Gartner: Vista Still Not 'Done' - Yahoo! News by Theo
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20070106/tc_cmp/196801677
January 9th 07 06:14 PM
by Brian Go to last post
9 266
Is there a full list of all hardware that would be ignored by all64-bit driver makers? by Man-wai Chang
I really meant ALL... -- .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19.1 ^ ^ 20:33:01 up 28 days 2:45 0 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk
January 9th 07 04:42 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 280
vista and dual video cards tri monitor by ryuujin
i use a agp ati 9600 and a ati 9250 pci card in my pc. unfortunatly they don't work together in windows vista. either one is disabled or enabled depending on the setting for primary video in bios. i use 3 monitors for my work but i need to learn this os to train others.. any ideas on when these problems will be fixed?
January 9th 07 04:33 PM
by Time Go to last post
5 447
Switching Between Computers... by Nicholas Diamantides
Hi, I wanted to ask someone if they knew of a computer hardware product that would let you switch between Two desktops while running on the same monitor. Someone I used to know had one but I forgot the name of the product. If someone knows can you please post it. Thanks!!
January 9th 07 04:10 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
5 330
NTavirvr01 by
I see the NTavivrv01 as an "other" device in Device Manager, as many have reported. My video card is an ATI Radeon x1950. With the latest drivers from ATI the "other" device shows. If I uninstall the ATI drivers and use the in-box drivers for Vista Ultimate x64, there are no "other" devices. However, the in-box drivers identify the card as x1900 Series. It appears that we will have to wait...
January 9th 07 03:40 PM
by Theo Go to last post
6 395
Nvidia graphics driver bug by formerprof
The nVidia graphics driver (96.86) distributed with Vista 32 RTM works properly on my system. The driver released yesterday (97.46) as well as the "RC2" driver (96.85) which was on nVidia's web site until yesterday both fail when I resume from monitor "power-down." The power to the monitor is restored, but the screen shows nothing but a light blue color with thin white diagonal lines. It's...
January 9th 07 01:04 PM
by formerprof Go to last post
5 360
ORANGE WIRELESS & TALK PROBLEM by Trev
I have pretty much found solutions for everything after installing RC1 with the exception of my wireless network. I have a wireless & talk (Orange/Wanadoo) livebox, and before the installation of RC1 this worked fine. I have a wireless card in the main PC, which is no longer functioning. The wireless network is found by Vista, but despite typing in the WEP key when prompted the card does not...
January 9th 07 11:22 AM
by Ko Go to last post
3 161
Canon CAPT. and Vista by remind
Hi, I tried to sinall drivers for a Canon LBP-1120 Laser Jet printer, but driver issue happened with this error message coming up "Canon CAPT. This program was created by Canon." Canon Australia has no Vista Drivers yet and this model printer is not on the USA site If I try to unisnalldrivers, my printer spool stops and even if I try a windows restore, windows won't restore. Any suggestions?
January 9th 07 04:55 AM
by remind Go to last post
0 181
Kingston DataTraveler USB Key by Technot
HI I'm getting an error using a Kingston DataTraveler usb key using a Dell 9150 820D processor 1 gig ram complete with floppy , a combo dvd drive and a memory reader 9in1. I'm running vista RTM 32bit .The usb key needs 2 drive letter, 1 for software and 1 for data. When i first connected the key i got the message saying that the drive letter L:/ was assign but it couldn't assign the next...
January 8th 07 05:23 PM
by Theo Go to last post
4 234
New nVidia RTM only drivers (5 January 2007) by DCR
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_97.46.html http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_97.46.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 07 12:46 PM
by dev Go to last post
18 414
Intellipoint alternatives by Ray Costanzo [MVP]
I recently installed Vista Ultimate, 64 bit. For the past 4 or 5 years, I've been using a Microsoft Intellipoint Optical mouse and using Intellipoint software up until version 4.1. When version 5 of Intellipoint came out, there were things missing that I still wanted (Recall Window as a button click option and Select All as a button click option). So, I just kept using the older 4.1...
