External USB Hard Drive Can't be Accessed by Sokd21
Hello. I have searched the posts in this group and have found similar situations to this, but not the same. I have a HP Pavilion a1730n with Vista Home Premium :-( I am trying to hook up a USB 2.0 external hard drive (a Maxtor drive, set to Master, placed in a hard drive enclosure). When I hook it up and go into Windows Explorer, Explorer stops running. Same with trying to access the drive...
March 10th 07 12:52 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
4 159
Problem with Nvidia Board by Sokoban
Hi I have Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. My Graphics board is Nvidia 6800. In Vista works the board successfully but in Media Center want the screen flickering. I have the screen resolution 1280x something. I have also seek after a new drivers for my board but Nvidia haven't drivers for Windows Vista. Greatful for answer !! // Sokoban
December 13th 06 01:11 PM
by Sokoban Go to last post
6 235
CD Burning with dual boot by Sol
For my business, I have four computers that are dual boot with XP and Vista. On the computers I used XP to burn a CD, the Vista CD burning utility gives me an error message. On the computers I used Vista, the XP utility gives me an error message. Rebooting does not cure this. Any suggestions?
October 23rd 07 11:53 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 105
Generic Bluetooth HID drivers by Sol
Does Vista come with a Generic HID KB/Mouse bluetooth stack? My dongle works and I can pair with my KB, but when I do and the drivers start to load, it states that the HID drivers cannot be loaded because the files aren't there.
October 24th 06 05:32 PM
by Sol Go to last post
0 137
Processor Bus? by solidsnake204
I saw this Dell PC on Tesco direct which I thought was good specs for it's price. I sent the page to my friend, who also said it was also very good, but the "low" processor bus will mean the PC wont be as fast as I thought it would be. It's processor bus is 800mhz. Is this low? Full system specs: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-4621.aspx
May 7th 08 08:58 PM
by solidsnake204 Go to last post
2 209
problem with 3 display by solon
hi! just got a new ibm pc vista in office, followed the advise fm below : http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx & tried to add 2 extra display cards for 3 monitors set up but not workable, anyone can help me on this: situation 1-- 2 x pci ati radeon 9250 after vista running, it detected the display cards & automatically search &
March 14th 08 08:13 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 232
Realtek ALC882 noworky... by Some guy in Kirkland
Installed RC1 on a Infinity 975X with a Core 2 Duo E6700 and 2GB ram... the sound card is not found on install and Windows Update does not see it. I tried the drivers from the motherboards website but those do not work as well... anyone got these things working?
September 11th 06 06:42 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
0 329
UPS???? by Some guy in Kirkland
Where is the applet for configuring an UPS that would use USB or COM ports?
December 19th 06 06:11 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 464
IBM T42 w/ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 by Some guy in Kirkland
Looks like the stock drivers are pretty freakin slow.. (DVD playback is horrible) and rating is 1.0) I fould some Vista drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 but they won't install... anyone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 06 10:03 PM
by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\) Go to last post
10 384
Nvidia Vista RTM Drivers by Some guy in Kirkland
anyone know when Nvidia will have RTM drivers for Vista? I see they still have RC2 ones available.. (or did i miss them on their site?) thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 23rd 06 02:48 PM
by Chris Jacobsen Go to last post
14 262
tons of visual artifacts in Aero by Some Person
The bar at the top of windows is really really blurry, the text is and the window glass. Also, almost everything I do stretches and distorts the screen in the area. Changing ATi drivers didn't help. Also, I hate Windows and only use it because it plays games. If this is unfixable, I'll probably just switch completely to Ubuntu.
June 22nd 08 09:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 186
Microsoft Fingerprint reader 1033, Vista Installation Problems by someghuy
I recently downloaded the Digital Persona 2.0.1 driver for Windows Vista Home Premium edition (32 bit), but every time I try to connect the fingerprint reader I get the following message: Error Invalid class string. Suspect installation problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and also have gone through the registry to clear out anything related before installing, but have...
May 11th 08 05:13 PM
by someghuy Go to last post
0 154
BSoD Problems by someguy
Right, so I've signed onto these forums to try and get some help with a BSoD problem I'm having. I've never had problems before, but since returning from a weeks holiday I've been getting BSoD every so often. It will sometimes happen randomly, but it will always happen when I try playing Team Fortress 2. It could be when i load it or during the game but it does happen. I've got a program that...
August 10th 09 11:16 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 304
February 23rd 07 03:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 276
Vista and memory cards, do they work ? by Someone
Hi, This is really an annoying problem and has happend 4 times now under Vista (2 under RC2 and 2 on the final). I have a Smart Media card for my digtal camera and 2 different USB 1.0 card readers. Well, Vista did it again, I went out today took about 40 pictures put them in the card reader, windows sees the card, pulls it up, shows thumbnails of 1/2 the pictures, and then explorer crashes...
March 11th 07 02:05 AM
by Someone Go to last post
0 162
Vista 64 Bit - Cannot Boot With 3 Hard Disks by SomeoneX
Hello, I have just installed Vista Ultimate 64 Bit (on my 500 GB Seagate hard disk, the main hard disk). Then, I added 2 more hard disks (a 1 TB Hitachi and another 500 GB Seagate), so now I have 3 SATA hard disks installed. However, Vista cannot start. Sometimes, it stuck on the boot screen (the one with the scrolling green bar), sometimes it just show black
August 25th 09 02:25 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
9 179
Windows vista ultimate hangs in HT machine*** URGENT SUGGESTION NEEDED PLEASE*** by somu_bcrec
Hi everybody, I have intel p4 3.0 Ghz HT processor intel original D101GGC mainboard 1 gb zion ram ddr 80 gb sata hdd When i install windows vista ultimate it completes the installation fine but after installation while using windows vista , it get hangs for few minutes and remain like that for 2-3 mins, with no mouse keyboard working :confused: ,then again the hangs clears and it start working.
August 5th 08 10:04 PM
by Curious[_3_] Go to last post
2 187
Wireless button flashing - wifi only working intermittently (HP Pavilion zv5000) by [email protected]
I've upgraded my HP Pavilion zv5000 to Windows Vista, although HP doesn't support Vista on this laptop. After I upgraded the display adapter manually (using the Omega drivers) things were running smoothly - until I wanted to use the wifi capabilities. The button normally used for switching wifi on and off doesn't work and the light (on the actual button) that indicates whether wifi is on or off...
March 21st 07 07:33 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 103
Cannot remove orphaned com ports !!!!! by sonerai3
Using Vista Home Premium 64-bit, after numerous attempts at installing a USB to serial converter based on the FDTI 232R chip I have the converter working but also have numerous extra com ports (1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12,14,and 15) that I cannot remove. From Control Panel Printers Right-click anywhere Click on Ports Tab these com ports are visible but when selecting a port and clicking the...
December 27th 08 05:17 PM
by sonerai3 Go to last post
8 261
Sync Center and World by soniajane
Hi - I'm new to Vista and struggling with syncing my iPaq. I've got it working OK with Outlook functions like calendar and contacts, but how do I sync an app like Worldmate? It shipped with the iPaq and under XP it just appeared as an option to check in Active Sync. Now I've moved to Vista I can't see anywhere in Windows Mobile Device Center to add applications or to browse for other types...
November 19th 07 12:54 PM
by rickwoods Go to last post

From The