Screen Resolution Problems by Stijn van der Heijden
Hello, Lats week in installed Vista on my laptop. However I have a problem with the screen resolution. When I put it on 800x600 I can see everything, however when i put it on it's native resolution, 1024x768, the size doesn't fit the screen the width is ok but the height is wrong. I did let windows check the drivers of the screen and of the videochips, all the latest drivers were...
March 4th 07 10:32 PM
by Stijn van der Heijden Go to last post
0 221
Cant Run with 4gb, also cant install KB929777 by Stilldawn
Hello, I just got a new machine. I have 4gb of ram (2 dual channel cossair 2gbs). Whats happen is, my computer wont load up Vista 64bit if I have all 4gb of ram in. The problem is it works fine with 2gb and Ive downloaded the KB929777 update, but vista wont let me install it with only 2gb Ram (says it doesn apply to my system) but the thing is I can even get into Vista to install the update...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 08 10:19 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
15 298
MS wireless laser desktop 6000v2 by stine
I just bought myself an acer aspire 5100 with vista home premium. At the same time i bought a wireless laser desktop 6000v2. I downloaded the newest drivers for the desktop from microsoft. But when i plug in the receiver for desktop the computer searches for a driver for the receiver but it can't find it anywhere!! what shall I do??
April 25th 07 10:52 PM
by cricket Go to last post
1 127
What is the latest Vista LifeCam software? by stocktiki
Confused by some weird changes in the LifeCam software. Hoping someone knows what is up. Few weeks ago, downloaded the latest LifeCam software from microsoft.com/hardware. For the VX-6000 (on Vista 32 bit/English), it was LifeCam 2.4. Now, however, if you visit microsoft/hardware, it says the latest software is LifeCam 2.04. Trying a few of the other models, LifeCam
January 30th 09 08:05 PM
by Frank Holman[_2_] Go to last post
6 191
basic optical mouse going berserk by stonegrinder
hello I have the microsoft basic optical mouse with the windows vista logo on it but when i use it at times the mouse jumps to the top of the screen and run back and forth uncontrolably what can I do to fix this problem i am runing vista basic thank you
February 19th 07 04:03 AM
by Conor Go to last post
4 202
Dropping of printers and unable to add by stoneoffal
I have a computer, on a corporate LAN, that had a printer locally installed and connected. That computer has now lost that printer, and each time that I click the 'Add a printer' button, I receive an error saying the 'Operation Failed' with an error number 0x000000a4. Searching for the error number brings up a blank. Any suggestions as to what is happening?
February 28th 08 10:06 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 192
USB Drive Sync by Stoney
Does anybody know how to synce my usb with some folders on my computer... vista business... When i start sync setup it opens windows media player, i turn off automatic sync but still will only open with media player. I want to sync data files, so i dont want to use media player tks
April 6th 07 07:48 AM
by tkj Go to last post
1 119
EFS... xp - vista by Stoney
Hi, I encrypted some folders\files, on xp pro. But when I tried to decrypt them the encryption came off, but I still couldnt open files. I dont have permissions to move, view, copy. I took ownership of the file, gave permissions to myself but still no good. Now i've gone to vista without thinkin of this problem. so now i'm an alltogether new user, I kind of understand EFS, so I know it's...
April 9th 07 10:20 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
1 157
Drives by Stoney E. Whitaker
Would someone please explain to me what 'J' and 'K' drives are when using a jump drive. How does it work? 'J' drive appears only when the drive is plugged in and sometimes I get a 'disc drive' which is called 'K' drive right along with it. Thanks. -- Stoney E. Whitaker
January 21st 10 02:17 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 408
Problem with Video Card by stoopidslightly
Today I decided to upgrade to Vista and am a little surprised to find out that now it won't recognize my 128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200 video card. The computer says that I am using a standard VGA card, but I am not, and this seriously makes my screen look horrible. I'm really a little bit upset by this, all of the upgrade utilities said I was fine for upgrading to Vista Home Premium. ...
April 1st 07 08:32 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 104
ATI All In Wonder Support - TV Tuner by Storm Archer
I have a ATI All In Wonder X1900 PCIE cards. The AIW has a built in TV Tuner. Does anyone know when either the Media Center will support this device for TV or when ATI will release drivers and software for support? Thanks! Storm
February 1st 07 01:27 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 151
Printer Drivers Support 32bit vs. 64bit by Storm Archer
I am looking for a little help on a printer driver. I have a Canon Photo Printer (CP710). The driver is only available for 32bit operating systems. Any tips on being able to use a 32bit printer driver on Vista 64? Thanks! Storm
January 27th 07 12:39 AM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
6 150
Trust Optical Mouse MI-2540D by storm101m
I have just bought a Trust Optical Mouse MI-2540D , however it will not install properly and fails to find any drivers. The product is supposed to be USB Vista compatible and should pick up the generic vista drivers as the company do not supply any specific drivers for it. Any help greatly appreciated.
March 29th 08 02:22 PM
by storm101m Go to last post
0 175
5 in 1 card reader by stormchaser77
hi i have a 5 in one card reader on my aacer aspire 3680 laptop. A virus got into my compter and crashed it. almost all my features were removed. the dvd decoder and the built in card reader stopped working. does anybody know how i can fix that. im have a hard time getting any answers from the accer website?
February 4th 08 03:57 AM
by Ashton Crusher[_2_] Go to last post
1 208
Ports by stormy
When I open device manager, there isn't a ports section anymore. I need to get to my COM port properties. HELP!
August 26th 07 06:16 PM
by stormy Go to last post
0 306
USB Flash Drive doesn't work by Stoyan O.
My Transcend JetFlash V60 doesn't work on my recently installed Windows Vista SP1. When I plugged it for the first time it installed correctly (except that the AutoPlay dialog didn't appear). When I try open it the following message is diplayed: "You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it." and when i click Format it tells me that it's write protected. That didn't happen...
July 1st 08 04:50 PM
by Stoyan O. Go to last post
0 163
Finger pad on laptop won't work for scrolling up or down by StraightShooter
Usually, when I drag my finger up or down the side of the pad, it will scroll up or down a certain page, but it doesn't do that anymore. How would I go about fixing it?
April 6th 08 03:08 AM
by jeremy85 Go to last post
1 204
Freezing with diagonal lines XFF GeForce 7900 Ultimate 64 bit by Stratos
I have a XFX GeForce 7900 GT running on an A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB with AMD 4800+ dual core, 250 gb Maxtor Serial ATA HD. Installed Vista Ultimate 64bit I am getting periodic freezes that leaves my display locked up in a Green or blue diagonal pattern. The only way to get out is to hard reboot. Anyone have this problem? Wondering if it is a Video Card or MB issue. This is very frustrating
February 3rd 07 06:59 AM
by Stratos Go to last post
0 167
Problems with WiFi and S/W on refurb notebook with 64-bit Vista by Stratum
I recently purchased a refurbished HP Pavilion dv9000 (RP250UA#ABA) notebook computer from eCost.com with 64-bit Vista Ultimate on it. I am experiencing several problems both hardware and software related, and would like to know if others are experiencing similar issues and if they were able to solve the problem(s). Problem #1 ==========
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 07 03:12 PM
by Brian Go to last post
14 203
VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem! by STRiLLiONE
I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC. Problems: 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center Contents and play DVD. 2. NO SOUND. Any Solutions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 25th 08 10:43 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post

From The