ATI Radeon x1600 Pro PCI-e on X64 5384 by SUAT
Hello. The ATI drivers for Vista RC1 is a real sorrow for my Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB graphics RAM AGP 8x, too. It gives 4 bit color horizontal stripes during booting such that I cannot see anything on screen. After waiting a couple of minutes I type in my password blindly and press enter. I then see the desktop. But I cannot open Control Panel nor Device Manager to uninstall the ATI...
September 28th 06 03:34 PM
by JonK Go to last post
1 257
Mouse problems with Vista by [email protected]
I too have same problems with Optical maouse . My Machine is a acer Aspire laptop with Acer Model#1048 Mouse. Can some body help.
December 21st 07 08:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 99
MAXTOR ONETOUCH III MINI EDITION External HD Problem by Sudsy
I have been using this external hard drive for several months with no problem. This week I started receiving errors stating my back up failed. When I checked the system was trying to back up to D Vista Recovery Drive. When checking my computer-the external hard drive is not listed. I have checked everything I can per the instructions on the Seagate website. My system states the drivers...
July 12th 09 06:32 PM
by kevvyb Go to last post
3 272
Sony Handicam not recognised by SUE
Hi Hope some can help? I have a Sony Mini DV Handycam, when I plug it into a usb port computer cannot see it I thought vista picked up all usb devices. Am confused please help! Sue
May 12th 08 02:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 177
New hardware not detected by Sue
Hi, I am trying to install a usb wireless modem on my Vista Home laptop. When I first attached the device, the hardware manager detected it, but as the recommended manufacturer's install is to load the software first, I selected "Try again later" (or similar) when the box popped up. The software is installed but now the machine is not "seeing" the modem at all. I've been to the control panel...
June 6th 08 01:29 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 238
External Hard Drive Buffalo Drivestation Vista will not pick it up by Sue
Hi There I have Vista Premium. I purchased a Buffalo Drivestation (500gb) Buffalo say it is Vista Compatible but my computer does not recognize it. Plugged it into my XP machine and that was fine. Anyone know what I am doing wrong vista picks up my other external drives ok. Any help would be appreciated as I have tried everywhere for a drive but to no avail. Sue
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 08 09:47 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
18 354
HP LaserJet 2300d by Sue
Can someone help me to find driver for HP LaserJet 2300d for Vista?
February 9th 07 10:08 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
8 202
Windows Vista Ultimate continuous beep on boot by SueG
Hi everyone - here's hoping you can help!. I have a Windows Vista (Ultimate SP 1) Hp Pavilion Desktop (Intel Core duo CPU/3gb Ram/ Bios American Megatrends Graphics 512 mb Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT) which yesterday suddenly produced a long continuous beep on booting with an hourglass in a dark screen and would go no further. I am able to get into Safe mode and have run some HP Diagnostics which...
August 9th 08 11:05 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
7 294
Wanting to connect my moto c650 by Sui Daniel
I want to transfer music to my Motorola c650 phone. Does anyone know how to (where) get the apropiately driver for that? Thanx .. I expect so many answers ;)
September 17th 07 09:15 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 112
Blu-Ray drive sporadically disappears by Sukasa
For some annoying reason, the Blu-Ray disk drive in my stock HP dv9847ca Notebook (1 month old, so still within warranty) seems to have an odd habit of sporadically disappearing on me - it won't show up in explorer, nor device manager. It does, however, show up in BIOS. The problem I have is that the drive itself seems to have power/etc, and when it -is- showing, it works fine, and only ever...
October 2nd 08 04:11 AM
by Sukasa[_2_] Go to last post
3 263
Unable to change Screen Resolution by Sulaiman
Hi I recently installed Vista Ultimate. I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1280x1024. When i select the option to set to 1280x1240 my screen goes black and not able to resolve the screen resolution. I am using a Gigabyte 17inch CRT monitor. Please assist as it appears as i am a bit blind with the big resolution i am currently using. My XP partition is running perfectly at...
