Windows Mobile Device Center will not recognize my IPAQ 6945 by buyslake
I can not get my Ipaq with Windows Mobile 5 to be recognized in Windows Vista Home Premium. I have tried reinstalling WMDC twice and restarting. It says on my pocket device that it is connected however I can not see it in Window Explorer, nor in Sync center, nor in WMDC. What can I do to get this to work? Also, I do NOT have any virus programs running on my computer.
February 26th 07 09:04 PM
by buyslake Go to last post
0 445
Device connections via bluetooth or USB in Windows Vista Home prem by buyslake
I am having lots of problems with Windows Vista. I havea Stowaway think outside bluetooth mouse. It connects to Windows Vista but does not work. I also have a HP Ipaq 6945 pocket pc, it will connect to the laptop but I can not see it in the computer anyway, not in windows explorer, nor windows mobile device center, nor sync center. Why are my devices connecting but nothing is working! ...
February 28th 07 02:57 PM
by buyslake Go to last post
0 276
Please Help - second HDD unknown; unreadable; unallocated by Bux63
I just finished assembling my computer. It’s an ambitious project with Gigabyte GA-P-35- DS4 Motherboard and two HDD a) Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 (for OS + programms) b) Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s (for all other things) Vista 64-bit installation was easy, problems started right after. Under Computer only one...
January 28th 08 06:53 PM
by Bux63 Go to last post
2 1,714
cd rom driver by BUTTERBEAN
I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA....MY CDROM DRIVE WAS WORKING FINE UP TIL A COUPLE DAYS AGO...IVE DONE DRIVER UPDATES,UNINSTALLED IT AND RESTARTED THE COMPUTER,NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK TO GET THE CDROM DRIVE PLAYING CD'S AGAIN. IT TELLS ME THE SOFTWARE HAS BEEN INSTALLED BUT A PROBLEM OCCURRS WHEN IT TRIES TO RUN,WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?
June 12th 08 02:29 AM
by fuzor_silverbolt[_29_] Go to last post
2 265
Audio device causing unexpected shutdowns. by BUTTABOOK
Windows tells me I have a problem with my Realtek High Definition Audio Device. Everything appears okay? When I went into the 'Event Finder,' the Fault Bucket for my shutdown was 0x9F_IMAGE_Rtlh86.sys, type 0 Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to have to disable my soundcard.
November 8th 07 08:56 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 117
CD-ROM drive Dell Dimension/Windows Vista by butchman43
I recently bought new pc. worked fine, then had a power outage yesterday. now when my son trys to play roller coaster tycoon, a box pops up and says no CD-ROM drive found. tried to restore to earlier date and didn't work. anybody got any Ideas, at a loss here. thanks
June 26th 07 01:26 PM
by DellCA Go to last post
5 145
tv tuner card by Butch
i just installed vista home prem and a tuner card (tv tuner expert pvr-tv-7133) when i reboot it says needs driver saa7134 and nothing works and media center does not show any card and cant find that driver any ideas ?
February 3rd 07 04:28 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 192
Soundblaster 5.1 Live Series Driver by busyboy
Hi, Anybody suffering from a lack of this driver Microsoft now supply it on their Updates. Busyboy
February 13th 08 01:33 PM
by busyboy Go to last post
0 105
Graphic cards by busyboy
Hi All, I have Vista installed which is working with my Gainward Graphic card, but with no Aero or 3D rendering. So I am looking to upgrade my card. Without breaking the bank I am open to suggestions as to what upgrade graphic card I should go for, I have an AGP board. Regards
February 8th 08 06:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 142
New Build by busyboy
Hi All, Just completed a new build, so when I booted up for the first time I found out that I was getting no signal from the graphic card, so therefore I can't get into the bios etc. I have been on to the supplier and they have asked me to do several checks, like moving the memory around etc but still no joy. I am a bit concerned about the power supply to the graphic card. The graphic card...
