Any reason to not buy new motherboard now? by PNutts
Hi all! I want to upgrade my system and is there any reason to not go ahead and do it now, other than after Vista is released there may not be a lag in the mb drivers release? For example, I assume, say, in March 2007 the motherboards will have Vista drivers included. I'm curious if there is any fundamental difference in the architecture of a motherboard designed "for vista" instead of...
December 29th 06 07:34 PM
by LaRoux Go to last post
5 196
FX1500M WDDM has a dull "tone" by Al van der Laan
Just installed build .6000 and setup the WDDM driver from MS to power my screen on a HP NW9440 laptop. Can go to 1900x1200 now but the tone of the screen is just plane dull (any other resolution is also same "dullness"). I have tried to look for settings and also turned off the ambiance detection but nothing seems to work on the laptop screen. Any requests to HP for drivers have resulted in...
December 29th 06 06:30 PM
by Al van der Laan Go to last post
0 187
Vista Drivers for Asus P4R800-VM Motherboard by Remush
Hi yall :) Merry christmas and a happy new year. Anyone know where I can get drivers for my Asus P4R800-VM Motherboard for windows vista ? Or where I should look for solutions to this problem. PS asus has not released any drivers yet. --
December 29th 06 05:44 PM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
2 386
Sansa e200 mp3 Player and MTP Mode by Rusty
Is there any way to get Windows Vista RC2 to recognize my Sansa e200 mp3 player in MTP Mode when I plug it into the USB port? Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. (Code 10)." Thanks for any help or suggestions!
December 29th 06 03:29 PM
by Thatcherroad Go to last post
3 159
Windows Vista Final Release and Microsoft Intelimouse Optical by MarkS
Hey All, Is anyone have this problem. It seems that with Vista and MS inteli-mouse optical when you click on anything alot of the times it does a false double click. Using the mouse on a XP machine works fine. Any Ideas Thanks Mark
December 29th 06 03:14 PM
by Ronald Bauer Go to last post
9 192
TouchScreen by Johan Lieshout
I have a origenAE x15 case with a Touch Screen. If i install Windows XP Media Center 2005 and update it with Windows Update my touch screen is working without installing any drivers. When i install Vista My touch screen isn't working any more. And i thought Vista always support touchscreens. OrigenAE do not have seperate vista drivers yet. Is here a update or solution for -- Kind Regards
December 29th 06 12:37 PM
by Johan Lieshout Go to last post
0 164
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard by t
I'm running Vista Enterprise RTM upgraded from XP Pro. I have a MS Natural 4000 Keyboard (USB) and a MS 8000 Bluetooth Mouse intalled... I have downloaded and installed the Intellipoint and Intellitype "software/drivers" 6.1 for Vista from the update site. Feature wise, the mouse and keyboard are working properly... but here's where it gets interesting... I have multiple instances of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 06 12:09 PM
by Tim Bostonia Go to last post
11 367
Cannot play audio CD's by Rob Poels
With Vista, I can no longer play audio CD's; not with Mediaplayer, nor with MediaCenter. When I try playing the CD, only about 1 second of the track is played, and then it skips to the next track. This repeats for about 4 or 5 times and then an error message is displayed as the disc may be dirty (which is bull****). Under XP, the same disc is played correctly in the same drive. Suggestions...
December 29th 06 11:15 AM
by Rob Poels Go to last post
0 177
PCMCIA Bluetooth by Aaron Kelley
Does anyone happen to know of a PCMCIA bluetooth adapter that is supported natively in Vista (32-bit)? Thanks. - Aaron
December 28th 06 10:15 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 168
Samsung Q1 Touchscreen Drivers ? by Reflex
I'm experiencing some very strange problems with the Q1 touchscreen, I'm having to use the XP drivers and when the unit starts up all is working OK. The touchscreen function perfectly, but if the unit is not used for a while for some unknown reason the touchscreen does not function, and requires a restart. Does anyone have any ideas, I suspect it is something to do with either power saving...
December 28th 06 08:25 PM
by Reflex Go to last post
0 134
New Quickcam drivers (10.5 dated 12/24/06) for Pro 5000 by DCR
There are new Logitech drivers for the Quickcam Pro 5000 for Vista (x86) dated 12/24/06 ver. 10.5 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=11022,OSID=13,softwareid=13130
December 28th 06 08:03 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
7 190
Sierra Wireless 580 Drivers by Olafur
Hello, I'm trying to install a SW 580 card in my Vista and found that using a DUN would work and that Vista would find it's own drivers from Windows Update service, but it hasn't. Anyone gotten one of these to work yet?
December 28th 06 12:44 PM
by Olafur Go to last post
0 201
UMAX 4000U and MS Vista by Clinton Henry
Is there any driver updates for this scanner, the UMAX 4000U, to make it work in Vista? Clinton
December 27th 06 09:17 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 202
Runtime error hptskmgr.exe by Poopsie
Hi folks can anyone tell me how to resolve the following Runtime error when I start up my laptop in Vista RC1? Program:C:\ Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate itin an unusual way. Please contat the applications support team for moe information. Any ideas, it is the only issue with RC1 at the moment. Thanks very much
December 27th 06 09:17 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 215
Vista ultimate & new MS ATI 1900 update by Jon M
I've been using Vista Ultimate since it was released on MSDN... Applied ATI's RC1 drivers, and the latest version released on Dec 12 and its been working great. Then last Thurs or Friday, MS released a driver version on Windows Update and my display no longer works at all... I see the Post and initial boot, but once it goes to the hi-res mode for the desktop, the screen goes blank. Had to...
December 27th 06 07:03 PM
by Jon M Go to last post
7 243
PlZ HELP - WIN VISTA UPGRADE HELP NEEDED...? by oc9ine
Hello There, I want to upgrade to Win Vista, I currently have Intel D845GVS1 motherboard and Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (mPGA 478) processor(without HT ) with 256mb(DDR) of RAM. I want a motherboard which should have these things : 1. It should support my Pentium4 2.4GHz processor
December 27th 06 04:08 PM
by oc9ine Go to last post
0 145
usb½è¿ÚcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄvista64λÇý¶¯ by DNA
ÓÐûÓÐusb½Ó¿ÚµÄcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄÇý¶¯ idÊÇUSB\VID_067B&PID_2303&REV_0300
December 27th 06 03:27 PM
by DNA Go to last post
0 225
Zune 1.2 Software and Vista RC1 Build 5600 by Todd
I purchased a Zune yesterday and attempted to install the software from the CD. The software immediately went to the web-site and downloaded version 1.2 of the software (which is supposed to be Vsta compatible). The installation failed. I have since downloaded the Zune 1.2 software from http://www.zune.net/support and when I run setup application (ZuneSetup.exe version 1.2.5511.0) it...
December 27th 06 12:32 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 186
IBM T42 w/ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 by Some guy in Kirkland
Looks like the stock drivers are pretty freakin slow.. (DVD playback is horrible) and rating is 1.0) I fould some Vista drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon 7600 but they won't install... anyone?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 06 10:03 PM
by Gilles Vollant \(MVP\) Go to last post
10 384
rewritable disk by Shark
Hi, i'm using Vista RTM 6000 ..and i have a problem ... i have a rewritable CD that i use it from long time ago ..it work with Window XP greatly...but when i use it with vista burning option ..the Vista burned it and closed it .... i put the rewritable disk again to erase it the system refused to do this and said that the CDis not rewritable nd can not to be erased..i'm very upset from this...
December 26th 06 09:20 PM
by nord Go to last post

From The