PDA! by Brian
Hi, Does anyone have any info on syncronising a mobile device running WM5 with Outlook, my device is recognised but will only sync with media player. I have searched all over microsoft without any luck, and have not seen it mentioned on any forums, all replies welcome, thanks. Regards Bri@n Buy this man a BEER!
May 21st 07 10:24 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 324
Vista stopped ecognizing USB Flash or USB hub by Brian
I have been using Vista 4 mos. successfully plugging in my USB hub and flash drives. Today I installed a 3rd gb of ram and the OS now doesn't recognize specific USB devices that previously worked. This is for 64bit vista
April 26th 07 06:16 AM
by Brian Go to last post
3 163
Soundblaster Live! 24-bit Problems by Brian
Currently, with the most updated drivers from Windows Update and from Creative's website, the sound that comes out of my computer is, what can only be described as slow, and the tone oscillates. I have already checked speaker connections and the like and this is not the issue. The sound issue even seems to slow down things that depend on sound or must syncronize with sound. The simplest...
April 22nd 07 11:08 PM
by rapierau Go to last post
6 163
Every USB device plugged in isn't automatically installed by Brian
All devices previously plugged in and working have ceased being recognized by Windows Vista x64. What is the solution so that I won't have to point to "driverstore" everytime I unplug a usb device that was functioning and plug it in again SYMPTOMS of PROBLEM: Whenever a usb device is plugged in, a prompt is displayed allowing 3 choices:
November 11th 07 07:11 AM
by Donna Buenaventura Go to last post
1 120
Sound Quit Working 'Failed to Play Test Tone' by Brian
My sound (Creative SB X-fi Plat) quit working in Windwos Vista SP1 64 bit for no apparent reason. If you check the internet this seems to be a very common problem for users. Symptoms: Everything appears fine (Device Manager shows audio drivers working, Speaker Icon shows Creative SB X-Fi device is installed and working) I tried to install KB937077 but it doesn't apply to my system.
July 10th 08 11:31 AM
by Brian Go to last post
2 149
Lifecam Drivers For Vista? by Brian
Are there any beta drivers for the LifeCam 3000 and Windows Vista? I have Vista Enterprise (upgraded for work and testing) and I need the Lifecam to work. I can't really wait for a general release in January. Thanks!
December 18th 06 01:05 AM
by Brian Go to last post
4 188
Formatting DVD "calculating time remaining" by Brian
Hi all, I have a dell xps and having problems formatting DVDs... when I insert them and choose to make a disc using explorer, I am prompted for disc title for formatting the blank disk. Click ok and the message "calculating time remaing " appears and never goes away. Any ideas as without this I dont know how to get office 2007 cd burned and installed (legit download from MSDN!). Is there...
December 1st 06 08:32 PM
by Brian Go to last post
2 197
Plextor 755a dvd writer can't write in vista by Brian
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with the plextor 755 in vista. Reads fine, but fails on writing of either cd or dvd media. I have an asus a8n sli deluxe mb. i'm using the nfroce sata controller for my devices.
February 25th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 128
Screen darkens when in battery mode by Brian
I just took my new Dell Inspiron 1420 out of the box yesterday, the OP is Vista Home Premium. The screen's brightness is great when the computer is plugged into the A/C adapter. But when I unplug the computer from the wall and use the battery the screen darkens up quite a bit, to the point that it's difficult to read. I changed the battery plan brightness level and that didn't work. I've...
July 29th 08 03:26 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 185
Problem caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver by Brian
Hello, I have a HP DV9500 and my computer shuts down while on windows vista. I get the following error: Problem caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver This problem was caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver. This program was created by NVIDIA Corporation. NVIDIA Corporation does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Recommendation
February 4th 08 06:33 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 120
hp 4570c Scanjet by Brett
Windows Photo Gallery profile offers "tma" (transparent media adapter) option, but if i scan a slide, it just scans the entire underside of the tma fixture, like it's not really recognizing that it's looking for ONLY the slide. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe the HP scanner driver isn't talking to Windows correctly? -- Brett
November 30th 07 11:13 PM
by Brett Go to last post
0 176
External USB Hard Drive Not recongized anymore by Brett
I have not updated anything in my computer in 2 weeks (12/5/07 was the last Windows Update I did). Today I just noticed that my "H" drive which is an external Maxtor USB HDD is no longer being "read" like an NTFS disk. This disk had data on it before and was formatted as an NTFS disk; however, currently it says it can't read it, and if I connect it, it asks me if I want to format the...
December 22nd 07 02:55 PM
by Brett Go to last post
1 104
Compatible wireless card? by Brett
I'm running Vista Ultimate RTM. I tried installing an ASUS WL-138g wireless PCI card but it wasn't found by Vista. The latest drivers from ASUS are dated 3/8/2005. The box says support for XP and doesn't mention Vista. I ordered the card and didn't know. It seems this card is completely incompatible with Vista. Does any one know of a PCI wireless card that works with...
February 4th 07 02:33 AM
by vista Go to last post
4 209
Reinstallation of Vista, cant find drivers by bret
I had to reinstall Vista Ultimate 64 because I was having troubles with it. After the clean install. Windows cannot find drivers for my USB 2.0 Card, USB Wireless card and my USB HD TV Tuner. All of these devices had their drivers discovered by windows originally. No matter what i do windows cannot find drivers for these. Does anybody know what i should do
March 22nd 08 01:34 PM
by DanR Go to last post
5 198
No Video when importing by Bret
I am using a firewire connection. I can control the camcorder with the controls from the program but am not recieveing any video or audio into the program. The video and audio plays on the camcorder. HELP PLEASE
March 6th 07 02:33 PM
by Bret Go to last post
2 205
IDE Drive in Enclosure by Brent Rogers
I just replaced my 80GB drive in my laptop with a 160GB Drive. Most of the software I am re-installing from the installation media. However I still want access to my files and other s/w on my old drive. As such I purchased an IDE HDD USB enlcosure for my old drive. However when I plug it in the drive just makes a regular light buzzing sound. Any Ideas on what I can do to be able to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 09 07:07 AM
by David Vair Go to last post
28 551
My Screen Saver Won't Activate by Brent
My screen saver will not turn on. I downloaded the update that fixes the glitch when you have a mouse or keyboard pluged in so the screen saver turns on. But now I have my laptop pluged into my TV via VGA cable, but now my screen saver won't turn on., Is there anything I can do to fix this?. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard pluged in but I don't know if that will prevent it from...
August 13th 07 09:49 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 104
How to get Promise TX2300 (and other?) Vista Drivers (Beta) by Brent
If you use Promise technology's eSupport to ask about vista drivers, you'll get a reply saying there are no beta drivers. This is not true. Instead, call 408-228-1400 Opt#:4 and ask about them. I did this yesterday (Jan 30 2007) and they emailed me the following: TX2300 Vista DTM 2.06.0.324 Hope this helps.
January 31st 07 03:59 PM
by Brent Go to last post
0 173
Wireless USB and/or PC Card compatible with Vista RC1 by Brent
Hi, My Dell D800 internal (Intel 2200BG) doesn't work reliably with Vista. What wireless USB and/or PC Card have you found works well with Vista RC1? Thank you, Brent
September 11th 06 06:57 PM
by Brent Go to last post
0 175
Wireless USB and/or PC Cards that work with Vista RC1 by Brent
Hi, My Dell D800 internal Wireless (Intel 2200BG) doesn't work with Vista and I am looking for USB or PC Card solution that will work. All help is appreciated!! Thank you, Brent
September 12th 06 06:41 AM
by Brent Go to last post

From The