Mirror, Mirror by Grasshopper
What the hell happened to this forum? I used to be able to find answers to my computer problems here, but now it's like a parallel universe of kindergartners calling each other names. Where can I find out why my "low battery alarm" does not sound when it is programmed to? And please don't tell me not to end a sentence with a preposition!!!
February 7th 09 04:09 AM
by haunt Go to last post
8 230
Need help setting up RAID 1 by howwon
Hello everyone, Noob person needs help setting up RAID 1. I have the following hardware and I would like some help in turning this into a RAID 1 storage vault. Two (2) Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 32MB HD (WD10EADS) Vantec NexStar MX (NST-400MX-SR) Switching Jumper 1&2 are ON Switching Jumper 3&4 are OFF
February 7th 09 03:49 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
5 169
Backup Error - Western Digital 'My Book' by rlmcculley
I have gotten numerous (0x81000014) errors saying there is not enough space on my Windows disk to prepare for backing up my files. I am using a Western Digial 'My Book' 500G external storage device to back up to and have deleted EVERYTHING on it in order to make sure that there was enough storage space available. After the backup I still have over 400G of available space. WHY do I continue to...
February 7th 09 04:51 PM
by spamme0[_2_] Go to last post
3 180
Explorer and other Apps hang randomly by 2000b5
Hey everyone, Im new here but I was hoping I would be able to get a little help and/or see if anyone has experienced this before. With my computer when I go to access anything through explorer or directly from another application, it will hang for a moment before actually doing what I told it to (browse folder, open music through itunes....). This is a new problem to me since I switched over to...
February 7th 09 09:43 PM
by 2000b5 Go to last post
1 170
Power State Failure in Vista Home Premium Final by mschoenborn
After installing an update of Vista Home Premium Final over my running MCE 2005 system i always got a blue screen and reboot after approximately 10 minutes after a resume from sleep (Driver power state failure). After the reboot the system was stable until the next resume. A clean install of Vista has not changed this behavior. Who can help? Abit NF-M2+nView Motherboard, Remote Keyboard for...
February 8th 09 01:20 PM
by gardavis Go to last post
2 166
Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0 by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The above fault bucket came up this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port! On random basis my PC locks up and will not...
February 8th 09 04:08 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
0 163
Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0 by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The above fault bucket came up this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port! On random basis my PC locks up and will not...
February 8th 09 04:08 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
0 157
Network issue - BSOD and lockups by Pbathuk
Hi all, First time on here so sorry if I miss off any thing that is needed first time. I have been having some problems with my PC for a while now and have had a BSOD twice within the last few weeks The followingf ault bucket came up (Fault bucket X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15caf, type 0) this time after following the problem reports and solutions section. It says on the error it is my ethernet port!...
February 8th 09 04:38 PM
by Pbathuk Go to last post
1 149
USB hard drive and flash drives not recognized in Vista 32 by Stephen[_4_]
In Vista 32 I had USB drives working (flash drive and external hard drive). They are no longer recognized, and don't show up in disk management. I saw where a fix could be to delete infcache.1 from the Windows/inf folder, but infcache.1 is missing from there, and Windows does not regenerate it. One place said there's a hotfix for that problem, but I couldn't download or run the hotfix....
February 8th 09 11:26 PM
by Stephen[_4_] Go to last post
0 197
Updated list of compatibility Vista X64? by Munchmouth
Anyone have a link to an UP TO DATE compatibility list for Vista X64? I had an issue with a plantronic headset and had to restore VistaX64. This is my first time running Vista and I would like to have a list of known problem hardware or software. Thanks, Munch -- Munchmouth
February 9th 09 05:00 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 158
Optical DVD drive quits working and external DVD drive not accessible by gene gayle
have an ASUS G50VT notebook that is 3 weeks old and I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit for my OS. My ODD was working jsut fine, now I can not read anything. In Explorer I can see the drive, but it does not read anything. I have unistalled the drive several times and rebooted, but did not work, I have also tried to edit the registry, but lower filters and upper filters are not listed to delete....
February 9th 09 08:39 PM
by trouble Go to last post
1 160
USB pen drive by Safai
Hello Everyone, Recently, I get the "Code 10-This device cannot start" error when I insert my USB pen drive into the Windows Vista system. The same flash drive has no problem in windows XP. Anyone knows why? Thanks Morteza
February 9th 09 08:40 PM
by Safai Go to last post
1 154
Smiley faces(if you dont like to read, skip this) funny though by ewastudent
:-) Your basic smilie. This smilie is used to inflect a sarcastic or joking statement since we can't hear voice inflection over Unix. ;-) Winky smilie. User just made a flirtatious and/or sarcastic remark. More of a "don't hit me for what I just said" smilie. :-( Frowning smilie. User did not like that last statement or is upset or depressed about something. :-I Indifferent smilie. Better than...
February 10th 09 01:06 AM
by ewastudent Go to last post
4 219
Fault bucket X64_0x9F_IMAGE_nvmfdx64.sys, type 0 by ekhraisat
could you please review and advice the error that I got in my computer, this happened almost 3 times, that the computer will shut down automatically to prevent crashing Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 1/22/2009 6:44:34 AM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information
February 10th 09 01:35 AM
by ekhraisat Go to last post
0 142
Fault bucket X64_0x9F_IMAGE_nvmfdx64.sys, type 0 by ekhraisat
Please review and help, my computer and for almost 3 times shut down with a note that the reason for this shut down is to prevent the computer from crashing due to an error!! please review and advice thank you Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting
February 10th 09 01:39 AM
by ekhraisat Go to last post
0 171
Fault bucket X64_0x9F_IMAGE_nvmfdx64.sys, type 0 by ekhraisat
Please review and help, my computer and for almost 3 times shut down with a note that the reason for this shut down is to prevent the computer from crashing due to an error!! please review and advice thank you Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting
February 10th 09 01:40 AM
by ekhraisat Go to last post
0 150
Fault bucket X64_0x9F_IMAGE_nvmfdx64.sys, type 0 by ekhraisat
my computer shut down auto with a note that the reason for that is to prevent it from crashing, please advice
February 10th 09 01:41 AM
by ekhraisat Go to last post
0 150
Vista Problems since upgrading RAM by korimus
Hello all, Well, I am having an interesting problem. I recently upgraded from 2GB of corsair xms memory to 4GB of Patriot Extreme Performance RAM. First off, I messed up by not changing the voltage to the proper level. At first I was running it at 1.9v (the manufacturer recommends 2.1-2.2). So, obviously I start getting weird problems, lots of crashing. I finally figure out the voltage is wrong...
February 10th 09 08:51 AM
by Safai Go to last post
1 161
Vista Firewi To See or not to See. by ironhorse99
My problem is that I can't access my Lacie 160 GIG drive(its been formatted NTSC). I've checked all my drivers which are up to date. Here's the weird part. I have this plugged into a 1394 cardbus and when I turn the drive on & check the "safely remove hardware" icon it shows the card & the lacie drive & the drive letter. However If I try to access the drive either at that location or in explorer...
February 10th 09 06:13 PM
by ironhorse99 Go to last post
0 145
VxD loader - failure message by jean gartner
I just bought a Intel core 2 Quad processor - with Microsoft Vista Home Premium loaded on it - and keep getting this message in 'Performance Info and Tools -- advanced tools - VxD loader error what does this do? How do I fix it - I am strictly an amateur and did buy a 3 year Insurance plan so shouldn't this be covered under my policy thanks for any help Jean
February 10th 09 06:19 PM
by jean gartner Go to last post

From The