Boot Setup by desgnr
When i leave a USB flash drive in & boot the PC i get a message to remove disk. When i remove the Flash Drive the PC boots up. I want to leave the flash Drive in all the time. I tried to change the boot sequence. My Options a Boot Menu:
December 26th 08 06:21 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
1 198
Seagate FreeAgent | Xtreme External HDD Software on Vista Ultimate x64 by AnarchyCow
As many of you who use Seagate External Hard Drives might know, the Seagate tools that come on the External HDD do not work with 64-bit operating systems at all. Which personally, makes me upset. Pretty much anyone who is really going to use 1-1.5TB HDD space is going to know what they are doing when it comes to computer, in the current day and age with the amount of ram swelling to over what...
December 26th 08 11:02 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 179
802.11g driver missing by annehuffman
HP Paviliion desktop, after system recovery get error message that new hardware found : 802.11g Network adapter Have reinstalled several times but driver wont load. How can I fix this.. I need the internet on desktop/ How can Ifind out the manufacturer of wireless card :eek: -- annehuffman
December 27th 08 10:47 AM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
1 184
NB HP and VISTA - does not work LAN by eiger33
Hallo, I have NB HP 6730s with vista ultimate, but the LAN doesn´t function. I have installed original driver which I downloaded from 'HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more' (http://hp.com), but it doesn´t function. It reports an error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Could you please help me? Although I reinstall Windows, there was the same problem. In...
December 27th 08 01:26 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 203
Problems installing XP on 2nd HD by Zifka
I am attempting to set up a dual boot on my PC running Vista Ultimate X64. I want to load XP on a second hard drive but during windows XP setup I get a stop message informing me "a problem has been detected and windows is shutting down...etc. with the following tech info: stop: 0x0000007b (0xf78D2524, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Vista recognizes the new drive but I can't set up XP on it....
December 27th 08 01:30 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 218
USB Conflict by Lorin[_2_]
New PC. Vista Ultimate SP2 MS Entertainment Wireless 8000 kbd and mouse. When ever I plug or unplug a thumb drive or other USB device (SD with adapter), the keyboard and mouse locks up for several seconds to several minutes. Totally locks up until the thumb drive is accepted by Vista. The kbd mouse interface is plugged directly into the motherboard rear connector. The thumb drive is plugged...
December 27th 08 04:58 PM
by Lorin[_2_] Go to last post
0 244
Cannot remove orphaned com ports !!!!! by sonerai3
Using Vista Home Premium 64-bit, after numerous attempts at installing a USB to serial converter based on the FDTI 232R chip I have the converter working but also have numerous extra com ports (1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12,14,and 15) that I cannot remove. From Control Panel Printers Right-click anywhere Click on Ports Tab these com ports are visible but when selecting a port and clicking the...
December 27th 08 06:17 PM
by sonerai3 Go to last post
8 259
nvidia fx go5600 by Larry Morris
This video card is on the hardware compat list, but Vista (RTM) is not detecting my graphics memory. As a result, my computer gets rated as a 1. Has anyone encountered this problem and know how to fix it. Thanks,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 08 10:27 PM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
10 428
Intellimouse scrollwheel stops working by jerryk
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse and sometiimes the scrollwheel stops working. Rebooting will fix it for awhile, then it happens again. I'm using Vista Ultimate. Thank you. JerryK
December 27th 08 10:27 PM
by Andrew Murray[_7_] Go to last post
1 220
pocket pc 2002--- vista by chris parr
I have recently bought a new laptop with vista premium on it. I also have my dads old pda, running pocket pc 2002- which i use for my course studies. problem is, these machines are notorious for having volatile memory, and if power is lost, so are my installed programmes- such as adobe reader and pocket slides- both vital. at home during the holidays this isnt a problem, i have access to...
December 28th 08 04:17 AM
by Bender Go to last post
4 222
Screen Resolution by Sulaiman
Hi I am unable to set my screen resolution to 1280x1024. I am using the latest nVidia Drivers for graphics card and the display is working at that setting when using XP. The monitor drivers that I am using is the Generic Non-PnP monitor drivers and it does not allow me to select a refresh rate of 60Hz when I change resolution settings on PC.
December 28th 08 07:56 AM
by Sulaiman Go to last post
7 295
cannot communicate with dns server by raven120461
Hi! Merry Christmas. I'm a newbie here and need ur help regarding issue on internet connection. My internet connection is very slow and when I checked wireless network connection status i found out that the speed is only 54.0 Mbps but before it is 100.0 Mbps and when i click diagnose this message appear - "cannot communicate with dns server (212.93.192.13). Network diagnostics pinged the...
December 28th 08 02:02 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 317
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by Cheato3825
have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is there...
December 28th 08 10:34 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 263
LifeCam VX-3000 causes instability (freezing) by Nigel Molesworth
I've had a lot of stability issues recently (freezes) and have located the cause as the software for the Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. I've uninstalled the software, but the camera still works with Live Messanger, which is nice. Is there a driver-only package for this, or another solution to get some functionality? -- Nigel M
December 29th 08 12:47 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 291
Adding IDE Drive to New System with ATA / SATA Architecture by Derek King
Finally got a new system, made my buy, no problem with Vista , (new drive). Added Maxtor 'OneTouch' USB 500GB external HD for backup. I attached my Samsung SP1203N 120GB HD using a UDMA connection cable to the primary IDE connection on the system board. The OS is WinXP Pro SP2 When I rebooted I went to the BIOS to see the drive was recognized, and it showed an accurate approximation of used and...
December 29th 08 03:30 AM
by Andy Go to last post
2 260
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by Cheato3825
I have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is...
December 29th 08 12:47 PM
by Bender Go to last post
2 278
Install 2 Video Cards on Vista, 1 Nvidia, 1 ATI? by cheato3825
I have 2 graphics cards in my computer, one a Nvidia 9600GT which goes to my 22 inch monitor, and an ATI X1550 which goes to a 15 inch monitor. I do this so i can keep open programs like aim on my small monitor but still be able to play games on the 22 inch without losing any performance. In XP all i had to do was install my nvidia drivers and then my ATI drivers and I was good to go, is...
December 29th 08 06:00 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 288
Bluetooth transceiver doesn't like Memory stick, when they are near by Ari Sillanpää
Works well, when Bluetooth transceiver is in front of desktop and memory stick is behind desktop. Memory stick is "Kingston 4 GB Data Traveler 100" Bluetooth transceiver belong to "Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000"-set
December 30th 08 12:28 AM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
7 290
problem with usb headset by sobriquet
Hi. I have a Sennheiser usb headset and it used to work fine on my dell vista laptop (inspiron 640m). Now suddenly it no longer works and I don't have a clue why it doesn't work anymore. There are no online drivers available for the usb headset and it works fine on another xp computer. When I plug it in on my dell vista laptop, the hardware manager looks like...
December 30th 08 06:40 AM
by falcon69 Go to last post
9 300
Devcon.exe for vista? by Mark Barnes (Jao)
Hi I need to script the disabling of some devices in Vista but neither the 32bit nor 64bit version of devcon.exe downloadable from the site will work with vista. Anyone know of one that does work in vista, or any other CLI utility that can disable and enable devices? Cheers
December 30th 08 08:06 AM
by ifish Go to last post

From The