A higher resolution? by Wide Eyed Nerd
When I was in Windows XP, I ran my resolution at 1600x1200 on a 19 inch monitor. To my dimay, I found that Windows Vista has locked me out this option. And this option, I really liked. How can I unlock this, so I can get back to the size I am used to? I have updated all my drivers, for both my monitor and my video card, but it doesnt let me use the full capacity of my hardware. Can I get...
December 20th 06 12:47 AM
by Wide Eyed Nerd Go to last post
4 230
Vista update by Mate
When the evaluation copy is near termination, will it be possible to upgrade to Vista Ultimate, I was running XP Pro, prior to evaluation copy. In other words, is it possible to save all your files etc. without a reinstall George ________________
December 20th 06 12:21 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
2 271
Windows Update driver download & installation issues... by Soft.
I Have the same problema when i try to update graphics card (optional) NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE for NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 05-08-2006 by "windows update" gives me the same error. CODE 8024AFFF "MMc-Face9" wrote: Having problems with trying to get the Intel 2200BG Mini PCI Card driver update via the update site (issue date: 14/06/2006). Need this driver update as without it no encryption...
December 19th 06 11:55 PM
by cmihm Go to last post
1 685
Faster external drives arriving--slowly by MICHAEL
http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6144673.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news By Stephen Shankland Staff Writer, CNET News.com Brace yourself: there are good odds another port will be popping up on new personal computers soon. This one is for eSATA, an external version of the technology that's used to connect hard drives inside the PC chassis. Unlike USB and FireWire, eSATA (short for...
December 19th 06 10:00 PM
by cvp Go to last post
6 317
Conexant HD Audio Driver problems by Matthew
I have a brand new HP Pavillion dv9035nr Media Center notebook that I have installed the final release version of Vista Ultimate on. Windows update downloaded and installed the 11/19/06 version of the Conexant HD audio driver but my audio still doesn't work. HP won't help me as they continue to insist the final release version of Vista is not available. ANY help appreciated!
December 19th 06 09:56 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 309
SiS AGP to PCI Windows Update and Aero and Headache by therealdeadman
Yes, I installed catalyst_8-31-100-3-2-1_vista32_rtm. I first uninstalled the previous one. I also used DH DriverCleaner to try and make sure most of the old stuff was gone. ----- Original Message ----- From: "JW" Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:21 AM Subject: SiS AGP to PCI Windows...
December 19th 06 09:37 PM
by therealdeadman Go to last post
0 248
which UPS to buy for vista final? by vista
i want to buy a non-known trademark usb line interactive ups. how do i know if it will work with vista? how do i know if vista will shutdown automatically after power loss. It has some software but it is for xp. will it be compatible with vista? do i need this software in vista? maybe vista itself can handle it? thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 06 09:03 PM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
11 498
Video Quality - NVidia Quadro FX 350M by Alex Sauceda
Hi Everyone, I have a Dell Precision M65 with a NVIDIA Quadro FX350M, I'm running Windows Vista RTM and something weird is happening with the video, when I'm at the office I normally dock my computer and use an external screen as my main screen and the laptop as secondary screen, the weird thing is that everything works fine, the Windows Aero Appearance works great, the problem starts when...
December 19th 06 07:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
9 211
UPS???? by Some guy in Kirkland
Where is the applet for configuring an UPS that would use USB or COM ports?
December 19th 06 06:11 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 460
Poor Battery Life by VA
I did a fresh install of Vista Ultimate (RTM from MSDN) on my 1 year-old Asus Z70VA notebook. Overall, the process went pretty well and I'm generally pleased with the new OS. However, the one big issue I am having is with battery life which has essentially been halved by Vista compared to what I was used to with XP. I used to get upwards of 3 - 4 hours with XP but with Vista it’s no...
December 19th 06 05:47 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 563
Trouble installing Vista Bluetooth drivers by test02
Hi guys! I have the following problem: I can't install my BT integrated controller in Vista RTM. My device is a CSR Bluetooth Adapter, connected via internal USB controller. It is supported by Vista's BT Stack because I can find the VID and PID in the bth.inf (found in Windows\inf dir). In this file I found the following code line: Toshiba Integrated Bluetooth 2 = ...
