HP Photosmart 8250 Windows Vista driver by Wojtek
I just bought new HP Photosmart 8250, it prints documents but photos not. Is there any solution? or I must wait for HP new driver release? Wojtek
October 24th 06 08:22 PM
by Wojtek Go to last post
0 142
Cannot get Intel Pro/100 VE Network or Pro/wireless 3945ABG to wor by Cooper Mitchell
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4254 notebook and I get a Code 10 device cannot start in Vista. It has the drivers installed but will not allow networking. Any help will be appreciated.
October 24th 06 10:31 PM
by Cooper Mitchell Go to last post
2 139
Linksys WMP54G NIC and Connectivity Issues With Broadcom Driver by Chris
I wanted to post some of my testing results with my Linksys WMP54G wireless NIC dropping connection to my WRT54G router. I have been playing with the "Advanced" properties of the Broadcom driver that Vista loads as Linksys does not have any Vista compatible software available for use. I used the Broadcom drivers default settings for about a week and was getting connection drops several...
October 24th 06 11:10 PM
by Chris Go to last post
1 136
Wireless and Printers Not working by JukEboX
I have installed vista onto my Dell Latitude D620 and Everytime I bring it back from hibernate or sleep it first loses connection to wireless and wired network and when I try to reconnect it has limited access. I will sit for hours trying to diagnose the problem and get nowhere. The second thing is after I restart the computer the Print Spooler Crashes. I have not been able to print ever...
October 25th 06 12:10 AM
by JukEboX Go to last post
0 168
Fasttrak 378 in RC2 by Justinx89x
I installed Windows Vista RC2 but am having a problem. It will not load my Promise Fasttrak 378 SATA drivers. In the device manager it says "the device failed to start". If I try to update the drivers, it says that the drivers are already up to date. I tried starting Vista with the option to allow unsigned drivers, still didn't work. Anybody have any idea how to fix this?
October 25th 06 01:34 AM
by Justinx89x Go to last post
0 159
ATI Radeon X600 All-In-Wonder by NervyJester
Has anyone been able to get the TV tuner to work on their X600 All-In-Wonder card in RC1? I've downloaded the beta drivers from ATI and still can't get the TV tuner to start.
October 25th 06 02:21 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 154
hp pavilion ze4430us laptop video driver by thebes11
before installing vista, I ran the check software to make sure it would run on the laptop and it said it would, with the exception of the video driver. I check and found this laptop has the ati radeon IGP 320M. A quick check of the ATI website showed vista drivers available for this card through the catalyst program. I downloaded it and ran it, but it said VISTA was not installed and...
October 25th 06 03:37 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 175
CD-RW Format by Mike
Here's a strange one! I've been using a CD-RW to back-up data from RC1, 5600 (using Vistas own built-in writing software!). It's been perfect since I installed it over a month ago! However, in the last 2 days, when I try to back up, I'm told the disc is "read only" and can't write to it! So, I tried to format... goes through the motions, but after a couple of minutes, informs me that it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 06 07:36 AM
by Mike Go to last post
14 275
BAD_POOL_CALLER? by Clark
Anyone know what this means when associated with a Blue Screen on Boot? This is still related to my modem causing a BSOD if I boot with it enabled. Works fine if I enable after boot. It gave a bunch of numbers also, so if they would help I have them. Thanks, Clark 5744
October 25th 06 11:56 AM
by Clark Go to last post
3 185
Printers that WILL work in Vista? by jancawa55
I just got back from WalMart one hour ago, I bought an HP Deskjet F335 for $48 and it worked fine, not with the disc it comes with though. "Mildred Savalier" wrote: Can anyone tell me what printers they can get working in Vista? I need a cheap printer for work, I only need black and white printing. If I have to buy another printer just to run on this machine I want it cheap LOL
October 25th 06 01:55 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 183
Anyone had luck with Lexmark X1150 ? by jancawa55
no, the Lex 1150 failed to work for me, either direct or on home network, so I bought the HPF335 which worked fine. "Peter" wrote: The question says it all. It seems that some makes work with the XP drivers and others don't. In the case of this one it installs without any problem but can't communicate. I tried disabling UAP .. no luck.