January 8th 07 06:59 AM
by Ray Costanzo Go to last post
1 179
WU: Tuner Drivers will not install by Eric C. Vogel
and help says nothing. Error Code 80070103 Hauppauge - Sound - Haupauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) C: 3 gigs free D: 20 gigs free I just noticed this update came out on 1/3/07 and installed. It keeps wanting to re-installing Wait I found it. Figured I would post this anyways incase someone else has this issue. I found the first tuner updated driver date was 10/2?/06 and the
January 7th 07 11:01 PM
by Eric C. Vogel Go to last post
0 166
Hyper-threading hangs OS loading by Jussi Palo
Hi, having experienced this problem already on Beta 1 version I now finally sat down and begun tweaking my BIOS settings on my RTM Vista Ultimate. It turned out that whenever I have Hyper-threading enabled in BIOS Vista hangs on boot, on the screen where you see the progress bar (and the nice invisible Vista logo). The progress bar just freezes. I can boot the system in Safe Mode just fine...
January 7th 07 10:25 PM
by Jussi Palo Go to last post
7 270
UMAX 3400 on Vista, anyone get it to work? by Dave Hampson
Hello, I tried installing VistaScan 3.75 but it doesn't see the scanner. I still have the upgrade for XP to install, but in the meantime, has anyone been successful with this scanner in Vista, and if so, how? It doesn't look like UMAX even knows Vista exists yet, so I'm guessing they aren't doing anything for Vista anytime soon. Thanks,
January 7th 07 08:53 PM
by NBK Go to last post
2 196
Vista 64bit (RTM) + nVidia + Doom3/Quake4 by Carlo Razzeto
Currently I"m trying the above configuariont for my gaming pleasure, and have found that every time I execute a save command Doom/Quake will black out the screen. When this happens I have to escape back to the game menu, and do an alt+tab which reinitalizes graphics then I can usually click back into the game an play. On occation the screen will zoom in to what looks to be an 800x600...
January 7th 07 08:33 PM
by Carlo Razzeto Go to last post
0 166
Dual Booting and Creating System Restore Points by I.P. Nichols
For certain reasons I have chosen to dual boot XP and Vista and not to hide the Vista drive so as to prevent XP from removing Vista's system restore points. Until recently I would manually create a restore point each time I returned from XP to Vista. Lately I have been using a script that creates a daily restore point on starting Vista as discussed in this article. While the article was...
January 7th 07 03:28 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
3 195
Palm Hotsync unsuccessful by Databasepro
I am having problems getting my Palm Tungsten E2 to work with Vista RTM ultimate. I have downloaded the latest hotsync software from the Palm website. I have installed the software. I have changed compatibility mode to XP-SP2. I have told it to run as administrator.
January 7th 07 10:38 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 254
External USB Drives not being detected by Vista Ultimate Full Release Ver. by Joe Gonzalez
Help! I have 2 External USB hard drives. 1 80GB Hammer Storage Drive and a brand new WD My Book 250GB USB Drive. Both drives are found with no problem on Vista Business on my laptop but for some reason Vista Ultimate on my Desktop does not recognize the devices. I tried manually selecting the disk drivers that the business version is using but no look. Just comes up with either unknown...
January 6th 07 11:24 PM
by Joe Gonzalez Go to last post
0 164
Where are GlobeSpan Virata ADSL USB drivers for Vista? by BillD
Where are GlobeSpan Virata ADSL USB drivers for Vista?
January 6th 07 09:12 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 189
Vista and CD/DVD burning by RJ
I am having the same problem burnin dvd and cd as described above. Will not send to or place in folder to burn. I have teac dvd +rw w58e ata. vista says driver up to date. Any answers. Thanks
January 6th 07 04:20 PM
by RJ Go to last post

From The