Restoring flexible drive letter assignment by BenjaminJames
Had trouble with USB devices getting letters conflicting with network shares. Assigned drive letters using Computer Management/ Drive Management. How now can I restore flexible assignment so they are not permanently mapped to a particular letter? Thanks! ps. "removing" the drive letter just took it off totally; then to get one back, it asked for another fixed assignment. Refresh/rescan...
November 1st 07 05:23 PM
by BenjaminJames Go to last post
0 111
Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work by benn1680
i installed an update called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and now it says my speakers are not connected. I have tried to do a system restore twice to no avail. I have also went to the gateway company support and they were no help either.
May 3rd 08 06:43 PM
by jwhighdown Go to last post
3 231
How do I change the screen resolution on my computer? by benn1680
I have a monitor that needs a screen resolution of 1440 x 900. but, when I go to set my resolution, I don't see that as an option.
June 20th 08 04:35 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 218
i keep getting a resolution reminder by benn1680
when i try to play some games on my computer, its an emachines so dont laugh too much, i get a message that pops on the screen that says my computers screen resoultion might not match my monitors optimal settings (1440 X 900) and i check them and it is set where it should be. i went to the conmputers support site and they didn't solve it. is this a hardware issue or is it a vista issue? any...
March 13th 07 01:50 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
5 154
DVD or CD Burner Software by Bennett Quillen
May I use the Microsoft software that comes with my Vista system to burn CDs instead of something like Sonic Record? If so, which software do I use? -- Bennett Quillen
July 20th 08 02:19 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 145
BSOD in display driver after motherboard replacement... by benoitm
My laptop just returned from repair & the motherboard has been replaced; when trying to boot Vista SP1 from the hard disk (that I kept home while the PC was being serviced), I keep getting a BSOD (module igdkmd32.sys, i.e. the intel GPU). The system starts fine, and crashes a few seconds after I click my account icon & enter my password. I can boot in safe mode: I already tried removing the...
July 20th 09 05:11 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 199
Physical memory by benson.gs
I just recently added a 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 PC8500 memory to my laptop which now has a total physical memory of 4GB. Checked if the Vista recognized the added RAM and the System info shows 4GB. Likewise, the Memory diagnostic tool reported "No errors found" in the 2 x 2GB memory modules. However, the task manager reports total physical memory is only 2516 MB and cache is reported at 1173 MB. Can...
September 29th 09 05:34 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
3 210
Physical memory by benson.gs
Recently upgraded RAM from 2GB to 4GB. Vista memory diagnostic tool reports no errors found. System recognized memory at 4GB but task manager indicates total physical memory at just over 2500MB. Does this mean that Vista only addresses a little over 2500MB of memory only? Is the 1500MB excess wasted? -- benson.gs
September 23rd 09 03:01 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 176
can't connect windows mobile 5 device by Benti77
Hello, i've problems to connect my windows mobile 5 based device to my notebook with vista. The PDA il an I-mate PDA-N. I've tried the mobile center for vista but i doesn't work. I've disabled all firewall. Thx for help
December 29th 07 12:21 PM
by Benti77 Go to last post
0 159
Creative Console gone on Vista by benwc87
At least a month ago, my Creative Console mysteriously vanished and I was left with a Creative Console Launcher shortcut that tells me the file 'ConsoLCu.exe' has been changed or moved. I also get an error icon on startup labeled 'sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file' which tells me that there is a missing Creative program file. When I try to reinstall, I am told there are various program files...
July 14th 08 07:46 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 109
Notebook carry case by Benzmum
I recently bought a notebook with vista. Can anyone tell me how much i need to spend in order to get a carry case that will protect it from bumps, etc? One source told me I needed a briefcase with special foam padding that costs about $100. Ouch! Buying the notebook put a huge dent in my bank account. Do I have to go that high? Of course, the notebook cost $800 so I need to make sure it...
October 22nd 07 12:51 AM
by Benzmum Go to last post
2 135
Can Google's Chrome OS attack Windows domination of the desktop? by Ben[_12_]
The folks at Google seems to think that the desktop is ripe for the taking and plan to release Chrome OS. I wrote a piece on Chrome OS, with an accompanying video, at: http://windows7reports.com/2010/11/16/google-chrome-os-arises-to-challenge-windows-7/ Realistically, what do you think Chrome's chances are vs. MS Windows 7 or Vista? Is the idea of a browser-based OS appealing to you? Can all...
November 17th 10 02:39 PM
by Ben[_12_] Go to last post
0 509
Dynamic disk status invalid. by Berben Peter
Have a problem... Before installing Vista, I tought of making a backup on a second internal hard disk which a bought and installed on the original XP professional machine, I found myself to be very smart doing this. Unfortunatly now that Vista is installed on this machine the disk is not accessible. disk manager says "dynamic disk status invalid"? What can/should I do to gain control over...
February 27th 10 07:20 AM
by deview Go to last post
9 452
Network printers by Bernard Liengme
I cannot get Vista to use printers on either of two Windows XP computer that are part of my home network. The Vista machine sees the printers but gives an Access denied message. The two XP machines have no problem using each others printer - so sharing is working. Any ideas? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme
July 2nd 08 04:48 AM
by Sachsite Go to last post
6 200
Windows ReadyBoost by Bert
Is there a certain size or speed that my flash drive needs to be to take advantage of ReadyBoost?
April 10th 08 01:30 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 182
Missing license key, USB flash drive Cruzer data stick 256 MB by Bert
When trying to access the data on my Sandisk USB Cruzer flash drive (256 MB) I keep getting the same message: Missing License Unable to locate key on currently available media. In order to access all the features available for this archive, please insert the Cruzer media that contains your license key and press retry. To continue without the key,press continue? What is the cause of this? I...
January 13th 08 02:51 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 128
Club3d TV Tuner doen't work in vista ultimate by Bert Bouwknegt
Ultimate Does anyone know why a club3d zaptv 1000 mce edition tv-tuner isn't recognized in media center as a tv-tuner? In device manager all the drivers are installed as conexant (chip is conexant) without exclamations. I use Windows Vista RTM?
January 23rd 07 08:59 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 213
Problem with 5.1 surround sound by Bertolus P.-Y.
Hello, I have a TerraTec Aureon 5.1 Fun sound card. Divers are v5.12.1.639, signed by Microsoft (and installed during Vista rc2 installation). I have configured the speakers in 5.1 surround with the Speaker Setup pannel. Then I launched the test and all speaker work well. When i clic on a speaker picture, the sound comes from the good speaker. But my problem is that even the good...
April 17th 07 01:02 AM
by elkillerx Go to last post
1 190
USB Pendrive problems by Berto[_2_]
Hi everyone, when I try to connect my usb pendrive (or any usb pendrive) windows vista, after a form, tries to download driver from internet. Windows update doesn't find a correct driver and the "problems solutions" tells that usb mass storage device of Phison Electronics is not compatible with windows vista. I don't install this driver, and I try do uninstall this one with "Driver Manager"...
March 1st 10 10:57 AM
by ma_la883 Go to last post
3 402
HD upgrade by Bertrand Collet
Dear all, Sorry to post again on this subject but I did not manage to upgrade my system (new HD). I'd like to replace my (slow) SATAI HD by a new (larger & faster) SATAII HD. I am running Vista 64bit ultimate and I would like to avoid having to re-install OS, software if possible. I tried to clone the old SATAI onto the new SATAII HD using Acronis True Image 10.0 with no success (no boot...
March 23rd 07 11:13 PM
by pete Go to last post

From The