hardware not working... by c52
I loaded vista hp. everything went well with load. I did't save any settings. Everything seems to be fine except no speakers, no printer. On both the drivers are the most up-to-date and working. The speakers are working, but not in the monitor. The printing works all the way to the printer, then nothing. I re-loaded the original software for both printer and monitor, nothing. "no audio...
July 25th 07 02:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 106
sidewinder big anoying problems by c4rv3r
hi, i purchased a microsoft sidewinder mouse about 2 or 3 months ago, i have treated it with care, never had anything spilt on it, no damage wotsoever. recently... about 3 weeks ago i noticed that during game or desktop i would be moving my mouse and it would suddenly stop, completely. it would do this for about 4 seconds and then start working again, about 40% of the time that it does this is it...
August 14th 08 07:25 PM
by c4rv3r Go to last post
0 183
How to contact Microsoft by C.B.[_5_]
Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work, to no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution available. This was not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 08 02:06 PM
by SeanP Go to last post
23 742
Microsoft Fingerprint Reader by C.B.[_4_]
Does anyone know anything about Microsoft's fingerprint reader and how to get it to work in Vista? The reader is Vista compatible and has the latest software. I have spent several hours on the phone with Microsoft support and they cannot seem to get it to work. I have added exclusions for it in my NOD32 AV and I use the embedded Windows firewall. I disabled my AVG AntiSpy and Windows...
February 23rd 08 02:45 AM
by C.B.[_4_] Go to last post
0 126
8gb RAM problems on vista64 by C. Gillian
I'm having repeated system restarts since going from 4 to 8gb. The crashes occur whenever I push the system to actually use more than 4gb, otherwise it's rock solid and never crashes. The RAM consists of 4x2gb stalks all purchased in one go from Crucial and is listed (by them) as compatible with my specific motherboard. Each stalk works fine on it's own or in tandem, but as soon as I move...
August 17th 08 05:37 PM
by C. Gillian Go to last post
9 210
Keyboard Diagram by C and A Bredt
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000. I am trying to find a diagram of the keyboard so that I can make notes on it as to what some of the keys do. Do you know where I can find one on the internet? Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 16th 10 12:51 AM
by Natéag[_3_] Go to last post
9 669
Keyboard 3000 Make Keys Less Sensitive by C and A Bredt
Can I make the keys less sensitive? I seem to be hitting 2 keys at a time. Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 11th 10 08:17 PM
by C and A Bredt Go to last post
0 292
Keyboard 3000 Make Keys Less Sensitive by C and A Bredt
Can I make the keys less sensitive? I seem to be hitting 2 keys at a time. Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 12th 10 08:03 PM
by C and A Bredt Go to last post
4 384
Keyboard Diagram by C and A Bredt
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000. I am trying to find a diagram of the keyboard so that I can make notes on it as to what some of the keys do. Do you know where I can find one on the internet? Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 7th 10 09:31 PM
by C and A Bredt Go to last post
0 252
Mouse/Keyboard no longer loads correctly by B_Mills
For some reason as soon as Vista is loaded my mouse and keyboard no longer function as they should. In fact they do not work at all. So I am left here with no way of accessing my computer to see why it does not run them. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but as soon as i got back from a trip they no longer function. I have tried 2 other sets of keyboards and mouses on this computer...
August 8th 07 04:46 PM
by Tim Go to last post
1 107
Recent Automatic Updates are Freezing Up My Desktop-Restore Point by byumike
Recent automatic updates (April 21-25) are causing my computer, screen, mouse...key board to freeze. I have to perform a hard boot. I initiated a restore point back to April 10 2008 and this fixed the problem. What do I do now? Never install an update again? Help?
June 11th 08 10:15 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 224
Monitor Resolution and Bit Settings Keep changing by Byron
Hey guys, I've been running into a problem recently with my monitor. I have Dell D630 Laptop with Vista Business x32 with a NVidia Quadro NVS 135M. I also have a triple monitor setup using TripleHead2Go by Matrox. This wasn't a problem before, but I take my laptop home a lot and bring it back to work. For the most part, it would keep the resolution (or I would have to make small...
July 16th 08 03:47 PM
by Byron Go to last post
2 166
connecting your computer to a tv by ByrdieMamma
how can I connect my laptop to My big screen tv?
May 29th 08 05:58 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
2 136
Vista not recognizing HDD by byounk
I had an old computer running Windows XP. I decided to build a new computer and bought all new components including a new hard drive and installed Vista on this new computer. I want to get some pictures and other files off the old HDD but Vista is not recognizing the old drive. My old HDD is an IDE and new one is SATA. I have the jumper set to slave (DVD is master) and when I started the...
May 29th 09 01:19 AM
by byounk Go to last post
7 333
Display shuts off when vista boots by bwoogie
I'm having a problem with my display shutting off when I boot Vista. The monitor turns on when I turn on my computer. It stays on through the progress bar. But once that part is done the monitor will show a "No Signal" message and fall asleep. Now, this only happens in certain circumstances! It only happens if say I have my external Hard Drive attached, or my iPod is plugged in. Sometime's...
April 20th 08 10:35 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 116
volume control by bwood
I just bought a new keyboard and I can't get the volume control or mute to work on it. It's a Logitech that said on the box it was Vista compatible. When I open the volume mixer window it shows that it recognizes the keyboard but nothing happens when I try to adjust the volume with the keyboard.
June 14th 07 02:29 PM
by Walker1 Go to last post
2 178
RC1: No bluetooth item in Control Panel. by BWN
As with the Beta 2, I can't get bluetooth to setup devices. The hardware is detected and installed, but I am supposed to add bt-connected devices through the control panel, however no bluetooth configuration settings present. Has anyone had any luck? Dual-boot XP-SP2 & Vista-RC1 on an Acer TravelMate 8204WLMi.
September 22nd 06 06:25 AM
by BWN Go to last post
0 159
Audio Drivers, Vista SP1 32 bit by BWeber
Hi all, I'm having a problem with the audio drivers on my custom built machine. Until about 3 days ago, I was using the motherboard's onboard audio. Then I tried to install a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card. This failed and none of the drivers I tried worked. So I thought to revert to the onboard sound. Well, now that's broken too. The first audio driver I installed when I first...
May 27th 08 08:32 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
4 167
Problems with sleep by BuzzLightyear
To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore LAN settings
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 08 07:19 AM
by JKK Go to last post
22 591
Cannot safely remove hardware even when no programs are running by Buzz
I have a recurring problem with USB flash drives and my SD card slot in Vista. When I click "safely remove hardware" I get a "problem removing device" notification along with a message to shut down any programs that might be using the device. However, this happens even when no programs are running. I have tried shutting down and restarting Explorer in Task Manager. This used to work...
July 8th 08 12:28 AM
by Buzz Go to last post

From The