Installing an IDE Hard Drive in a Acer Aspire M5620 by Moose067
I just purchased an Acer AM5620-E5512A It is Quad Core Intel I am trying to install an extra hard drive an IDE 320GB Western Digital HD. I am running Vista 64-bit the computer is recognizing the drive as a floppy drive how can i fix this?
February 3rd 09 03:04 PM
by Moose067 Go to last post
8 247
System Restore by Roger H. Sirois
I use Vista Home premium on a Levono T60 laptop. Recently, I tried to do a 'system restore' for the first time since using this system (~2 years). I was having problems setting up a Linksys wireless router at the time. The restore command was accepted and would go through the motions OK, but at the end (~5 minutes) I would get a pop-up screen indicating that the restore was not successful...
February 3rd 09 06:16 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 168
Canon Scanner - Vista 64 bit by Malcolm Hill
I have a Canoscan Lide20 and Vista Professional 64bit. I cannot find a suitable driver anywhere. Anyone help?
February 3rd 09 06:59 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 185
BAFFLED!! please help! by Skeletoon
I just spent a lot of money on a new custom built machine for work: msi X58 platinum, intel core i7 965, geforce GTX 280, 1TB samsung HDD with 12 gigs of DDR3 RAM. The problem is that though vista recognizes everything, It's UNBELIEVABLY slow. I've taken out 3 of the RAM sticks leaving 6 gigs, and It's quicker!! (though now Vista recognises 3.99 of that remaining 6gig) This machine should blitz...
February 3rd 09 07:32 PM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
2 214
Graphics Card Question by pufnstuff[_4_]
Installed driver for ASUS EAH3650 Silent Magic graphics card. When check for driver updates via ATI Catalyst Control Center, shows update to a ATI Raedon 3600 driver. Unsure if should stick with the latest ASUS driver or install the RAEDON one. Any info would be much appreciated.
February 4th 09 12:41 AM
by pufnstuff[_4_] Go to last post
6 290
Where are Vista printer drivers situated? by menhel
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, but it doesnt support my old laserjet printer(hp laserjet 1100) The driver was available in vista. Can anyone direct me where the driver is so i can copy and paste from another computer? Any help would be gladly appreciated. thanks
February 4th 09 07:04 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
8 231
Permanently assigning COM port #'s by Harry
Is there a way to force Vista to always assign the same COM port number to a device? Vista defines a completely new device every time it boots, if a USB cable is disconnected, and every time it randomly decides to ignore a connected device (about 1 time every 3 or 4 hours). Beacuse of this, I'm constantly having to open DEVICES to find the newly assigned COM ID, the open the config for the...
February 5th 09 04:02 AM
by Harry Go to last post
2 247
Video Hardware Crash by goorambatman
I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. When I use the screen saver Aurora (and i think all screensavers) and leave the computer at night I come back to find it has been crashing and restrting all night. The screensaver comes on without error but at some stage while it's running I get a crash. My power settings are set too never turn off the computer and to never put it to sleep. I have...
February 5th 09 07:42 AM
by Ray Luca Go to last post
5 209
Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly by Alistair Doran [1009382]
Both on 64bit Vista and 32bit Vista PC's the HT OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One native drives are working incorrectly when I print in duplex (which is usually all the time!). Instead of the printer printing in book format it keeps printing in "flip up format" on matter setting I pick. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve apart from doing manual duplex printing? Alistair
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 09 12:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
10 404
USB External Backup Disk and Vista Pro by Grandad[_2_]
Hi We use a USB external hard disk to backup to from 2 Vista Pro PCs on a wired LAN. All works OK until such time as the drive is disconnected from the main PC. The drive is taken off site at the end of each working day and then plugged back in the next day. With it connected I have set all the backups no problem and have also "Shared" the disk so that the 2nd PC has access to it. I ...