August 2nd 08 06:20 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
2 231
Screen Resolution by Sulaiman
Hi I am unable to set my screen resolution to 1280x1024. I am using the latest nVidia Drivers for graphics card and the display is working at that setting when using XP. The monitor drivers that I am using is the Generic Non-PnP monitor drivers and it does not allow me to select a refresh rate of 60Hz when I change resolution settings on PC.
December 28th 08 06:56 AM
by Sulaiman Go to last post
7 297
Wireless Mouce & Keyboard won't wake computer by Sullosar
Howdy folks. So, I'm having a problem, been having it since I built this new computer with Vista on it. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse combo, Microsoft Wireless Desktop 4000 I think. However, when the computer goes to sleep for more than around an hour or so, it seems to cut off power to the usb wireless controller. All the lights go off, and the mouse and keyboard will not wake up the...
February 16th 08 05:39 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 149
USB Flash Driver by sumit wani
I have recently upgraded my OS from win XP to Vista (32 bit) Since then i am not able to use USB Flash drive. It appears the USB Mass Storage Driver is having problem. When i see system information it shows usbstor as stopped. Can any bady please help?
November 14th 07 04:58 PM
by sumit wani Go to last post
0 113
Wireless MIcrosoft mouse eats up battries n a day by sumitdutta
hi.. I have original Microsoft wireless keyboard 700 Model 1060 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 70 Model 1061 bundled together in one pack... Bought it a year ago.:huh: The problem is that both of thyem worked perfectly fine on Xp with minimum respective battery consumption... , but since I started using vista.., the mouse eats up battries like anything:sarc:... Its been a month since I have started...
May 28th 09 06:09 PM
by sumitdutta Go to last post
0 274
laptop wireless problems by SUMO
Hi All, I can no longer access my wireless connection on my Fujitsu Siemens 2735 laptop. I used to be able to use the hotkey Fn + F1 to switch between wired and wireless but along with the other hotkeys it no longer works, has there been any Vista Premium updates that either replace the hotkeys or any known conflicts? Any help would be appreciated - Sumo
May 1st 09 06:52 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 299
USB External Floppy Disk Drive-New Purchase Recommendation by sundance799
I need to purchase a USB 3.5 inch external floppy disk drive to transfer files from from my old computer, which is running Windows 98, to my new computer running Vista Home Premium. The external floppy disk drives I've looked at on NewEgg.com all support versions of Windows up to Vista but not including Vista. I do not want to deal with driver problems so I'm doing this research up front. ...
February 7th 08 09:10 PM
by Dave[_15_] Go to last post
6 131
Can you use XP drivers on Vista? by SunDay
I'm sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, which it probably is, but if it is I didn't find it. I was thinking of trying Vista, but since I play a lot of games and so, I want to know that there are drivers out there and working for Vista. Since there are no drivers on the manufacturers homepages (nVidia for example...), I was wondering if it's possible to use Windows XP...
October 16th 06 04:46 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
3 164
Trouble with Vista 64bit Drivers by SunLollyKing
Hey i'm thinking of updating to vista 64bit, but i can't seem to get any drivers for my processor or motherboard. I was just wondering how this would affect my performance of vista, and if there was any support microsoft were offering. My motherboard is a A8S-X SiS Socket 939 ATX Motherboard manufactured by ASUS. I'm using a dual core Athlon Amd 3800+. Any help on tracking down vista drivers...
February 1st 07 09:32 PM
by Bryan Foster Go to last post
1 147
hard disk partitioning by Sunny Jacob
Hi, I've just bought a laptop from hp with an 80 gb hard disk and windows Vista. I want to partition the hard drive into 2 drives... around 40 gb each, but the built-in partition program only lets me great a partition around 5gb....?!?! I've been told that i can use a third party software to achieve the desired result, but then i need to repair vista using the setup disk...
April 30th 07 03:48 PM
by Sunny Jacob Go to last post

From The