  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Smart Card - DOD CAC not working in VISTA by Asim
Hi, I am testing an upgrade to Vista and have issues with smartcard. I did a clean install of Vista and installed the smart card drivers for xp without any problem but when I try to insert the smart card nothing happens. Device manager reports that the smart card driver is ok and the device is working properly. I also checked the services and they come up with no problems. I also try...
January 15th 09 02:09 AM
by cougerjd Go to last post
7 388
Safely Remove Hardware by t-4-2[_99_]
Hello, I went to check on my disk space and I saw an item I need someone to explain to me. In the past , my computer will show C: drive ( system ), D: drive ( local ), and DVD RW drive E: Now I see the 4th, Removable Disk F: I don't have an ext. HD, so where did that F: drive come from ? I also notice an icon I never saw before. It's called Safely Remove Hardware. I clicked on it, and it said...
January 16th 09 02:47 PM
by John Go to last post
7 156
RAM Upgrade by Bundy115
Hello, I have done several searches for this question with no luck so I apologize now if it is a repeat. I am running Windows Vista x64 SP1. When I installed the OS my computer had 4GB RAM installed. I have just upgraded to 8GB and enabled the "memory remap" feature in the system BIOS. When I view system settings indeed the system reports 8.00 GB memory. My
January 16th 09 03:39 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 178
Question About your Computer Security Job (the anxiety). by Anezina
Hello everyone, I imagine that the computer security field is a source of constant anxiety because if a hacker succeeds in accessing company files, you are held responsible and can loose your job. Is this true ? How do you deal with this ? Thanks,
January 15th 09 10:01 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
2 214
New Motherboard / CPU by Martin Racette
I need help, I use to be able to access alt.hardware from newsgroup, but my ISP has decided that newsgroups are useless and therefore pulled the plug on it, so does any one knows a server that I can use to access that newsgroup once again -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 09 10:57 PM
by Richard G. Harper [MVP] Go to last post
10 302
Blue screen in vista by IkoRn
Hi guys I got blue screens in vista. This happens when I plug in wire from my internet provider in network card and only then. It havent happend when there is no wire in network card or when another wire from my home network is plug in. The error that show is driver irql is not less or equal I think. I only managed to read that before computer restart. Please help me couse I am really ****ed...
January 17th 09 12:54 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 185
SUPBackGround.exe by Sian
Has I waited for my computer to show all my programs on the screen a message came up saying that SUPBackGround.exe is not responding and will be shut down. I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me what it is because I have done a search in my computer and I can note find this problem and I have looked in the help section and support program and I still don't know what it is.
January 16th 09 04:48 PM
by Rob Talley[_2_] Go to last post
1 199
BSOD Vista Ultimate 64-Bit by Avi
I get BSOD 9F whenever the computer goes into hibernation and iTunes had not been not shut down beforehand. The machine is new brand new Dell XPS Studio (EOM).
January 17th 09 07:09 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 163
Beta2 5384.4 - Asus A8N-VM CSM - No Audio (Only Digital Output Device SPDIF available) by Luke13f
I have the same problem :sa: Had the same problem with Vista x64 as well. That is why I stay with XP. -- Luke13f
January 16th 09 06:09 PM
by Luke13f Go to last post
0 170
Test by Stewart Berman
Test
January 14th 09 09:37 PM
by Stewart Berman Go to last post
0 256
Segate 1.5TB Not Recognized by Bonanza
I just purchased a Segate 1.5TB sata drive (ST31500341AS) from Newegg for a great price of $129.00 w/free shipping. The problem is that Vista64 Home Premium does not show the drive in the Disk Management utility. I have several 1TB drives from Seagate (ST31000340AS) which work fine. I’ve connected the new drive to a Sata cable which worked OK with a 300G drive so the port is enabled in the BIOS....
