HP with Vista going back to XP by Ben
Hi all, Right i have a little situation and would be very greatful for some pointers. I purchased a HP Pavillion DV9000 laptop and it works a dream. It came stocked with XP MCE and i decided to use a beta release of Vista to give it a try. To give it a fair test i installed Vista on a fresh install as the only OS.
April 5th 07 12:30 PM
by Malke Go to last post
2 187
DVD-RW will not work by Ben
I have installed a new DVD and it will not record. any ideas? From system info: Drive F: Description CD-ROM Drive Media Loaded No Media Type UNKNOWN
July 4th 07 12:24 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 176
ATI Mobility Vista Drivers and Videos by Ben Enfield
To all I have a year and a half old computer with a 1.6 Dothlan (Pentium M rev just before Core) and 2 gig of pc 4200 ram (the fastest it can take) with a mobility radeon X300 with 64 mb of ram. My computer will not play standard def videos at windowed resolutions greater than 640x480 when my computer is running at 1920x1200. This is a problem regardless of whether my computer is running...
May 3rd 07 09:40 PM
by Ben Enfield Go to last post
0 101
USB hardware not recognised warnings - when theres no USB devices by Ben G
I have been using Vista for almost 8 months now and have never had any problems until I turned on my PC earlier this evening and noticed that none of the USB ports worked at all. Windows keeps showing me the "USB device not recognised" warning dialogue box and is randomly playing the sounds it does when you plug in and un-plug a USB device. Boggled, I have unplugged ALL my USB devices, but...
November 27th 08 02:51 AM
by Nigma Go to last post
3 351
5.1 surround problems by Ben Hartley[_2_]
I have a problem with my 5.1 speaker system in that the front left and right speakers do not work when my speakers are configured for a 5.1 set-up. However, they do produce sound when it's configured on Windows as a 7.1 set-up. Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation Ben
September 6th 08 08:01 PM
by Ben Hartley[_2_] Go to last post
0 180
Type Of Graphics Card to Purchase by Ben Ramsay
I am wondering what type of graphics card to purchase for my system. I have a NEC L1040 with windows Vista Home Basic. Also What the heck is PCIe, I have never heard of this type of port on a system, i know about agp and PCI but not PCIe. I am submitting that I have tried to insert a Savage 4 & a winfast a18 DDR card into the slot but the don't fit so i am assuming that AGP is not the form...
November 16th 07 05:54 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 96
Hardware errors After Windows Update by Ben Ramsay
System tyoe Compaq Persario F500 OS Windows Vista Home Basic Devices - Standard Open HCD USB Host Controller & Nivida GForce Go 6100 Error message - could not load driver software Method for error Have just performed a Windows Update and rebooted as requested and now the
December 3rd 07 04:59 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
9 173
Motherboard Manual Required For Technical Refrence by Ben Ramsay
I have a Gigabyte Motherboard and i am trying to find a manual for it. I appears to be a recent release however I do not have much information to work with other than a number that was printed on the motherboard which is GA-T671MF, I think that is the mothereboards number but i am not sure. One of the reasons I want this is so that I can find a graphics card to enhance its performance. It...
November 14th 07 09:48 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
6 156
Re last Post by Ben Ramsay
I have downloaded the sugested file however I can not install it via the add hardware or via right click method. It tells me that the inf file does not contain any or compatable information
October 23rd 07 10:20 AM
by Ben Remsay Go to last post
2 4
LCD 170v Drivers for windows vista basic by Ben Ramsay
I have seaqrched the NEC website, as far as i know and can't find drivers for my LCD 170V monitor. I know it is a LCD Monitor but windows classifies it as a generic. I am wondering if there are any drivers that are avalible. In addition to this i would like to obtan a complete, or as complete as possible, list of drivers for my NEC 1040 desktop. This would be an addition advantage, even if...
