ATI Mobility X1300 -- Display resolution drops when waking up from sleep. by Adam Conde
Occasionally, when I wake my notebook up from sleep, the display resolution drops from 1680x1050 to 1024x768. I then need to go into display setting and change the resolution back to 1680x1050. I have the latest Vista drivers from ATI. Any ideas? Adam Conde
December 9th 06 08:48 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 244
RTM and dual monitors by Dan Bachrach
I am running Vista Ultimate RTM, on a Dell Latitude D820 laptop (in a docking station) with the nVidia mvs Quadro 120 card. While I understand that nVidia hasn't released a driver for my card yet and that I may be waiting eons for them to do so, I still can't get the system to work correctly on two monitors. Sometimes it shows up on two monitors, but more often than not it doesn't. Has...
December 9th 06 06:50 PM
by P Cause Go to last post
1 203
MCE Remote stopped working on Windows Vista Ultimate RTM by Billy Reynolds
As the subject suggests, I have installed my complimentary copy of Ultimate for being an active beta tester, I have a MCE remote set that I used on XP MCE and at first it worked great with the Media Center Edition in Vista. Then it suddenly stopped working, I can't find it in the system hardware list to try to remedy this. I have a sneaking suspicion Microsoft have deliberately disabled the...
December 9th 06 03:48 PM
by Gerry Go to last post
1 201
Wireless usb card that works with Vista RTM by fpsoft
I have a USRobotics 5422 usb wireless network card, i have contacted usrobotics about Vista support and they have told me: "We do not have Windows Vista drivers for any US Robotics devices until the OS is released retail. This product is not supported on Windows Vista.". Accepted this, does anybody know a usb wireless card that works with Vista RTM?
December 9th 06 03:17 PM
by Gumarx Go to last post
2 182
Error i get when installing dvd writer by Tdawgx
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is teh first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates....
December 9th 06 03:11 PM
by Bcs4 Go to last post
1 203
vista don't recongize 4 gigs of system memory by Evert
I have a similar case: 4GB of RAM on an ABIT AB9 Pro motherboard. BIOS sees 4GB, WinXP Pro sees 4GB, but Vista RC2 sees 'only' 3326 MB... Regards, Evert "geo85706" wrote:
December 9th 06 11:50 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 141
page_fault_in_non_paged_area by R.Demandt
I have installed windows vista ultimate (dutch) onto my hp nc6220 laptop, everytime I connect my PCMCIA firewire card to the laptop I get a BSOD: "page_fault_in_non_paged_area" Any solutions?
December 9th 06 09:04 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 159
iPod by James Minns
Hi, Anyone installed iPod/iTunes with Vista? I get an unrecognized device and the driver can't be found, on original cd, windows update or even installing the latest iTunes Thanks for any ideas, James
December 9th 06 05:12 AM
by gadgeteer Go to last post
2 344
ATI Radeon 9550 Video Card 8x AGP 256MB DDR? by GT
ATI Radeon 9550 Video Card 8x AGP 256MB DDR I've been looking at the system requirements for Ati Radeon 9500 on Ati/AMD website, retail, website and notice that it does not display any Power supply requirements. My system has 200 watts with Ati 9200 128mb memory. Anyone Know the Power supply requirements for Ati Radeon 9550 Video Card? Can i run Ati Radeon 9500 on my system? will the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 06 02:47 AM
by JW Go to last post
15 460
Nvidia Cards on Vista x64 (RTM) by CJM
I've just build myself a new high-end PC including a 7900GTO gfx card. I dabbled with XP Pro but had a few graphical problems so I thought I'd install Vista (rtm) instead, whcih I did. At first, everything looked OK, but when I started using more demanding applications (i.e. 3D games) I encountered some artifacting and distortion. Particularly in Battlefield 2, Civililzation IV, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 06 12:56 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
18 416
Vista RC1 wont detect Nova-T PCI by Mathew Lawson
Hi all I installed Vista RC1 and it would not detect my Nova-T PCI card. Thinking its a hardware fault I uninstalled vista and put XP back on and the card worked fine. I then put vista back on and again it didnt detect it. So I manually tried to install the drivers. I managed to get the Hauppauge Wintv 88x TS Caputre driver installed fine after many BSOD but nothing else has been detected.
