  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Will Vista ever fully support voice modem based on conexant chip s by clayga
Problem: My Rosewill RC-403 PCI Voice/Data/Fax modem isn't working fully with a number of TAPI based answering machine programs (e.g. IVM Answering Attendant, Impulse Technology's CallStation). These programs can pick up and record calls but they cannot play a greeting message over the phone line. All a caller hears is silence while the greeting is playing. Craig Duncan at Impulse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 08 12:53 AM
by Craig Duncan Go to last post
18 481
Vista x64 Ultimate SATA HDD gone missing by Jason
Hello, I have just recently installed a new copy of Vista x64 Ultimate on my computer. Everything was going fine and all of my HDD (3 of them) were visible and working. I used the Intel matrix storage manager to create a RAID 0 setup of 2 of my 3 drives. Once that was complete I lost visibility of my 3rd drive that I was using for backups. The BIOS and device manager see the RAID Drive...
December 31st 08 08:21 AM
by Jason Go to last post
2 299
add new drive to network by PaulH7436
I have a desktop with Vista and a 1TB WD HD attached via usb cable. My laptop has XP Home. I use MS One Care for the networking and would like to add the usb drive to the network to make the backups automatic. It is already working fine on the desktop. I have been unable to get the laptop to recognize the USB drive. I have tried the help screens in One Care to no avail. Any suggestions...
January 1st 09 09:42 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
3 205
Hide N' Go Seek HDD by 2aider
Specs: CAS: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower 420W Case CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit CD: LG 20X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System *HDD: Hitachi 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2...
January 1st 09 09:27 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
3 222
Vista x64 ultimate and creative optia af problem by Simon Bland
Hi All, I'm having a bit of a weird problem that perhaps someone out there knows the answer to. I have built a PC and installed it vista x64 to see what differences having multiple Gbs of memory would make to some of my physics codes; but am having an annoying problem with my webcam - a creative optia af. Basically if I plug in the webcam it works fine, but if I sleep and then wake the computer...
January 1st 09 09:00 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
2 198
External USB Hard Drive not working, Vista asking fordrivers by David Whiteside
I had the same problem. The way I got over this was to go into The Lacie hard drive via another computer and go into the SOFTWARE folder. Make a copy of the setup programme and copy this a flash drive or disc that works on your vista laptop. Copy the setup to your new laptop. Run the programme and once it has finished installing, the lacie 500gb should work. Hope this helps David EggHeadCafe -...
January 1st 09 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 381
External USB Hard Drive by Waggy64
Hi all. I have scoured the forums here and elswhere to a problem that seems to affect many but the solutions seem just plain daft. The problem - Window 64 Ultimate with external hard drive. The external hard drive has occasionally dropped from its NTFS file
January 1st 09 04:06 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 294
sound default - Nick B by Java Joe
Vista supports output to multiple sound devices and even multiple sound devices on the same sound card if the hardware and drivers support it. For example, right now I am listening to both the SPDIF (hooked up to the receiver) and the 'speakers' device (PC speakers) simultaneously. I’m using Winamp with the ‘Multiple Output Plugin’. The issue is the Windows Media Player engine and thus Media...
January 2nd 09 01:02 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
1 170
eSATA External HDD by Brunswick2
Just bought a WD 500gb hdd and an antec MX-1 enclosure. It has eSATA. Put it all together and plugged it in / hooked it up to computer and turned it on. I went into control panel and disk management bla bla bla, can't find the hard drive?? The computer should recognize that it is there right? How else can I formatt it if I can't even find it? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
January 1st 09 09:04 PM
by DevilsPGD[_2_] Go to last post
4 194
LCD failed to work as it should by tobehknese
my sister just dropped her laptop from the couch to the carpet floor (which doesn't seem like it "got hurt" too bad); then the LCD isn't working like it should be. The LCD is still light up, but dark.. we have to "put the head of a flashlight right down on the display to see it"... I don't know much about computers, but I'm guessing the display card is crashed or something?:cry: sorry for my poor...