October 21st 07 08:53 AM
by BillD Go to last post
1 134
Generic USB on Windows Vista Home Basic by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Basic 5 port USB 2.0 Compaq Presario F500 Laptop Have recently purchased a 4 port usb and I have noticed that It works for a while then stops working, it seems to disconect or enter a power save state and I have to disconect it to start it again. Have tested other devices on the port and they work. As far as I can tell I have power going through the device but they seem to...
November 17th 08 03:31 PM
by Big D[_3_] Go to last post
3 287
Vivicam 5190 by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
looking for drivers for a vivicam 5190 from vivitar that will be Vista compatable
July 28th 08 07:15 AM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
5 228
Coach Digital Camera by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
Looking For drivers for digital camera compatable with vista
May 9th 09 03:43 AM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
4 289
Psuedo Hybrid Drive by Ben-8151
I am planning a Vista64 Home Premium build and have a few questions about increasing the performance of the OS. Due to the lack of availability of 3.5" Hybrid Desktop Hard Drives I am looking at the ReadyBoost feature of Vista. Obviously a Hybrid drive would cache data to allow better use of the SATA bus by bursting the data at high speed. I am trying to figure out if I can substitue...
February 4th 08 08:56 AM
by Ben-8151 Go to last post
1 129
VISTA 64X - UNSIGNED DRIVERS by BENAGLIA
I have loaded Vista 64 X an I like the system and find it quite a few steps ahead of other operating systems available. On the other hand I am having quite a few problems with my CD/DVD devises (LG, Phillips) as their drivers are not accepted by Vista 64X. Can anyone help on this issue??? They are shown in the System/Device Manager list but both not working due to the unsigned driver issue. I...
September 9th 07 10:19 AM
by BENAGLIA Go to last post
3 109
Raid 5 HD with Vista 64? by BENAGLIA
Evening to all I have in mind of assembling a new high performance Pc with Raid 5 disk's and Vista Business 64 bit operating system. My pc now has Vista Business 64 and Raid 0 disk's and I am fully satisfied but need to set up a second working stationa and would like to know if anyone has tried Vista 64 with Raid 5 HD. Any news would be great AndyB
October 12th 07 04:04 AM
by Bill Hill Go to last post
7 133
Disk Drive installation: Help needed by Bender B. Rodriguez
Hello, First off let me describe the situation I am in. I have had my Vista Home Premium for about 2 months and I relized that my usage would require two Disk drives (my original being a Multi-Recorder). I removed a DVD ROM drive from my old XP and installed it into my Vista computer. I have installed drives before, so i doubt that the hardware was put in incorrectly. I booted up my...
April 10th 07 10:48 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 135
Please read, cross post: dim primary monitor by benfield
My computer will, 30 seconds after I log into windows, make the entire screen except the cursor go dim. It looks similar to when UAC dims the monitor to focus on a specific prompt, but it is perpetual, and the only think highlighted is the cursor. This occurs regardless of the resolution of the monitor or whether glass is on or off. Oddly, the dimmness only affects the primary monitor. I have...
June 8th 07 12:54 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 118
USB PORTS by Benjamin
My usb ports are not recognizing any usb devices, I hv tried lots of troubleshooting, but all to no good, I hv also read in threads were people point the driver installation to c:\windows... n it solved their problem............. can someone plz tel mii how to point the driver installation to c:\windows.......... any solution would b appreciated.......
April 14th 08 09:58 PM
by Fred Anbee Go to last post
1 167
My USB PORTS are not recognizing any usb flash devices by Benjamin
My USB ports are not recognizing any ubs flash devices, I think I must have deleted something I am not suppose to, mistakenly when I was trying to clean up my hard disk.... I am still able to install my Motorola V3r driver and charge my phone with the usb ports, but it cannot recognize any flash drives. Any help will be greatly appreciated... I am using a Toshiba satellite A200-1RK, running...
April 24th 08 04:29 AM
by Jorge pena Go to last post

From The