January 15th 09 06:48 PM
by Bonanza[_2_] Go to last post
3 262
READ THIS IF YOU CANNOT GET DRIVE TO READ DISK TO FIX VISTA ERROR! by reap70
If you cannot get your drive to recognize your disk, i.e., you insert a disk and in my computer, you click on drive and it says to insert disk even though there is a disk in there (blank or written), THIS SHOULD WORK!!! GIVE IT A TRY!!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461/en-us Basically it says the following if you cannot get link to work.
January 14th 09 09:12 AM
by bmn[_4_] Go to last post
2 162
MISSING SATA HARD DRIVE by Vista_is_the_new_ME
I have a new pc w/ vista, 2 sata hard drives. Everything was fine, then a week later the slave drive disappeared. The BIOS recognizes the drive, but Vista doesn't. I've seen enough threads on here w/ no resolution. System restore is not an answer. Microsoft - Fix the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 15th 09 06:52 PM
by DL Go to last post
28 664
Problems with WD My Book Home Edition by TBenjamin
Please help me. I bought a brand new WD My Book Home Edition 500GB external hard drive yesterday. Vista will not recongize it as a drive on the computer. The computer sees that it is connected (in device manager and the "ding-dong" you hear when you add a new device). I hooked it up with the Firewire and the USB, with the same result. The drive is supposedly Vista compatible. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 04:50 AM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
10 653
Missing Hard Drive with Windows Vista Ultimate by husky86
I'm running a desktop system with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have encountered a problem that I know is being experienced by other Vista users; I'm hoping there is a workaround. I have an internal 1 TB Hitachi hard drive (not the C drive). This desktop system is only about six months old, and ever since I first acquired it I found that this internal hard drive would go missing after putting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 09 07:21 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
18 317
HP C7180 printer problem with Vista by RJH
Hello - I purchased a HP C7180 AIO printer with my new Vista laptop about 1 year ago. It is connected wirelessly. Initially (for a couple of weeks) the AIO did not work in scan to printer mode, giving a "cannot find printer" message on the AIO console . I then reset the AIO and until October 2008 it "talked" to Vista. Output functions are fine, fax / photocopy work locally. In Nov-Dec there were...
January 15th 09 08:58 AM
by alex1970 Go to last post
3 242
Creative Modem Blaster PCI Value DI5652-1 by Stewart Berman
I had a machine running Windows XP Pro SP3 that I wanted to run Vista Ultimate on. Before I did that I ran the Vista Upgrade Advisor. It said: Hard disk free space "C:" Before installing Windows Vista, increase your hard disk space Your hard disk currently has 417.72 MB of free space. You need 15 GB of free hard disk space to install Windows Vista on this drive. Do one of the following:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 12:12 AM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
11 463
Slow Wireless by Rhys
Hi - Just got a new PC with Vista and am having trouble with wireless. Although connection to the net is fine via the ethernet, once I disconnect the lead, it's incredibly slow ( dial up speed) on wireless ( netgear wg111v2). Worked fine on old PC with XP. On the connections, I see that I'm connected to wireless (which is good) but the moment I access AOL, a connection under dial up / VPN...
January 15th 09 02:04 PM
by RalfG[_4_] Go to last post
3 217
MS Entertainment 8000 Kbd & Mouse junk. by Lorin[_2_]
My Kbd and Mouse are junk. The kbd battery runs down in minutes sometimes even after overnight charge. Sometimes it stays active for hours. Junk! The Mouse sits on the charger and sometimes has a red flashing light and sometimes a blue light that pulses. What's up with that. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is that with Windows Vista Ultimate the Keyboard and
January 16th 09 05:28 AM
by GaryM[_2_] Go to last post
1 167
Ping by [email protected]
Ok, here is the problem. I have an internet work.....everything has always worked fine. I have 10 devices hooked up to a switch. That switch is hooked to an internal router (linksys) and that is connected to my calbe modem. My router went bad and I had to replace it. Anyhow, everything is nearly working perfect. I can ping every machine from every machine. Now I noticed that I cannot send...
January 16th 09 11:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The