  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
CD Drive Wont Read Any Discs by Ross
My CD drive wont play any cd's that i put into my drive, i put a disc in, it spins it around but in my computer it doesnt recognise it. Other posts say go into control panel, but when i open contol panel it opens it for about a second then a message says windows explorer is restarting! What can i do?
January 13th 09 06:27 PM
by akarame Go to last post
2 149
Damaged HDD? by Andreas
I have a 400GB PATA (IDE) HDD which has been working fine. I bought an IDE to SATA converter from ebay and tried to install on a PC that only supports SATA drives. The PC could not see the drive even after a lot of combinations that I tried so, I put it back into my USB case and connected to PC. After that, the computer could not see it at all. In device manager it is seen as: ±m ±m ±m ±m±m...
January 11th 09 03:08 PM
by Andreas Go to last post
2 173
problem with optical drive by bossmayank619[_2_]
hi i have a hp dv 6137tx and optical drive not burning dvd but reading it properly. when i try to burn a dvd using nero 8 i get error invalid block address and it fails and eject the disc blank. i uninstalled reinstalled norton no go same thing . i used nero clean up utility and installed deep burner no go fails as well and eject the dvd blank in 10 sec . created dual boot with xp and installed...
January 11th 09 12:15 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 152
64-bit laptop recommendation by John A Grandy[_2_]
I'm researching a 64-bit laptop to be used primarily for Microsoft software development.. Which flavors of Vista come in 64-bit ? Does anyone have any specific recommendations on make/model ? Thanks.
January 11th 09 04:29 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 197
RAID array degraded - "missing hard drive" by markmcd
Hi guys, I have an Intel RAID array on my PC with 3 750Gb physical drives. I have checked all the connections in the box and all seems well. The error I receive is that the RAID array is degraded ("missing hard drive" error) on port 1. Ports 0 and 2 are fine representing the other 2 drives. This happened once before and apparently the cause was iTunes mpeg files play havoc with RAID arrays...
January 12th 09 01:14 PM
by DL Go to last post
4 167
TV card recommendation by John A Grandy[_2_]
Does anyone have a recommended TV card for Vista ? I have Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi4 Also interested in any recommends for 64-bit.
January 12th 09 04:24 AM
by John A Grandy[_2_] Go to last post
0 171
Cannot display in DVI mode/cannot go above 1024x768 resolution by normlabe
I have a 24 inch widescreen, and I know its native resolution is NOT 1024x768. I'm using an 8800 GTS with the latest drivers (I checked). Nothing is displayed in DVI mode, and I can't put my monitor on its native resolution. Can anyone help? -- normlabe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ normlabe's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/normlabe.htm
January 14th 09 12:33 AM
by normlabe[_2_] Go to last post
3 169
problem installing USB Mass Storage Device by Netzer
Hi... how R U?? I have a trouble installing my USB memory... I have a gateway laptop, with vista home basic, when i insert any usb memory, the system aks me for drivers, why?? i think Vista has universal drivers. my devices are Kingston, Transcend and Sandisk, and any of them are recognized.... Can U please help me, please?? thanks 4 all...
January 13th 09 06:31 PM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
2 184
Vista x64 can't load with Memory Remap on. by knector[_2_]
Hi, I am having some trouble to turn on Memory Remap, when I did it my PC booted up to a screen where I could choose to start normal or start a startup repair, my wire free keyboard could not change it so i put in another. When I started normal it began to load for a sec and then I got a flash of a BSoD, then it booted up to the same screen again, when I turned Memory Remap off again it would...
January 13th 09 01:01 AM
by knector[_2_] Go to last post
2 160
Vista 64-bit and monitor calibration by paulajane
I recently purchased a system with Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 2 GTX 280 video cards and have one monitor on each card. I did this because I wanted to profile both monitors which you cannot do with one Video card in a PC environment. I am able to profile the monitors using Spyder3Elite. I get two profiles, I can attach them to the separate monitors in the color management system and state use these...
January 10th 09 10:07 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
5 198
Vista crashing when installing drivers for Xerox Phaser 6110MFP by Sean Forehand
Every time I try to use the installation CD which came with a Xerox Phaser 6110MFP to install the drivers and utilities software on a Dell Inspiron 530 w/ 32-bit Vista OS, the OS crashes. I have to boot up in safe mode and restore back before the installation of the drivers. Same thing happens when I try to use the drivers downloaded from the Xerox website. I was able to get the printer...
