network problem by Igor Deriev
Vista RTM can't establish correct Internet connection through ADSL (Ethernet) modem. Also it says everything is all right (Local and Internet) I can't enter any Web site or even ping modem itself. Could somebody help me? ADSL: D-Link DSL-300T NIC: Intel Pro/1000 PL
December 15th 06 04:41 PM
by Igor Deriev Go to last post
7 220
Bluetooth kb & mouse on a new Inspiron 9400 laptop by dnegre
Hi everyone, I've been playing with Vista this past week and had awful problems with bluetooth support. Speciffically one of the most anoying problems I'm having is that when I get my mouse and kb to get detected by Vista, and ANY kind of error pops out in the screen, they automatically disconnect, there seems to be a conflict between the video drivers and the mouse when they set the screen...
December 15th 06 02:36 PM
by dnegre Go to last post
0 169
Problem with hard drive sata detection vista by petitwu
Hello, I've installed Vista RTM. I have 2 hard drive with 2 partition on both I recently change the size of the partitions for the SATA hard drive (the other one is IDE) My problem is that the SATA hard drive is well detected (i can see it in the hard drive of hardware management of panel control) but vista tell me that it have detected new hardware and ask if i want to look for a driver, a...
December 15th 06 07:36 AM
by petitwu Go to last post
0 166
Cant get Motorola USB modem to install by tdawg
So, i have a motorola razr v3 and mobile phone tools that came with the phone. Everything worked on XP. Im trying to install it to get it to work on vista. But when i connect to the computer, i get the following error.... "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Motorola USB modem
December 15th 06 04:29 AM
by Hong Go to last post
5 215
can't format dvd by martind
I am dual booting with xp pro and vista ultimate (5744). When I try to format a DVD-rw the process goes near the end and then you get a message, can't format DVD. However, the same disk formats fine in XP. Any suggestions?
December 15th 06 02:16 AM
by martind Go to last post
2 203
Vista RTM and ASRock DUAL 939 SATA2 by Davide
Hi, i've just installed vista with upon this motherboard. 2 problems: 1) agp driver are not correct and don't permit to install ati catalyst driver. To solve the problem i downloaded agp driver for vista of the asrock motherboard DUAL 939 VSTA directly from the ASrock site. Now works great even with games. 2) Network problem: i use to connect to internet the embended LAN port of
December 15th 06 01:56 AM
by peter Go to last post
6 215
Logitech Bluetooth Receiver by Jone
hello! i'm newbie here and... my logitec mx 5000 bluethoot receive works ok, but... i cant install setpoint software... restart and vista remove software :( keyboard and mouse work, only hotkeys not. "Dr. Gonzo" wrote: Please do not take my disagreement as an insult. Logitech is entitled to create a proprietary bluetooth stack, and after reading around their
December 14th 06 11:13 PM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
1 266
MS wireless laser 6000 mouse by Alan
Have tried the above mouse on RC1, it does work fine on native drivers though you cant install Intellipoint so it does not have full functionality! However it does seem to prevent the screensaver from working which is a bit annoying as the pc is on 24/7. Has anyone come across this problem? Any fixes? Thanks Alan
December 14th 06 10:41 PM
by GreggP Go to last post
4 421
Cannot burn audio CDs by Paul
Media player and nero go through the process of burning the CD and there are no errors. However, when i try and play the disc in any machine its not recognised and there's nothing on it. Any ideas? How can i check if the problem is hardware or software related?
December 14th 06 10:34 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 251
System Freeze then Hard Reset when accessing DVD drive - No STOP message by William
I am having an issue with Vista when i access my DVD drive. The system will lock up (freeze) not responing to any mouse or keyboard input,
December 14th 06 09:12 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 223
Vista: Audio edit tool to alllow Send/Recv non-PCM data by
Hi There, Any one can help to find a tool which allow send/record non-PCM audio data to an end-point device? My exist tools using Audio Mixing Mode, so, Vista driver add a digital filter on it. It does not work any more. The must need to allow audio device be in 'Exclusive Mode' .. Thanks in advance.
December 14th 06 05:06 PM
by Go to last post
0 281
No STOP message - System Freeze then Hard Reset when accessing DVD drive? by William
I am having an issue with Vista(6.0.6000) when i access my DVD drive with my Dell system. (Desktop Dimension 9150, with _NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A ATA Device) Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6000.16386, 65.50 KB (67,072 bytes), 02/11/2006 08:51) The system will lock up (freeze) not responing to any mouse or keyboard input, then eventually reset back to the BIOS.
December 14th 06 12:38 PM
by William Go to last post
2 237
Convert drive from NTFS to FAT32 in Vista by markusallen
I'm trying to convert an NTFS drive to FAT32, but when I try to format, NTFS is the only option available. My Drive is 120GB. How can I reformat in FAT32?
December 14th 06 10:07 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
5 683
Asrock 939NF4G-SATA2 - Vista RTM Freezing on Expanding Files!! by Rua
I have just about given up now trying to install this Vista thing! I could install it no problem on my Mrs's pc ( which is an old pc ), where as mine it always freezes on 'Expanding Files'. Sometime at 1%, 4%, 6%, 7% and 8%. What the hell is going on? My system is all newish parts as follows... AMD 3000+ 64bit 939 CPU. Asrock 939NF4G-SATA2 Motherboard. NVidia 256Mb Gfx card. 600Gb of Hard Drives.
December 14th 06 10:07 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 295
soundcard :Terratech Xfire 1024 driver? by Jone
problem :( cannot find driver... and xp 32 & 64 driver not working ideas?
December 14th 06 10:05 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 206
Gameport on Creative SBLive sound card by Eran
Hi, I have a Creative SBLive sound card (PCI). Vista installed the sound drivers ok, but generates an error when it tries to install the Gameport driver for the gameport (15-pin) that is on the card. Any suggestions? Vista error details are below for two scenarios I tried. Device manager accepts it if I select "Unsupported Game Port for Creative", but that doesn't help since I can't use the...
December 14th 06 05:07 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 1,041
Syncing with devices by Andrew Bryson
Ok, I can't seem to sync with my mobile Treo 700 or my digital camera. It's very strange, they show up in my Devices list just fine. I even do the "Test" with the camera and it works great. My phone does not show up under mobile devices and my camera does not show up when I attempt to import pictures. This happens on my laptop and my desktop so I'm at a loss... Andrew
December 14th 06 03:42 AM
by Andrew Bryson Go to last post
0 186
TEST by Jack Wang
TEST
December 14th 06 02:59 AM
by Nancy Ward Go to last post
1 384
Radeon X1950Pro / NTativrv01 ? / Please Help! by Paul
I just installed a new ATI Radeon X1950Pro videocard, with their latest "catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rtm" drivers, and now I have a "NTatvrv01" device showing at the Device manager as "Other Devices" with a question mark icon that I don't know what it means, and I don't know what should I do? I'll appreciate any help regarding this matter. Thanks in advance, Paul.
December 14th 06 01:30 AM
by Daniel Lapointe Go to last post
5 222
High Hardware Interrupts by Paul Miller
Can someone please help!!! I am running a Compaq Centrino Duo using the Vista RTM and am having a problem with one of the CPU's getting tied up dealing with hardware interrupts. I have followed the tips in the forums, checked the controllers, disabled everything I can and still, after an hour or so of switching on, the interrupts go sky high on one CPU.
December 14th 06 01:12 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The