October 20th 08 06:28 PM
by Bob Knowlden[_2_] Go to last post
5 281
Midi & Wav files. by busyboy
Hi All, Is there any way I can turn up the Midi sound in Vista to the same level as the Wav files. If I click on the speakers in the task bar I only have two controls speakers and window sounds. I'm one of the poor souls that has a SB Live 5.1 so I'm using a driver that recommended in this forum. busyboy
February 11th 08 03:10 PM
by busyboy Go to last post
0 144
Optische IDE Laufwerke Fehlercode 39 by Buschi
Habe keine Idee mehr was ich noch machen könnte. Habe zwei optische Laufwerke SH-D162 und GSA-H42l die in Vista problemlos funktionierten und urplötzlich nicht mehr verfügbar sind. Das Bios erkennt sie und beide können auch über die Gerätetaster bedient werden. Der Gerätemanger von Vista gibt den Fehlercode 39 raus (Treiber kann nicht geladen werden). Deinstallieren und neu starten...
October 9th 07 08:02 AM
by Buschi Go to last post
3 111
Back-up and System Restore by Burr
Hi, Last night I decided to do a system back-up because I noticed that my Windows firewall was turned off. I also thought that that doing the back-up was a recommended process. I wanted to back up the files on CDs , but the process began and I think my D drive just made a back up of itself on my system because I went from having disk space to having 0% free. I went to system restore and...
January 8th 08 11:16 PM
by Burr Go to last post
0 108
Checking File System on C: by Burr
My computer ran out of battery and shut down. When I re-started it, it required a disk check on the C: drive for consistency, it said "Checking file system on C:The type of the file system is NTFS" It starts to check the files, but gets to 7 percent complete and pauses every time. There is no way to cancel the check and no matter how long I leave it there it will never get past 7 percent....
July 7th 07 01:36 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
6 111
Cannot copy/burn files toCD RW by burmag_321
I have a new pc with Vista Basic. I have been trying to copy files to a CDRW for the last 4 weeks without success. I can copy fils to a CD R but of course, I am unable to edit or change the files as it tells me they are .read only. I have used Live format and when I open the CDRW disc and try to save changes I have made to the data files, I receive a message saying the files are 'read...
May 8th 07 06:27 PM
by Jazup Go to last post
2 106
HElp with Sound from Laptop to Sony tv with HDMI Cable by Burkec1967
Hi Yes I plug in an hdmi cable to my dell laptop running win vista and I am watching a movie on the internet and I can't hear the sound from the webpage or from the streaming video i can hear the default windows sounds on tv but not the movie playing from either megavideo or ie or mozilla can somebody help me tell me where to look or what to do SO If i watch a video or put one up for my kids...
February 1st 09 02:44 AM
by Burkec1967 Go to last post
0 453
Can't update BIOS, drvr phlashnt.sys has been blocked from loading by BunnyMan
I bought a new laptop, an HP DV6058 AMD62 x2. I made the backup & recovery disks and downloaded all of the latest drivers from the HP site. Then I did a full install of RC1/64. While the machine is kick ***; it suffers from power managment issues like so others. (Slow wake up times, poor battery life, too hot, etc.) The BIOS is at version F13, and now another new release is out at F18. ...
October 5th 06 12:56 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
5 333
RAM Upgrade by Bundy115
Hello, I have done several searches for this question with no luck so I apologize now if it is a repeat. I am running Windows Vista x64 SP1. When I installed the OS my computer had 4GB RAM installed. I have just upgraded to 8GB and enabled the "memory remap" feature in the system BIOS. When I view system settings indeed the system reports 8.00 GB memory. My
January 16th 09 02:39 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 180
Is There Any Hope? by Bunbear
Yesterday, my computer blanked out and started a funny noise with the on button flashing. I tried to shut it down, but it wouldn't. When I got a "hot" burning smell, I pulled all the plugs real quick! Is there any hope that my hard drive is still there? If not, my second questions is should I get Windows Vista instead of the XP that I am used to..? I have been reading (on my husband's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 09:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 269
camera settings on Vista by Bumbrlik[_2_]
Hello all, I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when I connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me if where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if the pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an option to set defaults to some of these settings and there was a checkbox "Don't ask me again" (or...
July 10th 09 10:58 AM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post

From The