January 12th 09 03:39 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 201
Dissapearing Optical Drive by Luc
I have 2 laptops (diff brands) both running Vista Home Premium All of the sudden the Optical Drive starts to dissapear (and sometimes returns) It is seen in the Bios But in Explorer (and device manager) it just vanishes.. Rebooting does not help.. It sometimes just reappears by itself in the same way it dissapears..
January 11th 09 07:35 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
3 201
Flash Drive has no drive letter... Not in Disk Management by mattperry
Hi guys, Im hoping someone will be able to help me here... I recently fresh installed my Vista Premium x86 on my homebuilt, and I had all my data backed up on my flash. When I plug it in, Vista dings like normal, but it is not in Windows Explorer and Disk Management. The Drive did have some Code 10 Device Cannot Start problems, but those are worked out when I disabled it and re-installed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 09 04:26 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
11 303
Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 not working by Angel[_3_]
I have Windows Vista home basic on a Dell laptop (I1520). I attempted to install and use a wireless mobile mouse 3000 -- initially, my computer claimed it could not successfully install the driver. I rebooted the computer and it said that my mouse's driver had been installed successfully, but that the signal between my mouse and the USB port was weak. Now the message offering to help me...
January 12th 09 03:26 AM
by Microsoft Mobile wireless mouse 3000 not Go to last post
2 198
Vista keeps changing the positions of my dual monitors by Rodger in SF
I've got a notebook with a second monitor also attached. My notebook Monitor (#1) is on the right and the Second (#2) on the left. So I go into display settings and change it from #1-#2 to #2-#1 and all is fine for awhile. But every five to ten reboots Vista changes the setting back to #1-#2, which is annoying. Frequently this occurs after a software update of some sort - no pattern on...
January 13th 09 05:12 PM
by Rodger in SF Go to last post
5 195
Hotkey not working right with Intellitype Pro 6.3 by Ken Isaacson
Vista Ultimate SP1 Intellitype Pro 6.3 Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard Not sure if this is the right forum for this issue. On an older computer (running XP), I had a previous version of Intellitype (with the same keyboard I presently have), and the "Mute" hotkey did what it was supposed to do: Mute or unmute sound.
January 13th 09 06:00 PM
by RalfG[_4_] Go to last post
2 194
Host Application Has Stopped Working - video for games won't launc by Zoiks
I've been trying to resolve a issue where I get an error that says "Catalyst Control Cent Host Application Has Stopped Working". I called the manufacturer of the video card (AMD Radeon HD 2600 card) They spent 1.5 hours double checking my video drivers doing a full clean and then reinstallation of the latest and greatest. I had tried this to no success. When I run games...the...
January 13th 09 02:39 AM
by Zoiks Go to last post
9 194
Bluescreen of Death with Fault bucket : X64_0xA_ctaud2k + xxxxx by utom.pl
Hi, I use Dell Laptop D830 with D/Dock Station + Windows Vista 64-bit PL. The docking station has single PCI Port. I use it to enhance sound capability of my configuration. There is Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic Card inserted in the slot. It seems that there is some issue with the sound card, as I obtani BoD everytime I try to use the audio device.
January 11th 09 12:19 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 154
Using an old master HDD with XP as a USB slave on new PC by FloatDownstream
My old computer's power supply died, and I just got a new Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with Vista Home. The new computer has all SATA connections, so when I wanted to transfer the data from my old all-PATA PC to the new one, I got one of those USB PATA to SATA converters. My old slave drive transferred its data just fine, but when I try connecting my old master drive, it doesn't work. When I remove...
January 11th 09 06:29 PM
by bmoag[_2_] Go to last post
2 197
SATA-II Drive AHCI Controller Vista Problem G965 by dbrook007
Hi, I have a problem trying to get a SATA-II drive working using AHCI under Vista. It's Vista 32-bit Ultimate. The problem, I think, relates to the AHCI Controller driver and the motherboard. The board is an Intel DG965RY (which is ICH8) I have tried a clean install using the "Load Driver" method but it
January 13th 09 05:56 PM
by RalfG[_4_] Go to last post

From The