Web camera Problem on Vista by sstory792
my intel usb webcam on windows vista home premium does not appear in the my computer folder. it did on my old xp computer. does anybody know how to fix this?
April 5th 07 04:29 AM
by Guess Who Go to last post
2 169
Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 by ssuarez
I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties and click on Buttons the following message appears: "Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 09 08:31 PM
by sahome Go to last post
11 258
bugcode_usb_error by SSV[_2_]
I occasionally will receive the blue screen of death due to a bugcode_usb error. However, every single time this has occurred I have no usb ports in use. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I'm running Vista Home Service Pack 2. Thanks! --
January 5th 10 06:50 AM
by SSV[_2_] Go to last post
0 171
bugcode_usb_error by SSV[_2_]
I occasionally will receive the blue screen of death due to a bugcode_usb error. However, every single time this has occurred I have no usb ports in use. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I'm running Vista Home Service Pack 2. Thanks! --
January 5th 10 10:06 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 305
BIOS BEEPS by st1rogue
Hi, Hope someone can help. My computer locked up so I had to do a hard shutdown, on reboot all I get is a Long Beep(about 1.5 sec.) then about 10 sec. it beeps again and repeats. Help -- st1rogue
October 1st 07 01:22 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 160
touchpad works intermittently by Stacey
Hi, I just got my laptop about a week and a half ago and I love the scrolling function using the side of the touchpad, but I find it works intermittently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I find whenever I go to the help function in windows vista and start searching for a a help topic about it, it starts to work again - usually it stops working while I'm on the internet...
April 23rd 08 02:27 PM
by Stacey Go to last post
0 89
Installing Printer on Vista Home "USB Device Not recognized" by StaceyJA
I have been trying to install a Canon Pixma 160 Multifunction Scanner/Printer on my Gateway Computer with Vista Home operating system.After many hours on the phone with Canon, trying two different printers and a new USB cable, Canon determined that there is a problem with Vista (possibly a security issue), and each time that the drivers are downloaded and shows up on the computer as being...
June 14th 09 06:45 AM
by ReneeKate Go to last post
7 593
Problems with Ext HDD's by staceysimpson
Hi, My ext HDD's open up fine and I can open any and every file in them. My problem is that I can't move any files on the ext hdd's!!! It just hangs!! Can anybody give advise, pls??? :confused: Thanks, S --
October 5th 08 05:20 PM
by staceysimpson Go to last post
0 201
X64_0xD1_Rtlh64+12f61,type0 by staci
bluescreen error message, any help/
April 25th 09 03:45 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 309
'keyboard error or no keyboard present' boot up error by staffspeted
Two years ago I built my PC and all has run perfectly since until yesterday. I turned it on only to be greeted on boot up by the error message '*keyboard* *error* or *no* *keyboard* *present'* This is before it has even fired up the Operating system so I guess its hardware based.
June 29th 09 10:24 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
Wireless Optical Mouse by Stagletto
Seems as though MS havent made any drivers for this lovely little bit of kit. Works fine on XP (and there are still XP drivers, Intellipoint 5.5 being the latest, which of course refuse to install in Vista) but cant map the middle mouse button to double click without the software. Unhelpfully Vista's problem solver (great idea, i like it) directs me to download Intellipoint 6.1 which......
March 17th 07 02:51 PM
by Stagletto Go to last post
1 109
Wireless Optical Mouse (Blue) by Stagletto
Seems as though MS havent made any drivers for this lovely little bit of kit. Works fine on XP (and there are still XP drivers, Intellipoint 5.5 being the latest, which of course refuse to install in Vista) but cant map the middle mouse button to double click without the software. Unhelpfully Vista's problem solver (great idea, i like it) directs me to download Intellipoint 6.1 which......
March 7th 07 08:55 PM
by Stagletto Go to last post
0 152
Audio problem with Soundmax AD1985 by Stan
I've also problem with the chipset AD1895. When using SPDIF output I get only 2 channels played. I tried everything and can't get all 6 chanells out. When checking Media Player MCE and Cyberlink, none of them has SPDIF option to select, which means that the drivers that are installed by Vista don't have that support and I can't find where it needs to be changed. Does anybody else know how to fix...
March 14th 07 02:38 AM
by Curtis Go to last post
1 198
Vista Media Centre Remote won't work! by Stan Kay
I have upgraded from Win XP MCE to Vista Ultimate and now my Windows Media Centre Remote will not work. I have examined Vista's Device Manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is an entry "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" entry. I have performed the following tests:- 1. Pressing my remote control causes the IR unit to flash indicating that the handset is transmitting and the...
March 13th 09 11:58 AM
by Stan Kay Go to last post
0 174
Can an expert please tell me why my PC has two Gigabit LAN controllers? by Stan Kay
My computer motherboard is an ASUS P5B premium which contains dual gigabit LAN controllers. I am using one for my home network and everything works fine. In these circumstances I do understand why a second gigabit LAN controller is provided. Am I missing a trick here somewhere because I cannot see what purpose this second controller might serve. Can someone please tell me?
August 9th 08 09:29 PM
by Brink Go to last post
6 326
Why is Vista showing only 3 Gb memory when 4 Gb is installed? by Stan Kay
I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard and four 1 Gb sticks of CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 memory and am runing version 6000 of Windows vista Ultimate. The bios reports that I have 4 Gb of memory but after the O/S has booted it reports only 3 Gb of memory. Moreover, when I run msinfo32 it reports that I have:- Total Physical Memory: 4,096.00 Mb Available Physical Memory: ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 01:16 AM
by studio Go to last post
12 259
Good hard disk utilities? by Stan Kay
Can anyone please tell me if there are any good hard disk utilities available that perform more comprehensive testing/correction than those performed by Windows own check disk utility?
April 15th 08 01:10 PM
by Stan Kay Go to last post
5 247
ATK0110 ACPI Utility - Vista finds & downloads update but then tells me it's the wrong one! by Stan Kay
Whenever I run Windows Vista Update I am told there is an important update for the ATK0110 ACPI Utility and recommends that it be installed. When I accept the invitation the following occurs:- 1. The update downloads. 2. I am told that a Restore Point is being created. 3. The update then begins to install 4. I am then told that the update is not intended for my platform and I should...
October 13th 09 04:48 AM
by dan Go to last post
3 152
Shouldn’t there be two newsgroups? “Vista 32-bit Hardware” and another “Vista 64-bit Hardware” . . . by Stan Shankman
Shouldn’t there be two groups? “Vista 32-bit Hardware” and “Vista 64-bit Hardware” . . . Greetings all, Shouldn’t there be two groups? I mean after all, the two operating system’s hardware-driver-requirements are not compatible. It seems a natural to me. Why should 32-bit system users be forced to dredge through 64-bit postings? And vice-versa.
May 12th 08 02:44 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 183
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 not recongized as tuners but Vista says wo by Stan Spotts [Computer Aid, Inc]
I've upgraded from WinXP MCE 2005 to Vista Ultimate (RTM), and got everything to work except the tuners. Device manager says they're working, and when I installed WinTV2000 I could watch TV, so they're definitely working. Media Center, howver, doesn't recognize that there are tuner cards and won't let me proceed with configuring the TV signal. I've been searching message boards since...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 29th 07 12:49 AM
by Stan Spotts [Computer Aid, Inc] Go to last post

From The