December 9th 06 12:56 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
5 187
Pioneer dvr710 not working wiht vsta, please help by Tdawgx
so, i have updated to wndows vista ultmate. Heres my problem, i have a brandnew pioneer dvr710. If its connected when windows boots up, i get the bluescreen of death. But if i disconnect it, everything runs find. So i cant even install the firmware cause i cant connect it. The drive is set at slave and my HD set as master. Its connected threw IDE. Please help p.s., how do i make the icons...
December 8th 06 08:19 PM
by DCR Go to last post
1 175
DVD & DVB Driver by Graham
Hi, 1) I was able to install Vista using my Pioneer DVD/RW drive. After rebooting the PC my device manager says it is unable to load the device driver 2) My Digital Tuner was working under Windows XP. I have tried installing using the setup program and manually installing the drivers, but won't install the drivers (Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 06 05:49 PM
by hjl Go to last post
11 333
kc-180 based USB infrared device driver by Miroslav Pragl
Hello, have two USB IrDA interfaces (GrandTec and KC Technology) based on KC-180 chip. Unfortunately drivers come as "irxpress.exe" which would most likely sc.ew Vista up. Anyone here making this HW work in Vista? Miroslav P.S. linux driver is "irda-usb" and obviously works immediately :/
December 8th 06 03:39 PM
by federico Go to last post
1 180
Medion TV-Tunercard doesn't work with Media Center by tdba
"deeppurple1998" wrote: My Medion TV-Tunercard ( Medion TV-Tuner 7134 MK2/3 + Medion (7134) WDM Video Capture ) doesn't work with Media Center. Thanks in advance for a solution ! deeppurple1998
December 7th 06 07:10 PM
by tdba Go to last post
0 186
Intel Lakeport drivers by mdl
Looking for Intel Lakeport WDDM drivers caint seem to locate on Intel's site. I was advised to choose an intel video card when updating to this driver but lakeport isnt an option in the list....( rc1 5600 ) Maybe someone could e-mail it to me ....( tried a google but no results for a download link) thanx in advance
December 7th 06 05:31 PM
by mdl Go to last post
3 180
Help! by Chris Mattison
This is going to be kind of hard to explain, but if some of you geeks out there could help me, please post to this! I have... One modem, hooked right into a router that acts as the DHCP server. This router wirelessly transmits network connections and internet to a single computer...this system works fine and is not in question. This router is wired (which can act as a hub, but isn't) to a hub...
December 7th 06 02:21 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
8 460
DVDRW missing by pbw
Pioneer DVR-K15 ATA shows in device mgr with message that drivers can't be loaded. Seems like a pervasive problem with Vista. MS needs to address this unless I am missing something. Have read earlier posts but don't see any answers yet except for a rather complicated fix involving the registry.
December 7th 06 11:53 AM
by Robert G Go to last post
1 168
DVD Writer and CD Drive stopped working (Code 37) by Robert G
Running Vista RTM for a week. Now both of my DVD/CD drives are no longer showing up as drives in Windows explorer. In device manager they both show with a Yellow ! sign and the status message "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)". I have tried uninstalling the drivers and searching for new drivers. Each time I get the same results. I ran the "Check...
December 7th 06 11:43 AM
by Robert G Go to last post
3 168
Memstick Problem by Terry Zhong
I have an old 32M memstick, when I insert it into my laptop cardreader with as an admin, ok, driver installed and data can be seen. Anyway when I logon as a user, Vista prompted me the 2nd time to install driver... OK I typed an admin password and driver installed and... well, the disk is "empty". No data can be seen. For security reasons I didn't write any data on that "blank" disk in order...
December 7th 06 10:31 AM
by Terry Zhong Go to last post

From The