Windows Vista RC1's Lack of Midi Settings? by sonicD
Why does vista lack the ability to select a midi output device? Midi is not obsolete, I and many sound artists still use this technology. Microsoft has limited output to the GS software synth and not provided an easy way to change it in the sound settings. All I was able to do is right click the "speakers" and find a midi "about box" for the GS software synth. This is unacceptable. Is...
February 25th 07 07:25 PM
by Problems finding audio manger Go to last post
6 267
Keyboard Repeat Delay by Sonicpelican
Changes to the "Keyboard Repeat Delay" settings are not saved. The Keyboard Repeat Delay has defaulted to "Fast" which means holding down a key for just a microsecond means 2 or 3 of the same letter is repeated. This happens in all applications. You can set the delay to "Slow" to fix the problem but after a reboot it defaults back to "Fast". Anyone have any answers or having the same...
December 21st 09 06:15 PM
by Starflare5 Go to last post
9 299
connect my pc to a tv by Sonya10
I have a gateway mt3707 and i recently bought a vga to rca cord so i could watch movies from my lap top to my tv! but for some odd reason it wont work! can someone please tell me how to set it up! the rca is ( blue, red, green):shock: -- Sonya10
July 13th 09 06:51 PM
by das cargo indonesia Go to last post
5 275
Patch for Lexmark Printer by SonyWife
Can anyone tell me where I can get a patch so my all in one Printer will be compatible with Vista?
November 9th 07 11:35 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 130
Replaced SCSI adapter, system won’t boot. by Soong[_2_]
In XP there was some file in the root of the C:\ drive that was simply a renamed copy of the SCSI adapters driver and replacing it with the appropriate file would have resolved this situation. I can’t remember what that file was called in XP (NTsomething.sys I think) but it doesn’t matter because it’s not the same in Vista. I’m running Vista Ultimate upgraded to SP1. I fried my SCSI adapter when...
June 17th 08 06:59 AM
by RonnieJP Go to last post
3 170
Trouble Installing ATA HDD on VISTA by Sopel
Hello, Im currently running Microsoft Vista on My HP Computer, it already has a 300GB SATA HDD, I just bought a ATA 750GB SEAGATE HDD, I want to run both, and store my music/videos on the 750GB while running programs/files from my 300GB SATA, basically I want to utilize both of them at the same time while im on the desktop. My Computer has one primary IDE/ATA cable and it has my CD and DVD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 19th 07 06:11 PM
by andy Go to last post
12 434
HP Laptop Mouse Disappears by Sosoomi
HP DV6449US... usually happens when notebook goes to sleep and then wakes up... keyboard is OK and pressing Ctrl will locate but not make the cursor visible. Anyone else have this issue or fix? Thanks... Sos
October 12th 07 03:10 PM
by Sosoomi[_2_] Go to last post
5 122
SB Audigy 2 Platinum and Vista Ultimate by Sotos
I experience a major problem with my SB. Even if I install the drivers automaticaly through Vista web search, even if I run the installation manualy with the Creative's drivers file for Vista: SBAXVSD_PCDRV_LB_2_12_0002, I can here no sound. Please help! Sotos
November 11th 07 10:27 AM
by Sotos Go to last post
0 186
Hardware problems... by SoulHunter
i don't know if anyone has posted this problems with this devices or not...if they did i'm sorry. I've had problems with 3 things on Vista, first of all was my creative audio PCI that was not able to install, then my Lexmark series X1100 (my model is X1190) that installed but was unable to work and then the most important of all and main reason why i went back to my old windows XP, my...
September 18th 06 11:17 PM
by SoulHunter Go to last post
0 142
Dual Monitors by Soulsmith
Im sure a few people have had this problem, I had dual monitors and I dragged some windows over to the secondary one and now those windows open on that monitor by default. When i unplug the other monitor and reboot it still thinks that it is attached and thus some of my programs/folders open on a non-existant monitor and I can't get to them because they are on a desktop I cannot see. Can...
September 10th 07 02:41 PM
by John Go to last post
6 116
Need recommendations for KVM that will work with Vista and XP syst by soulsrfing
My current KVM (iogear GCS612A), which I have used flawlessly for 2 XP systems for the past 3 years won't work with my new computer configed with Vista. The monitor signal won't activate the KVM, nor send a signal to the monitor. I was told (by Dell, Iogear, and LG - who makes my monitor) that I need a new KVM, but none on the Vista site are listed as "compatible" or "certified." I tired...