December 19th 06 05:35 PM
by test02 Go to last post
2 233
No CD/DVD burning facility in Vista by Dave S
Hi, I am having problems with one of my machines with Vista Home Premium installed (release version). I have a Sony CD/DVD rewriter but vista is not recoginising that it has Writing capablilty in Window media player 11 or in Windows Explorer. However the backup and restore program allows me to backup to it sucessfully. Vista has recoginised the drive as SONY DVD RW DRU-510A SCSI CdRom Device...
December 19th 06 08:05 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 224
Compatible TV card with Vista but not MC by Anders
My tv-card is compatible with Vista (Viewed in Vista compatibility guide) and it installed the driver for it. But I can´t use it with Media Center that followed the ultimate edition. Live Messenger and some other programs find my tv-card but the MC tells me that it can’t find a tv-card. The card (and driver) is a ASUSTeK TV7134 BDA Video Capture card. Is there coming some new drivers or...
December 19th 06 07:48 AM
by Anders Go to last post
3 182
Promise Ultra100TX2 by Carlo Razzeto
Hey there, I have a question about the Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE controller card. This is the only device I own (and require) that thus far there seems to be no driver available for. Does any one know where a driver might be found? I've heard that Windows XP64 supported it with a built in driver (makes me supprised microsoft ignored it for vista!), but I'm not sure where on the XP64 disk to...
December 19th 06 07:31 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
3 177
HP Laserjet 5MP on Parallel Port? by Bill Cohagan
I've just installed Vista Ultimate and am unable to get my LJ 5MP to work. It's on a parallel port. When I try to print a test page it just says "Error" in the printer queue window with no additional info. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot? TIA, Bill
December 19th 06 07:06 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 192
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150MCE on Vista? by Dave Hampson
Hauppauge shows Vista drivers for it on their site. Anyone using it yet? Is it worth paying the extra bucks for the 500 to get 2 tuners? I have a TV in the same room already, don't really need to record 2 things at once, and will be going to DirecTV as soon as we move to a house, hopefully in the next year. Comments, suggestions? Thanks,
December 19th 06 06:23 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
6 164
incompatible drivers by Piotr Wozniacki
Hi, When Vista starts, by pressing F8 you open a menu of starting options; one of them being about loading unsigned device drivers. How does it work - having chosen it, do I start Vista in a mode where I can install programs that attempt to install their own drivers, eg. Edius which always installs a lot of stuff to the DVD drive, causing it to disappear from the system? Or, after having...
December 18th 06 07:31 PM
by Piotr Wozniacki Go to last post
0 202
DVD drive issue by Allenjamieson
Hello I have been hving trouble ever since installing vist beta 2, after that, the dvd drive will not read DVD's while in vista (if thatmakes sense) it will boot from a dvd, will also read CD's but refuses to read from a DVD when i am in vista, i have removed the dvd from the Hardware in the controll panell and let windows reinstall it, but no luck, can anyone help? DVD drive is EMPREX 8x...
December 18th 06 07:27 PM
by Allenjamieson Go to last post
0 146
MS Wireless Mouse and Keyboard by Harry Sherman
(Vista Build 5600 32 bit) Downloaded and installed new Intellipoint/Intellitype programs (6.1). Works fine except for one minor annoying mouse wheel problem: When in newsgroups, one click of the wheel moves cursor bar four lines. I seem to remember in the previous version (5) there was an option to change to one line, but can't find it in the new version. What am I missing? And a little...
December 18th 06 01:50 PM
by Ray Go to last post
1 184
Vista does not recognise my DVD Drive no more! by kieran
Vista has been installed for about a week on my PC and it randomly will not acknowledge my DVD drive no more at all. It says that the driver instaled corretcly but is corrupt. I have not done anything that would have affected it. Anybody got any ideas about what to do?
December 18th 06 03:06 AM
by MikioK Go to last post

From The