  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
DVD Drive Disappeared after I did some Maintenance by bagassa
Hello everyone, After I did some cleanup & maintenance, my Vista (Business) computer could no longer see my DVD/CD-ROM drive. The "device manager" utility gives me this error message (even after trying to update the driver): "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)"
November 2nd 08 09:33 PM
by ster Go to last post
6 371
PC850 by Peter[_6_]
By the way, you did install it in Vista right? You've rebooted and it still works? Peter From: "Junesh" Subject: Blueetooth Adaptor PC850 Date: October-06-07 9:34 PM Hello Peter,
October 7th 07 12:31 PM
by Peter[_6_] Go to last post
1 371
Hard drive help. by bigcroc[_2_]
Hi can i do this and if so can someone tell me the steps please as im a newbie .:geek: my hard drive is a sata 300 GB currently i have 87 GB left free due to numerous stuff ups of trying to install vista corectly,then trying UBUNTU,so i have chewed up alot of wasted space,my question is can i wipe my hard drive completely format it im sure that my pc isnt working as well as it could be so i get...
November 10th 08 12:10 AM
by mansrm81 Go to last post
9 371
Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!! by Richard Urban
An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides Vista compatibility. -- Regards, Richard Urban Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 07 04:43 PM
by David B. Go to last post
14 371
volume control icon by Jill Newbanks
Yesterday my computer shut down for some reason but is back up and running but now my volume icon on the task bar is gone. How do i get it back on. When I right click on the taskbar and open up start menu options under the system options the volume box is grey out and I am unable to check it. Any other suggestions to get this back on the taskbar????Help! -- Jill
January 12th 10 02:24 AM
by Brink Go to last post
7 370
Cannot use DVD drives in vista by [email protected]
Hi All, After a really long day and lots os swearing, I give up. I have just built a new machine with vista home premium on. WHile installing, the files started loading and suddenly a dialog pops up stating I need to install drivers for the DVD / CD drive. WTF? You were using it two seconds ago.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 07 12:15 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 370
Missing printers causing long boot times? by Hollis Paul
A Vista Business 64-bit was booting fine until an Epson printer decided that the ink was low, put a two page document into the queue, and never operated properly since. We first deleted the printer object, connected to another printer on another workstation, and were able to print. But that failed on the second attempt to print, so we waited for the refurb Lexmark to arrive. The Lexmark...
May 26th 10 06:06 PM
by Hollis Paul Go to last post
0 370
Unable to install modem driver in vista by deemi
an error messege appears when i trying to install modem driver in ACER Extensa 5220. my operating system is Vista ultimate SP1. in XP this hardware is running fine. please find attached screen shot. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: error_modem.jpg | |Download:...
June 1st 09 05:03 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
8 369
Vista's Crash by School
Vista's Crash Lately on my Vista OS there have been very few "blue screen crashes". This an improvement toward make Microsoft OS reliable. G. Sandoval ITSC 1405
February 17th 10 11:59 PM
by School Go to last post
0 369
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17A ATA not reading anything, where do i start to look to fix this? by craigbenham
I am trying to fix a problem on my dad's laptop (a Toshiba, running vista home premium) the laptop is having difficulty recognising that there is a cd or dvd in the drive. it tries to read something, you can see some sort of progress on the top bar in computer but then it asks you to insert a disk. i think the dvd drive is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17A ATA Device or possibly a TOSHIBA MK1237GSX ATA...
November 6th 08 11:11 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 369
No sound with AC'97 Audio by andypb123
Hello, I have intalled Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit on my Gateway laptop but I can't get any sound. My CPU is AMD Turion 64 and Motherboard chipset is ATI Radeon Xpress 200M. The integrated sound controller is ATI SB400 AC'97. I have installed the latest Realtek AC'97 audio codec Vista driver from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 06 09:56 AM
by andypb123 Go to last post
12 369
HELP!! by Alexis
Ok so my laptop is about 2 or 3 weeks old. I got a popup saying it had 10% left so plugged it in and when it got to 58% i noticed it said plugged in but not charging. So i unplugged it and it still said plugged in and not charging so what do i do because this is my first laptop and i'm freaking out -- :)
February 25th 08 02:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 369
free xm radio integrated in windows media center by
I was playing yesterday in windows vista media center and I found that you can listen to XM radio streaming (very good quality). Go to Online Media Explore AOL Radio Featuring XM Pretty cool! Best channels: top 20 on ch.20 XM HitList ch.30
February 18th 07 09:40 AM
by Scott Go to last post
3 369
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard by t
I'm running Vista Enterprise RTM upgraded from XP Pro. I have a MS Natural 4000 Keyboard (USB) and a MS 8000 Bluetooth Mouse intalled... I have downloaded and installed the Intellipoint and Intellitype "software/drivers" 6.1 for Vista from the update site. Feature wise, the mouse and keyboard are working properly... but here's where it gets interesting... I have multiple instances of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 06 12:09 PM
by Tim Bostonia Go to last post
11 369
problem with Nokia N70 !!! by daretofail
Hello everyone ! I am posting a problem seeming not to relate to Vista but I hope someone can help.I am using a Nokia N70 mobile music edition but when I transferred avi file to it , I could only here the sound ,no scene ( that ' s similar when I transferred video which had been converted from WMV to MP4 by total video convert )? -- daretofail
October 28th 08 10:54 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 368
Missing letters when typing!! by Deppfan7962
I have a brand new Vaio Latop Model # VGN-N250E with an Intellipoint Wireless Mouse 4000. When on the net (only) works fine when not on the internet , I type as I normally would and miss seveeral letters, space bar doesnt work, even when pounding on keys. I have Windows Vista! HELP Can I disable my touch pad, I dont use it very often, but will likely need to enable it so that needs to be...
June 10th 09 05:28 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
8 368
Windows Vista - Motorola HT 820 Bluetooth Headset won´t function properly by mdi
Hi NG, did some one know if the Motorola Bluetooth HT820 Headset needs some special Windows Vista (32 Bit) driver to function ? Or is there anyone who had this Haedset and use it with Windows Vista Ultimate ? Geetings Marko
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 09 08:07 AM
by shaggyDA Go to last post
15 368
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 11th 10 08:56 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
4 368
Vista's Crash by School
Lately on my Vista OS there have been very few "blue screen crashes". This an improvement toward make Microsoft OS relieable.
February 17th 10 11:54 PM
by School Go to last post
0 368
USB Parallel adapter--source for driver? by gingerpeach123
Hi, all, I am trying to connect my Epson Stylus Color 600 to a new HP Pavilion laptop running Vista. Neither the laptop nor the QuickDock have a parallel printer connection, so I bought a USB parallel adapter and tried to hook it up. The laptop came with a driver for the printer, but when I plug everything in it is only recognized as an "unknown USB device," and the list of ports I see...
October 27th 08 02:57 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post

From The