July 31st 07 08:20 PM
by soulsrfing Go to last post
6 167
vista stinks by Soundchaser[_2_]
Vista really stinks - after 8 frustrating months I got xp and installed it on my vista pre-loaded toshiba. I never had ultimate or business so guess what me no qualify for toshiba downgrade deal, *******s got xp any way and much much better VISTA SUX Gonna keep an eye on that ubuntu as well!
October 2nd 07 09:08 AM
by Soundchaser[_2_] Go to last post
0 109
Recording from Internet. by Sourceman
Ok. I am totally frustrated. I am running vista Ultimate and decided to record some music from the Internet. I was using Realtek on board sound. Had stereo mix check as default and setup correctly in both Roxio and Audacity. Could not get it to record. I purchased a SIIG 5.1 Soundwave and set that up correctly. I even updated the drivers all the way around. Never had these issues in...
August 19th 07 09:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 112
Need Wireless Desktop (keyboard) 8000 question by SouthernDancer23
I have just purchased and installed the new Windows Wireless Desktop 8000 on a Vista Home Premium machine and can't figure out how to do a PrintScreen. All the Help screens reference an F-Lock key (which this version does not have, it has an Fn key instead). Seeing as how there is practically NO documentation that comes with this keyboard, I'm at something of a loss. I've tried CTRL and...
November 4th 07 08:29 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
6 102
Media Center.... amazing... by southpaw
I had been waiting for the RTM of Vista to finally mover over since I had a PVR-150 from Happauge... On a whim I booted to RC2 and ran the Windows Media wizard... I am watching TV, have a wonderful console, etc... kudos microsoft... big time
November 10th 06 01:08 PM
by DCR Go to last post
3 117
problems with my USB devices such as flash disk and memory reader by SOUTY
windows can't recognize my USB devices it can't instal a driver although it works without a driver in windows sp3 my vista is 32bit RTM i have a mp3 player and memory reader
December 23rd 06 05:32 PM
by Theo Go to last post
8 267
Users with Vista x64 and D975XBX2, please help by sovereignty68
I just got D975XBX2 to replace eVGA 680i SLI. But I'm having trouble with Vista x64 installation. Whenever Vista x64 installation finished loading files before going to setup screen, a BSOD appears - "BAD_POOL_CALLER..... STOP: 0X000000C2". If I disabled RAID (ICH7R) in BIOS, BSOD is gone. I know RAMs are good because I was using them in 680i mobo and passed 20 hours of memtest+. Is it possible...
May 18th 07 10:58 PM
by Conor Go to last post
3 228
VMware Server on Longhorn (Vista and co.) - how to? (unsigned driver) by sp
VMware Server on Longhorn - how to? I installed VMware server version 1.0.3 on Longhorn Beta 3 but I can not start, bacause VMAuthdService (VMware Authorization Service) is depents on VMware vmx86. Someone said that vmx86 is a device driver. And Vista and co. are not lucky if the user tries to install the unsigned driver. Is it any workaround to install unsigned driver on Longhorn?
May 23rd 07 01:05 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 93
STOP: 0x0000007B while booting - how to add scsi drivers mannualy? by sp
I am trying to boot virtual guest from phisical disk (under VMWARE) and I receive STOP: 0x0000007B (teh same is with guest Windows XP 64bit, Win Server 2008 64 bit and Vista 64 bit). I think I need SCSI drivers (propably LSI because only LSI is avaible when we use phisical disk). Moreover how to install these drivers (I can boot this machine normally without virtualization and it is working...
July 24th 07 03:53 AM
by Brian A. Go to last post
2 165
vx-6000 by space bunny
hi everyone, it seems that after installing sp1 on my vista machine (x64) my webcam isn't reconised anymore. i tried several versions of lifecam (after uninstalling the old versions) but everytime when installing is finished and i'm told to insert the cam something goes wrong with installing the drivers for the visual part, the driver for the audiopart is installed correctly. does this ring...
September 16th 08 06:44 PM
by mansrm81 Go to last post

From The