  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Driver for Cd/DVD-RW drive not working by grimface_87
My CD/DVD frive stopped working, and i got this error message in the properties: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) What's wrong?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 09 03:40 PM
by Malcolm S Go to last post
17 305
Vista does not see my CD/DVD drives any more HELP! by racerace
Greetings I am using windows Vista and I recently tried to use by CD/DVD, after inserting a disc into the drive, it failed to read so I tried to open the drive from my computer but it just came up with the message “insert disk into drive” I then opened my device manger in the control panel and the CD/DVD drive has the yellow triangle with ! mark. I then double clicked the icon which took me to my...
February 11th 09 02:17 PM
by racerace Go to last post
0 161
is it possible for one driver to be for both 32bit and 64bit OS? by James[_12_]
Is it possible for one driver to be intended for both 32bit and 64bit version of a Windows operating system? or are there *always* seperate 32 and 64bit versions?
February 13th 09 07:29 AM
by Noel Paton Go to last post
9 205
unable to use printer on vistas guest account by baspursfan
vista does not allow printer use on the guest account Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 12th 09 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
Hardware by Mtek
Hi, Was wondering if someone can help me with some specs, I'm a bit of a novice at this. Currently I have an Asus P5B with an AMD 2.2ghz and 2GB of RAM. I have the opportunity to change that to an Asus P5QL-CM with an Intel 2.8ghz (E7400) and 2GB of RAM. I'm curious if I'd notice a huge speed increase if I did this. I'd
February 13th 09 09:57 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 157
Vista Bus x64 cant use KVM by JRobere
I've got a new Dell Precision M4400 laptop with Vista Bus x64 on it and a StarTech 4-Port PS/2 KVM that I've used for years. Hanging off the KVM are a flat screen monitor, wireless MS mouse and Dell Keyboard which have all worked fine for a long time. The monitor always works fine for the M4400 through the KVM. If I plug the mouse and keyboard directly in to the M4400 they work fine.
February 14th 09 04:26 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
5 126
hope you guys like it by ewastudent
-- EWAstudent You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
February 13th 09 04:34 PM
by ewastudent Go to last post
0 110
No hibernation with 4+ GB RAM - why so hardcoded ? by Poutnik[_2_]
Hi, I think Microsoft made rather suboptimal decision, disabling hibernation for PC with 4+ GB RAM. I agree with argument performance is decreased, mostly due transfer times. But this time is automated and still *much* shorter, comparing to closing apps and manual state restoring.
February 14th 09 09:00 AM
by Poutnik[_2_] Go to last post
2 127
Blue screen by Sean
I have experienced the blue sceen twice now. I typed in the response in the search results and there were no results. Please send more info if possible. The result was: http://oca.microsoft.com/resdir.aspx?sid=13803Bucket=0xD1 MRVW147+35e30
February 14th 09 10:22 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 150
Additional SATA connection on MB by Elly[_3_]
My present motherboard has 2 internal SATA connections which I use for my C and D drives, I wish to add another one for a new DVD player, Question: Can this be accomplished by installing a special PCI card in a spare slot of my MB? What make do you recommend?
February 11th 09 07:14 PM
by Gary G. Little Go to last post
4 169
4Gb Micro SDHC by Val[_4_]
When I put my SDHC card into the removeable drive it does not recognize it. I have gone to my Devices - Disk Management everywhere and it says all drivers are up to date. Can anyone help me with this?
February 13th 09 10:36 AM
by ewastudent Go to last post
2 141
APC USB 2.0 file transfer cable won't by Paul
Any idea why this cable is not recognized by Vista (actually it sees it and starts trying to load the drivers, then says no compatible drivers found). Everything loaded fine on my XP system, but the Vista system refuses to recognize the driver. No luck finding an updated driver on the web and I've tried both a direct USB port from the motherboard and through a hub, all ports 2.0...
February 12th 09 03:46 AM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
4 159
Windows mobile device center won't sync with ipaq by pamc
Vista recognizes my device and I can browse the contents of my device. But it won't sync - When I try to sync it says "There is a problem with your connections. Please disconnect and reconnect your device and try again" I have done that many times in addition to reinstalling the Device Center and rebooting. my ipaq is "ancient" by today's standards - it's OS is Windows CE 4.2 but there is a...
February 10th 09 10:09 PM
by NavXman Go to last post
7 220
Ready Boost Flash Drive 4 gb from 8 gb Drive by Joel
Hello, I am using Vista 64 Home Premium with 8 gb ddr2 ram. I use an 8 gb flash drive formatted NTSF. The Readyboost cash is limitted to 4090 bytes. Why? Should I be able to use the full 8 gb? -- Joel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 10th 09 07:41 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
23 1,037
cannot connect to network kodak printer by larbec
I have a new Kodak printer and a new laptop but I cannot connect to the printer. When I search for it...it appears in my network but when I try to add it it says that it will not print to printer. I reloaded the software and it just sits there and searches for the printer. My wife has the *same new laptop* as I and hers will print so I know it is not the printer This is what the error...
February 11th 09 02:48 AM
by larbec Go to last post
3 194
Fault bucket 0xD1_bcmwl6+80cb, type 0 by Dustin
I regularly experience bluescreen events (once per day). The fault bucket is the same for all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Name Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\bcmwl6.sys (4.170.77.3, 1.15 MB (1,207,288 bytes), 12/26/2008 6:15...
February 11th 09 05:18 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
9 230
Dlink DWA-552 under Windows 7 - 64-bit by Administrator[_11_]
Hi, I've been having software driver problems with my Dlink DWA-552 under Vista. When I booted my Windows 7 64-bit partition, Windows effortlessly installed the correct driver set and I have no problems. I looked into this magic a bit further and discovered that Windows 7 had installed two drivers for my DWA-552, both from system32/drivers: athrx.sys by Atheros and
February 12th 09 12:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 199
LCD stuck pixels :( by TheCROW163
I just bought a brand new computer couple of weeks ago and today I noticed two stuck pixels on my brand new Samsung 2232GW screen!!! I know that in order to return it, it has to have 7 stuck pixels, so I gues I'm stuck with it.... The problem is that I tried massaging them, tapping and even hitting and shaking to no avail. I tried the softwares like UndeaPixels and JScreenfix but they don't work,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 09 04:51 PM
by TheCROW163 Go to last post
10 293
Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical mouse by Frank[_64_]
Hi, I am using a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse on my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1. When I click on the mouse program, I get the following message: Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology.
February 12th 09 05:21 AM
by Mollie Go to last post
1 163
PCI & PCI-e x1 by Scott
I recently purchased a TV card with PCI-e ax interface. The pin number is very small. Opening my desktop pc and found no PAC-e ax slot. The only available slot is PCI although there is PCI-e x16 slot that occupied by video card. Is there any way to use the TV card for this pc? Thanks, Scott
February 15th 09 02:16 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post

From The