Vista 64bit driver signing. by Steve
If I have a driver for a device that functions properly, but it is not digitally signed, is there any way to submit to Microsoft for them to test and sign said driver? or do something to make vista use the driver? Right now I have Vista start up and display the advanced startup options and I select disable driver signature enforcement. This is no big deal but it would be nice if I could...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 08 02:40 AM
by Steve Go to last post
10 383
cd/dvd by Steve
Vista will not let me format or write to cd/dvd's. Windows cannot read disk in drive. Put in vista ready drive from another computer. Same problem. -- Steven
February 1st 08 03:26 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 140
DVD-RAM Code 32 problem by Steve
Most of DVD driver problems on the forum seem to be regarding code 39. What about Code 32? I'm getting "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I'm running Vista. I've tried uninstalling and re-booting, but no good. Any suggestions? Thanks.
September 8th 07 11:17 AM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 117
Finalize a CD? by Steve
I cannot find a button or menu item that finalizes a CD after burning files. All the CDs I burn still seem to be open (can add more files) but I want a CD that's locked, finished and frozen. "Close session" does not finalize (for me, anyway). Tried various formatting and "Mastered CD" options, but they don't do the job. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Please advise.
October 5th 08 10:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 264
WD MyBook World Edition by Steve
I recently purchased a Western Digital MyBook World Edition 500MB Network Hard Drive. Works great, can see it on the network, can copy, retrieve, backup, all that good stuff. But how can I get Sync Center to recognize it?
November 26th 08 01:02 AM
by MarkG0514 Go to last post
2 299
Permantely disable Vista 64 bit diver signature check by Steve
Run command prompt as administator and type the following bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and then enter, should report succesfull. Steve (x64man)
March 28th 07 01:23 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
3 152
IPOD Shuffle (1st Gen) on Vista Ultimate RTM by Steve
When I plug the shuffle into the powered USB dock port, itunes recognizes it and does what it is supposed to do, but the Vista OS goes totally whacko in the background. It recognizes the shuffle and creates an entry in device manager, then drops it, and reinstalls it, over and over and over again. device manager is constantly refreshing making it impossible to use. The same effect happens...
February 13th 07 12:44 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 155
ATI X800 Performance Rating 1.0 by Steve
I see that other's are getting higher scores with their x800 cards?? The MS upgrade advisor says I can run Ultimate, but the performance score is only a 1.0 because of the graphics card, meaning that I can not unleash Vista.... I have downloaded the latest ATI drivers and have tried various recommendations from other posts here, without any success. ATI X800XT AGP (All In Wonder) (Tuner...
March 29th 07 04:32 AM
by Chemical X Go to last post
1 108
Dynamic disks no longer readable under XP by Steve
I just put on Vista Ultimate (Build 5744) on a separate partition on the same disk as XP Pro (SP2 w/all updates). The Vista install went fine, all but one of my devices was found (USB floppy, no big deal), and everything seemed golden. I booted back to XP and everything was still fine there too. Then I come back to Vista and start looking around closer. I noticed in Disk Management that...
July 11th 09 09:38 AM
by SeventhUser Go to last post
1 233
Tuner Problem by Steve
I have the MSI digital anywhere atsc card installed. media center only detects the digital tuner. I cant seem to get it to see the cable tuner. I have reset and resetup to the same thing. When Vista gets to the desktop the sound from the cable tuner comes on. I have looked for other apps that may be initializing it, nothing. I have installed the drivers that came with it and i have also...
November 11th 06 04:53 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 115
Laptop Touchpad by Steve
I just installed RC1 and the installation went very well. One small item that is creating a major headache. The RC1 does not support the driver for my HP laptops touchpad. The touchpad is working but is installed as a PS2 mouse therefore all of the extended funcunality if the touchpad does not work...such as scrolling. I have searched for a driver from ALPS and have been unsucessful. ...
October 10th 06 04:16 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
1 101
Windows detected a hard disk problem by Steve B
Hi Guys, I have just posted the attached on the Windows Help Forums and think it may help. It probably not appropriate to redirect you, so will repost. My appologies upfront, it is far from technical or well written, following a fairly sleepless night to resolve this issue on two systems. Essentially I set out to find why I was getting disconnects on an XBOX
January 28th 07 09:33 AM
by Steve B Go to last post
0 179
Dvico Fusion PCI TV Tuner by Steve Byfieldt
Hi, I have a Dvico Fusion PCI TV Tuner card installed which worked ok with XP Pro. Since I have installed Vista Premium it will not work. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from there web site and it sort of worked temporarily.Now I get an error saying " Connect source filter to Inftee failed " Any ideas Thanks Steve
August 4th 07 11:15 PM
by Steve Byfieldt Go to last post
0 169
Disks spinning down and then up and then down..... by Steve Campbell
Here's a thing: I have fairly high performning PC running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I have 3 internal hard drives (system, data & system backup) with a 4th, effectively internal, e-SATA drive as data backup. My computer power settings are set to Performance and the disks are not supposed to spin down for 20 minutes, except...... that they do do constantly.
November 6th 07 10:00 PM
by Steve Campbell Go to last post
0 98
Multiple Display Adapters - Cannot get 2nd to work.. by Steve Childs
I've got an ATI X800 PCI-E card as my main adapter, but I've got a Radeon 9250 and Geforce FX5200, both PCI. With Beta 2 I tried both cards and niether worked, the driver for the 2nd card wouldn't load. At the moment I've got the 5200 plugged in and its not working, but I read that Vista only allows one WDDM to be installed, so multiple cards would need to be from the same manufacturer. Has...
January 24th 07 01:55 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
4 228
Multiple Display Adapters - Cannot get 2nd to work.. by Steve Childs
I've got an ATI X800 PCI-E card as my main adapter, but I've got a Radeon 9250 and Geforce FX5200, both PCI. With Beta 2 I tried both cards and niether worked, the driver for the 2nd card wouldn't load. At the moment I've got the 5200 plugged in and its not working, but I read that Vista only allows one WDDM to be installed, so multiple cards would need to be from the same manufacturer. Has...
October 5th 06 01:08 PM
by Steve Childs Go to last post
0 135
M-Audio Firewire Audio Drivers by Steve Gruver
Good news to those who own an M-Audio Firewire Series sound card. Drivers (Beta) are finally available for Vista. Steve
November 27th 08 04:28 AM
by David Snyder Go to last post
5 422
Driver issue after upgrading to Ultimate from Home Premium by Steve Gruver[_2_]
My dell laptop came with Vista HomePremium preinstalled, but due to work requirements I needed to upgrade to Ultimate. Ever since the "Anytime Upgrade" I'm having serious driver loading issues (i.e. USB, Bluetooth, etc). I'm having to load drivers EVERY time I reboot and it doesn't simply automatically find them either. I have to manually select c:\windows\system32 for the driver to be...
December 23rd 07 02:24 AM
by Steve Gruver[_2_] Go to last post
0 117
Can I combine two hard disks together? by Steve Hall
I have a Toshiba laptop and it has come with a single 120Gb hard disk. However it is partitioned into a C drive and an E drive split 50:50. I don't really need to have two seperate areas in this way and would like to combine them together to have a single logical drive on the laptop. Can I do this from within Windows Vista that is installed on the laptop? Thanks Steve
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 09 12:15 AM
by Ricky[_6_] Go to last post
13 641
What is "0xA_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_bcmwl6+404d6, type 0"? by Steve in Seattle
I had a few bluescreens to track down and found the following fault bucket in the Events Viewer: 0xA_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_bcmwl6+404d6, type 0 any ideas what this is?
October 14th 08 01:02 AM
by Spirit Go to last post

From The