No sata driver for Nforce 4 mobo, no driver for Audigy 2 value by broccolibeef
This is part of my first impressions of Vista--I have an evaluation copy of Vista Ultimate(32 bit, Build 5840) obtained from an MS launch event in Los Angeles. First, I have an Asus A8N-E mobo, supporting AMD 939 socket CPUS, and with BIOS 1080. But under Vista, my SATA HD--Western Digital WD1600JS--is not recoginized as an SATA device but an ATA device. In fact, NO SATA channels are...
January 29th 07 09:43 PM
by Pete Go to last post
9 140
dvb-tv 878 digital tuner driver by Huig
I ran the RC1 and the installer installed above driver. I bought Home Premium and now the driver does not get installed. Windows is unable to find a driver online. Why was the driver in the RC1 and not in the commercial package?
January 29th 07 09:03 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 173
Hard Drive Performance by LeeG
I have had my swap file set-up on a Excelstor ES3230 hard drive and my performance of vista has at times been slower than I would have expected. I have now changed the swap file to my other hard drive, a ST360015a, and seen an improvement in performance. Can anyone tell me if the Excelstor drive is a slower drive and are there any utilities that I can make use of to ensure that I can...
January 29th 07 06:56 PM
by Jimmy G Go to last post
1 156
ATI Radeon X800 Pro by AleXXX
Hello! Win Vista build 6000 do not supported original drivers ATI Radeon X800 Pro. Drivers was setup is default windows drivers, but working he is very good. When setup original drivers - Blue Screen of Dead (BSOD). What I do it not right? P.S.: I'am not good speak english, I'am from Russia (Samara) :)
January 29th 07 05:32 PM
by AleXXX Go to last post
2 167
Joystick by Doug
Hi, I have Flight Simulator X ( Demo ) installed on RC2 5744. I do not have a joystick or game controller. Is there one that will work with my setup and if so what is it. I have looked through the Vista games, hardware and general newsgroups but don't see anything about this. Doug
January 29th 07 05:13 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 129
DVD Burner by marine423
I recently installed Vista (clean) and had no problems except getting updated drivers for my sound card from the manufacturer. However, I have 2 hard drives, a DVD Rom Drive and a Burner. Sometimes when I boot up the computer, it only shows my DVD drive and not my CD burner. If I re-boot, they will both show up. This only happens with my CD burner. Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix...
January 29th 07 04:50 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 157
USB Pen drive by ian uk
Can't use any (and ive tried a few makes) usb flash drives in vista. I ve upgraded my xp install with the visa business upgrade that comes in the action pack. whenever i try a usb flash drive , it searches for a driver then says error installed software for disk drive "parameter in incorrect" . tried a clean install on another pc and all the usb sticks work. help !! don't really want to...
January 29th 07 03:52 PM
by ian uk Go to last post
0 109
Dell 922 AIO Drivers by Alexander Damjanovic
Important if anybody can get their hands on some or even design or change previous I have many things needed to be printed im getting tired of the library.
January 29th 07 09:59 AM
by Tony Go to last post
3 137
Which graphics card for Aero? by Phil Chapman
Hi all, I have Windows Vista Ultimate on my PC, but the graphics card does not support Aero. I'm not interested in playing 3D games - all I want is to watch DVD films and use Media Centre and Aero features. Can anyone suggest a suitable AGP graphics card? My computer has 1280MB RAM and an Asus A7A266 motherboard - I purchased it in 2001.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 07 02:47 AM
by Graham Hickson Go to last post
14 194
Vista Business x64 & HP Deskjet 930C by Emil
Hi, I've plugged my USB Printer (HP Deskjet 930C) and it's been installed automaticaly by system. But when I try to print a document in MS Word 2003 I get an error that my printer is configured wrong and printing cannot continue. When I try to print a test page I get an error that printing test paige failed. That's strange because the printer was installed without a problem and device...
January 29th 07 02:32 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 142
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 not recongized as tuners but Vista says wo by Stan Spotts [Computer Aid, Inc]
I've upgraded from WinXP MCE 2005 to Vista Ultimate (RTM), and got everything to work except the tuners. Device manager says they're working, and when I installed WinTV2000 I could watch TV, so they're definitely working. Media Center, howver, doesn't recognize that there are tuner cards and won't let me proceed with configuring the TV signal. I've been searching message boards since...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 07 12:49 AM
by Stan Spotts [Computer Aid, Inc] Go to last post
13 234
HP Computer Drivers for Vista by dirty old man
Those of you with HP computers might want to check HP's site for Vista drivers. Today there were Vista drivers for my Computer's built in audio and IDE controller. http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
January 28th 07 09:49 PM
by dirty old man Go to last post
0 130
Wont boot with Memorex D33013 DVD Burner by pfranklin
When I try to boot Vista with my Memorex D33013 DVD Burner, it just freezes. Yet, when I unplug the drive it works just fine. I've tried booting in safe mode but it still freezes. Looks like it freezes when it tries to load IO.sys Anybody else have a problem similar to this or any solution suggestions? Thanks!
January 28th 07 08:55 PM
by pfranklin Go to last post
0 116
USB keys not installed automatically by Alberto Di Meglio
Hi, I have a weird issue on VISTA RTM (Build 6000). Whenever I insert a new USB key in one of my laptop slots, I get the 'new hardware found' dialog popping up, thinking a bit, connecting to Windows Update, etc, and then asking me to insert the disk that came with the hardware. Of course I have no such disk, however, if I now choose to install the driver manually and point the dialog to...
January 28th 07 06:45 PM
by Bruno DUPUY Go to last post
2 134
watch video on tv??? by Christos
I want to plug cable to my graphics card(prolink 6800GT) and watch movies on my tv like windows xp. How can i do that? Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 07 04:36 PM
by Theo Go to last post
10 238
Motorola Cell Phones x Vista by Alexandre O. M. Pereira
Did anyone find a solution for the Motorola Phone Tools to work with Windows Vista ? Everytime I try to install it, it detects the cell phone, tries to install Motorola USB modem driver and stops saying that "an error ocurred while tring to install it" "an .inf file line is wrong or something else ...." I have already tried to run it as administrator, Win XP sp2 comp. mode and nothing ......
January 28th 07 04:09 PM
by jesusg Go to last post
6 161
Multi-Monitor Video Card that Supports Aero? by [email protected]
Right now I run a Matrox Parhelia 128mb card and makes use of a 3 monitor setup. Does anyone know a multi-monitor video card that will do this and has the requirements needed to run the Aero interface?
January 28th 07 04:04 PM
by digitall Go to last post
1 154
Problems with Hauppauge PVR-500 by Tom Jensen
Hi I'm about to go crazy with my tuner for mediacenter, first it was working perfectly but it has quit working with the following error message This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) There are no new hardware in the machine and nothing have changed. I have tried updating the drives with the one from Hauppauge but without any luck :-(
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 07 02:50 PM
by JW Go to last post
15 230
Vista Ultimate and XBOX MCE by SAS
Hi All, just finished udating to vista ultimate and have an issue with the XBOX 360, the XBOX is connected via RJ45 to a 100MB network to the desktop. When I try to setup MCE it gets to step Setting Media Locations (6325) and ticks that it then moves to Connecting to Extender but fails to go any further, on the XBOX it has "Contacting". I have tried it both with and without a firewall...
January 28th 07 12:01 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
1 127
USB Flash device by Jacek Jurkowski
USB Device working fine under XP is not recognized any more on Vista. Why? I't soesnt't need any drivers on XP.
January 28th 07 10:30 AM
by Jacek Jurkowski Go to last post

From The