benq dxd dw1670 code 32 by rabgers
I have the benq dw1670 masquerading as a liteon drive, anyway running rc1 x64 since monday and suddenly today the drive is marked in device manager with a code 32 error. device drivers were installed properly but something is stopping them starting, any ideas would be a great help cos I think I'm starting to lose my mind, lol
January 3rd 07 08:59 PM
by rabgers Go to last post
0 211
Developer question: Listing installed devices on Windows Vista by Jon E. Scott
Don't see a Vista Development newgroup nor can I find anything on this in MSDN... We have a custom application that lists all devices installed on the system by enumerating the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum registry key. Basically we look for the "Control" key then grab the "DeviceDesc", "Mfg", etc. values from the key above it. This has worked fine in all NT-based machines to date. ...
January 3rd 07 08:41 PM
by Jon E. Scott Go to last post
0 252
Audigy 2 ZS - 5.1 Surround - RC2? by Andrew
Dear Group, I seem to have lost the 5.1 ability of my sound card with Vista RC2 (5744). I downloaded the drivers from creative and the rear speakers dont work that well anymore. The volume is real low, if on at all, on the rear speakers. Anyone else experience this? I went through the speaker config and tests and whatnot, then through the creative configs and all appears to be set right; its...
January 3rd 07 05:40 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
4 236
Ati readon 92000 = no vista drivers :( by Kryptonite
theres no drivers for my video card what should i do beside buying a newer VC ?
January 3rd 07 04:21 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
3 182
SATA DVD-RW Problems with Vista RTM x64 by Gerry
I've tried 2 different SATA DVD-RW drives now and Vista does not recognize them as writeable devices - but read only devices: 1) Plextor PX-755SA (Firmware version 1.06) 2) Samsung SH-S183L (Firmware version SB00) DVD-RW device connected to a JMicron JMB363 controller (on an ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi/AP motherboard - 0804 Bios - configured as AHCI - JMicron 1.17.3.2 Vista driver).
January 3rd 07 05:03 AM
by William F. Kinsley Go to last post
6 191
Gratuitous ARP on Vista? by Polaris
Hi Experts: I have noticed some differences on Windows Vista regarding to the gratuitous ARP: I have a virtual adapter, under Windows XP, when IP Helper function "IpRenewAddress" is called for the virtual adapter, gratuitous ARP packet is generated by the system; but under Windows Vista, this seems is not happening. Does this make sense? Can this be explained? Thanks in Advance! Polaris
January 3rd 07 04:08 AM
by Paul Johnson Go to last post
2 254
sound device problems with Voipdiscount under Vista by
Hi, I'm using Voipdiscount to make international phone call. It works well under Winxp; however, when I try to call others under Vista, it always says "Sound device problems are preventing this call", While Skype works well under Vista. I have updated to the latest sound card(Creative X-fi Music) driver and Voipdiscount software. I also can record my voice by using recorder. I don't know...
January 3rd 07 03:27 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 361
Readyboost Crashes System at Reboot by bobneedshelp
I installed a PNY Attache 2GB device and configured it for Readyboost. When I restarted my system, it crashes my system at startup. I can't see the log for the issue. If I remove the memory stick and reboot, things look OK. Thoughts? -- Bob
January 3rd 07 12:42 AM
by bobneedshelp Go to last post
3 281
sleep issues by hagar
hi, When Vista goes to sleep on my PC, the power supply fan is not turned off. With XP this was the case and the PC was completely silent. Any ideas of settings or registry edits? thanks
January 2nd 07 11:19 PM
by Said Szajd Dániel Go to last post
4 176
NEC dvd +/- rw ND-3650a by geelbee
I'm having problems playing sound CD's and movie (video) DVD's on my player. It plays for 10-15 sec and then becomes unresponsive. DVD player comes with DELL Demension 9200. Have installed Vista Ultimate build 6000. Some say it is the build in codecs from Vista. Other forum says its the hardware which is causing the problem. Does someone recognises the same problem? -- Your mind is like a...
January 2nd 07 08:15 PM
by geelbee Go to last post
0 169
Registering a program to be triggered by an event? by Nigel Molesworth
My Canon scanner comes with a very clunky "toolbox" that runs various applications when buttons are pressed. I'd much rather add my own applications to the Events listed in Control Panel | Scanners and Cameras. Anyone know how to add programs to the list? -- Nigel M
January 2nd 07 06:06 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
0 183
Serious Errors with Graphics Card by Valengos
I am running on Windows Vista Enterprise Build 6000. I'm having problems working my Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256mb although it was meant to be supported. I've used all possible drivers , official or unofficial but still there is no solution. I try to apply Aero , the screen goes black , No Input Signal is shown , cursor appears , freezes and then a blue screen for 1 second before Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 07 10:50 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
10 284
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
January 2nd 07 10:24 AM
by Keith Go to last post
3 136
Toshiba Tecra M5 Drivers by Clayton
I have finally got all my Vista drivers installed on my Tecra M5, but when I goto insert a MMC into the side of the computer it comes up asking for a driver for the MMC Memory Card under the Disk drives category in device manager. When would I get this driver from?
January 2nd 07 10:19 AM
by Keith Go to last post
2 158
AMD Turion X2 64 by Todd Hudson
Is this a 64 bit processor? If so, can I run Vista 64 bit? If so, can I load 32 bit software without issues? Thanks
January 2nd 07 04:38 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
4 179
NVIDIA ULI M1575 RAID Controller on a ASUS P5RD2-VM motherboard by Michael
I have a ASUS P5RD2-VM motherboard and it uses the ULI M1575 Southbridge RAID controller (An onboard controller). There is not option to turn it on and off in the BIOS (I assume because it is a SATA RAID solution that it is just always on and can find nothing to the contrary). But, when I go to the ASUS web site and try to acquire the RAID controller drivers, they are listed in Windows 2003,...
January 2nd 07 12:39 AM
by Michael Go to last post
2 145
TC 4200 Hinge Support for Vista by Gp De Ciantis
I have Vista running on a HP TC4200 tablet pc. The one driver I would really like to get is the one that automatically switches the orientation of the screen when you swivel the monitor to slate mode and back. Does anyone know how to make it work or know where I can get a driver (RTM, beta, I don't care) that I can use?
January 2nd 07 12:01 AM
by Jonty Go to last post
4 130
Video card driver permanently lost after automatic update! :( by Jon Davis
On an Acer Aspire 5050 which has a Radeon Xpress 200M I upgraded a healthy configuration of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to Windows Vista Ultimate. Everything has been working fine for the last month, with beautiful 3D video, Aero support, Media Center support, game play support, etc., until now. After ATI's Vista update "failed to find any installable components," I made the idiotic...
January 1st 07 10:01 PM
by ADAM Go to last post
7 189
ATI has released an updated display driver, version 8.31.100.3.2.1 by km
Notes: * The Catalyst Beta Vista RTM driver will work under Windows Vista RC2. * ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern * These drivers are not supported by ATI Customer Care or any other ATI department. All feedback should be reported via the Catalyst Crew Feedback program Product series...
January 1st 07 04:50 PM
by wolf421 Go to last post
8 171
Vista Update recommending bad drivers? ATI X800GT Vista RC1 by ADAM
I've been using RC1 since it was released, haven't upgraded it to RC2 or RTM. I have the ATI X800GT, and haven't had any issues with display, until now. A couple weeks ago, Windows Update told me there were new drivers for my ATI card, and suggested I install them, which I did. From the looks of it, it tried to install two things for it, the second of which failed. Now I'm having display...
January 1st 07 01:51 PM
by ADAM Go to last post

From The