December 31st 08 01:00 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 340
USB Audio with Acer Monitor P244 speaker by tugas2khas
Hi, I have just bought Acer P244W Monitor that come with a speaker. I have Dell XPS 1330 with Vista Business. I can get the monitor working to the maximum resolution... however, the speaker doesn't have any sound. It detect the USB sound device.. driver is provided by microsoft. Please help... --
January 2nd 09 04:53 PM
by Hot-text Go to last post
1 184
Monitor Scrambles by Petals357
I am haveing trouble with my monitor. Sometimes it will scramble and i will need to do a hard boot and restart the computer to make it all come back to normal again.. sometimes it will happen on start up then maybe 30 mins after start up, or over night i wake up and its scrambled. Its a gateway computer with windows vista home premium, AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4000+, 32-bit...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 09 05:11 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
11 392
HP DeskJet 710c and Vista 64bit problems by Borislav Dopudja
Hi people, I hope someone will be able to help; I have printer that works perfectly with Vista 32bit, and when I've gone to Vista 64bit, printer stoped working. Drivers are installed OK, but they do not work. Printer gets papaer, and doesn't print anything. Tried also different print drivers, but with no prevail.
December 30th 08 11:27 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
5 319
x64_0xA_Rtlh64+fe4e, type 0 Blue Screen by toasterdevil
I have received this several times. I have a new laptop, a Gateway t-6836 which is a decent and somewhat fast laptop. After it freezes up it says it may be an ethernet networking problem. I updated by ethernet network drivers and I have a very fast wired internet connection. The blue screen seems to happen when I am using uTorrent but their forum says the software is just forcing my...
December 30th 08 02:17 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 325
Printing from a Dos program by Ken North
I have a new notebook with Vista Home Premium SP1 that is being used with a wireless network (only the one notebook computer) with a 3 year old HP USB inkjet printer plugged in directly. All printing works normally(except from the dos program) with print icon coming on in the taskbar when printing. My old desktop computer with XP could print form the dos program. With the XP all I had to do...
January 2nd 09 03:16 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
4 191
Need 64 bit drivers for agere systems HDA modem by nsharazer
Need 64 bit drivers for agere systems HDA modem. Any Ideas?
December 31st 08 04:47 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 289
Unbootable Hard Drive by Bill
I fried my hard drive last week. Dell has already installed a replacement drive. My question is that the os will not recognize the old drive at all. Like an idiot I forgot to backup my files. Is there a workaround? The disk drive does not even show up in the recovery function.
December 31st 08 10:21 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 273
Creative Audio Problems by ASH-PT
Recently bought a creative sound blaster x-fi elite pro sound card to do some recording on my pc. I am trying to use cubase LE that came with the sound card, but everytime I use cubase and turn one of the dials on the sound card input dock i get the blue screen of death! I've tried downloading the latest drivers as apparently previous versions have bugs, but nothing seems to...
December 30th 08 11:52 AM
by ASH-PT Go to last post
0 299
Microsoft Anna help by SargentMugen
Around July-August I got Microsoft Anna thinking it would be nice to type in stuff like Speakonia and use it for fun but I then discovered a horrid outcome. Everytime I copy something or something comes up, it reads the whole darn page! I've tried to disable it several times but it is no use. *GOD, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! SHE'S DRIVING ME INSANE! *Oh, and I use Vista Home Premium 32bit in case...
January 2nd 09 02:24 PM
by SargentMugen Go to last post
6 202
USB Meltdown or is it just Vista ? by timb
Alright... I'm perplexed ! I have a somewhat unique set up that was running fine up until a few days ago... I use a Microsoft "Enterainment Desktop 7000" keyboard and mouse (bluetooth) along with a Targus USB numeric key pad (the MS keyboard doesn't have # keys)... Along with vista loosing it's mind with regard to "sleep mode"... the "5" key on the key pad seems stuck... ahhh... but it's...
January 1st 09 10:36 PM
by timb Go to last post

From The