February 6th 09 01:00 AM
by Grandad[_2_] Go to last post
0 199
Recognizing CD Aoromatically by Doug[_14_]
When I put a cd in my drive using XP windows opens a screen asking what I want to do with it.It has choices such as Media Player,Burn Cd,etc. On my Laptop with Vista it does not open this window.I have to use Computer click on drive to open.There must be a setting to make it automatically recognize the cd when putting it in drive?? Thanks in Advance Doug
February 6th 09 02:45 AM
by Doug[_14_] Go to last post
0 144
MS Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 - Favorite Keys??? by MaryAnn[_2_]
I just upgraded from the #6000 2.0 to the 3.0. I cannot get the "favorite" keys to connect to any websites. They show a configuration as assigned keys but do not connect. I tried setting the keys directly from the sites and from copy/paste into the configuration screen. When I first installed the software the keys worked fine. I shut off my PC for a while and when I rebooted, the "favorite"...
February 6th 09 04:30 AM
by MaryAnn[_2_] Go to last post
0 157
Cant mirror desktop between laptop and projector by starworks
When I connect my laptop to a projector, the projector becomes my primary monitor and my laptop screen goes black. The function key combo won't work to switch displays. I can't switch the displays in the change display panel (i.e. set up my laptop as the primary monitor - the option is greyed out). When I turn the presentation feature on in the control panel it doesn't detect another...
February 6th 09 12:39 PM
by spamme0[_2_] Go to last post
2 130
touch pad by simonnew
hi, for some odd reason, the touchpad of my laptop has become active, meaning if i tap it it responds, which i find very irritating. my problem is that i just cannot seem to find where to shut it off! i've gone through almost everything in the control panel but cannot find how to do it, can anyone help? cheers
February 6th 09 12:48 PM
by johnstiscali Go to last post
2 181
USB Analog To Digital Video Device-Best by Karenx13
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have been using vista 64 bit for about a year now & lovin' it. My question concerns finding a USB Capture device for analog video. I would like to transfer my old video & make movies with it. I know i can use an internal capture card but would prefer the USB if possible. I'm having a hard time finding one that is compatible with the 64bit Vista. Anyone out there know of...
February 6th 09 02:36 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 145
usb hard drive cannot find driver by OmegaTWB
I have iOmega 750GB FireWire® 800/FireWire 400/USB 2.0 - which worked perfectly until I had a problem with a Lacie usd drive - now I get a message about installing the drive every time I connect the drive. The drive works, but it shows up as an "unknown device". Tried replacing the inf file usbstor - but that didn't help. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks running vista business
February 6th 09 04:05 PM
by OmegaTWB Go to last post
0 129
USB H/D issue by OmegaTWB
I have am Iomega 750 firewire/usb drive - using a usb connection that worked fine until I tried a Lacie drive - now I get the message about not finding driver every time I connect the drive. I replaced the usbstor.inf but that didn't help. I'm running vista business (32). Thanks for any assistance.
February 6th 09 04:10 PM
by OmegaTWB Go to last post
0 111
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Cripset Family by Rafael
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I discovered that my video card is 64MB instead of 128MB Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Cripset Family Is there anybody with this problem? I have instaled the lastest driver Notebook Acer TravelMate 4220
February 6th 09 09:15 PM
by paserile Go to last post
3 182
Logitech problem by Finlay[_2_]
Hallo, i have a very good mouse logitech MX Revolution that i like very much so that I have bought another equal. I have bought the second because, since some weeks, the first makes sometimes the double click with the left button instead of the single click. The problem now is that I have to change the usb receiver too (it seems
February 6th 09 10:33 PM
by Ray Luca Go to last post
2 151
What is a hard drive RAID configuration by scousa4lyf
i have been thinking of upgrading my system and i am going to get a new MOBO and other internal hardware.. i have heard about RAID configuration and i was wondering if someone could explain to me the benefits and what hardware i need to get.. i am currently using a 500GB ATA.... i do understand that i would have to reinstall vista when changing the motherboard... if someone could just explain...
February 7th 09 04:03 AM
by haunt Go to last post

From The