USB Ports Gone by StevenBuske
I have an Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook. MY 4 USB ports just stopped working simutaneously one day. According to my computer they are enabled and working fine. There are no new updates and they dont work if I un-install and re-install them. I have tried a lot and do not know what to do.
May 31st 08 02:49 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
1 158
Error msg "windows could not detect a dial-up modem" when there is by Stevenospam
Vista Home Premium with all service applied. I have an ethernet adaptor installed and functioning. I installed a Agere Systems PCI-SV92PP win modem. The driver is at 2.1.74.0 (the latest). Device Manager properties for the device say it's good to go and diagnostics returns expected results from the AT commands. When I try to define the dial-up connection I get the "Windows could not...
April 26th 10 09:25 AM
by tarekmg Go to last post
3 483
Mouse IN System propertys by stevesmith
My mouse is stuck as I mentioned in earlier question What would be the best mouse too buy? If it doesn't work I'm throwing away Vista!
July 2nd 07 10:50 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 128
HP Officejet 7130 by SteveW
I have just got an all singing all dancing new PC to replace my aging system having waited for Vista. Everything is fine with my peripherals except for this expensive printer which I use a great deal there is going to be no Vista driver save the one bundled with the OS which is useless anyone got any suggestions as to how I can ever get functionality back i.e. duplexing, book printing and...
February 19th 07 11:55 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 173
No sound - Inspiron 6000 Laptop with Vista Ultimate by Steve[_44_]
Just installed Vista onto an Inspiron 6000 (Dell) and there appears to be no sound and no driver to get it going. Any ideas anyone? The sound device in this laptop is 'SigmaTel C-Major Audio' so I understand. Thanks a lot and Happy New Year
January 6th 09 02:23 PM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
2 204
DVD drive uninstalled?? by Steve[_54_]
Greetings: I'm running windows Vista on an HP Pavilion. Recently, I went to use my DVD ROM and discovered the icon was missing from "My computer"...... This happened before with XP, and with XP I removed the appropriate Upper and Lower filters in the registry, restarted, and all was well. I tried this with vista and the upper and lower filters were not present.
August 23rd 09 04:10 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
5 206
vista and pocket pc by steve_lynn
I have brought a new computer with vista home installed and it will not let me connect my pocket pc. I have tried everyway possible that i know i have the original disc for the pc, but it keeps telling me their is a conflict with vista. WHY?
January 2nd 08 12:25 PM
by Dominic Payer Go to last post
1 117
USB Drives not recognising (HD and PSP) by stevos
I'm have an issue with 2 external drives and my PSP (Type A). They are being installed but do not appear as a physical drive or removable storage. I'm using 2Gb of memory in a Asus P5ND2-SLI MB. I'm not using a USB hub and have tried different USB sockets and uninstalling and re-installing under device manager. All devices work fine under XP.
January 25th 07 11:17 AM
by stevos Go to last post
0 143
MS Mouse/USB by stewart a mc names
On my dell laptop the mouse now is frozen upon start-up. Re-installing IP32Eng6.20.182.0.exe did nothing. ? tia, stu
March 31st 08 03:31 AM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
2 220
Test by Stewart Berman
Test
January 14th 09 09:37 PM
by Stewart Berman Go to last post
0 256
Creative Modem Blaster PCI Value DI5652-1 by Stewart Berman
I had a machine running Windows XP Pro SP3 that I wanted to run Vista Ultimate on. Before I did that I ran the Vista Upgrade Advisor. It said: Hard disk free space "C:" Before installing Windows Vista, increase your hard disk space Your hard disk currently has 417.72 MB of free space. You need 15 GB of free hard disk space to install Windows Vista on this drive. Do one of the following:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 09 12:12 AM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
11 463
STTP: Which Bluetooth dongles work well in Vista? by Stewart Gordon
Hello, I'm new to this 'group. Using Windows Vista Home Premium. I've been searching the WWW for Bluetooth dongles. More or less all the ones I find claim to work with Windows XP among other versions, but don't mention Vista at all. A search on Google for "bluetooth dongle vista" brings up many forum posts from people who are having nightmares getting their devices to work. I would like...
May 6th 07 11:35 PM
by Stewart Gordon Go to last post
0 145
Explorer stops responding when CD inserted. by stewartl
I have a DVD+RW to which I was transferring pictures. No problem although it did have a problem with a couple of the files The disc was about 75% full (of 4.7G). Next time I put the disc in I got a loud whirring and the computer showed Explorer had stopped responding. That all I get - totaly unable to access the disc. Similar discs of the same type no probs?
October 12th 08 02:00 PM
by stewartl Go to last post
0 264
Sound (and brightness) not working, after Vista Upgrade by Stewb
I am using a laptop and I bought a vista upgrade edition. It installed fine but now neither the brightness changing nor the sound work at all. It says that there is no sound card installed. I went into devices and the driver for the sound card is worling fine. Does anyone know of a solution for this?
February 4th 07 02:45 PM
by Stewb Go to last post
0 278
ipod doesn't sync with Vista, but does with XP by Stewgull
I am using a Medion laptop, model MIM 2210, with Vista Home Basic. I have installed the latest version of iTunes, version 7.5 When I connect my iPod to my computer, it brings up a message in iTunes saying, "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 08 04:08 PM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
13 352
Double clicking required on more icons than should be by Stewie
HI, I have a new HP with Vista Home Premium preinstalled.I am having to double click on some icons when i should not have to(i think), an example is the back and forward arrow -but not all the time -sometimes one click does the trick,also sometimes I double click back, the page goes back,then forward again.Also when Iam in the Windows Media program there is no pointer at all visable on the...
June 4th 08 12:39 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 140
Caps Lock / Bloc Num problem by stewiggle
Whenever I press the Caps Lock or Bloc Num buttons, the keyboard gets disabled, and it doesn't work anymore.. I have to restart the system. I installed the last windows vista update few days ago, and also my touchpad now doesn't work (it's not a problem of drivers update), I don't know if this one can be the reason of the keyboard problem. Anyone has the same problems? Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 08 11:24 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
12 304
Microsoft precision racing wheel problem by Stick Stickus
Can anyone tell me if they have been able to get this wheel working correctly with Vista? I have tried but find that the left pedal does not map, so you are left with no brakes. What equivalent wheel would be recommended? Many thanks for any advice Regards Stick
January 3rd 08 01:24 PM
by zizovic Go to last post
1 129
Protax DV7000 by Stickus
Hi, This may be a long shot but has anyone been able to get the above DV camera to work with Windows 7? I am informed that there is software available for Windows Vista but as yet not been able to download from the manufacturers website, am awaiting a username and password for this.
December 29th 09 09:28 AM
by Stickus Go to last post
0 285
Protax DV7000 by Stickus
Hi, This may be a long shot but has anyone been able to get the above DV camera to work with Windows 7? I am informed that there is software available for Windows Vista but as yet not been able to download from the manufacturers website, am awaiting a username and password for this.
December 29th 09 09:28 AM
by Stickus Go to last post

From The