October 25th 06 02:44 PM
by jancawa55 Go to last post
0 151
leadtek 2000 TV card by Dan Slavoiu
I also have a Leadtek PVR 2000 TV Tuner. I was able to install it, to tune the TV channels, but I can't see anything. I got the sound but the screen is black. Also, the MCE doesn't see any TV tuner. What is to be done? "dbwsr" wrote: I also got it to install, but could only get a garbled picture (studder) using the WinFast PVR . The Media Center does not see the Tuner.
October 25th 06 05:43 PM
by Ted Ruoff Go to last post
1 188
Qtek 9100 not syncing by Lusaka Joe
Hi, have a Qtek 9100 + Vista RC2 B 5744 + WMDC Beta3. Everything was 100% pre-Vista. Now, device is never recognized when I plug it in (keeps looking for drivers) + WMDC does not connect + the device itself says "you need ActiveSync 4.1 or later to sync". Bizarre. Any work around for this? Tx.
October 25th 06 07:18 PM
by Lusaka Joe Go to last post
0 128
ECS KN1 motherboard and ATI RAdeon 1600 Pro Installation by Thomas
I have now tried several builds of Vista including the 5744 (?) as the latest on my ECS KN1, AMD 4400+ with ATI RAdeon 1600 graphics card. I get thru the file copy phase but when the system does the first reboot I get a blue screen at the point when it switches from the initial boot screen to something else. The codes usually found are kernel mode exception or IRQ.... or NTFS... The same code...
October 25th 06 07:41 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
0 157
No Pictures On HP Photosmart by anastasia1009
I am having a problem with this also - is there a work around. "Tad" wrote: I have the same problem with my Kodak Easyshare camera. I'm thinking about going to get a USB2 SD card reader to pull the photos off. So far I haven't heard of any solutions or work arounds yet :-/ "alliekins" wrote:
October 25th 06 08:29 PM
by anastasia1009 Go to last post
0 154
RC1 & SoundMax -- funky results (USUALLY no sound) by
Warning: this has been cross-posted in the music_pictures_video group, too "clean" install (let old WinXP2 go to Windows.old, no dual boot) on a "white box" which had WinXP previously (overall performance evaluation of the system is a pedestrian 2.5) -- used to have audio, no problem -- now generally, no audio -- very funky -- Device Manager reports no problems or conflicts (SoundMax...
October 26th 06 06:19 AM
by Billmc Go to last post
7 223
New site for ATI AMD by Theo
There's a new site for ATI AMD: http://ati.amd.com/index.html
October 26th 06 10:07 AM
by Theo Go to last post
2 139
infa red by Dave Johnson
Hi I have an Asus A6R Laptop which has built in infared, however vista says A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. i assume this is due to bios as this was a clean install, any help would be...
October 26th 06 03:31 PM
by Dave Johnson Go to last post
0 136
No Sound on Laptop, can't view DVD's by Wizkid120
I loaded Vista RC1 build 5600 on my Gateway 9550 laptop and everything runs well, except I get no sound at all. The sound chip is an ESS Allegro ES1998. I installed Win XP audio drivers to see if it works, but it didn't. Even worse, this seems to affect PowerDVD and Windows Media Center from running DVD's. Everytime. I try to run a dvd in those programs, it freezes or gives me a message...
October 26th 06 06:47 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 157
Video card for Vista by GuessWho
My wife's computer is still running a MX420 card which is not adequate for Vista and I have a 6200 card in my machine which is adequate for Vista. Since my wife doesn't do much except browsing, simple office documents and very basic photo imaging and desktop publishing, I'm considering moving my 6200 card to my wife's desktop and getting another, possibly more advanced, card for this...
October 26th 06 11:50 PM
by peter Go to last post

From The