I like some input on video by Jerry P
Hi all I am curious if you where going to buy a new video card for vista, which one would you buy, and why? Jerry
October 28th 06 07:53 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 191
modem by lynda
my modem connects to the internet for less then 30 seconds after installing vista, and ideas how to correct it. i had to re load xp to figure out whats happening
October 28th 06 07:55 PM
by lynda Go to last post
2 389
Toshiba SD-R5002 DVD/CD Drive not detected in Vista? by Cary H
I have this drive and no matter wht i do i cannot access anything i put into it.It doesnt show in device manager. It does appear in my motherboard boto screen as being detected,but vista cant see it.Any ideas?
October 28th 06 07:55 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 197
Intel Integrated Extreme Graphics Drivers by Michael B
Hi all, I have recently installed Windows Vista RC1 on my IBM Thinkpad Laptop, and there seems to be a driver issue with my graphics card. The display adapter included with this system is an Intel 830 MG chipset, however it is displaying in the device management console as a Standard VGA graphics adaptor and has an exlamation mark next to the device. I have tried installing the Windows XP...
October 28th 06 11:24 PM
by Michael B Go to last post
1 135
nvidia GeForce FX 5200 problem with Aero by arthur
I used the FX 5200 with Vista RC1, and was able to use Aero with no problems, but after installing RC2, I cannot use Aero. The only choices I have are basic, standard and classic. I've updated the graphics driver from nvidia to 9.6.8.5 (the newest for vista) and it's still the same. Any idea how to enable Aero again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 06 02:40 AM
by Joe Villarreal Go to last post
11 218
Halo by asportspro
I am thinking about buying Halo: Combat Evolved for my windows vista rc1 build 5600 computer (previoiusly windows xp). I had all requirerments before vista but i am not sure if it will work in vista. Does anyone know if Halo: Combat Evolved works in vista?
October 29th 06 04:03 AM
by asportspro Go to last post
0 359
Vista will not recognize my Iriver T10 by JBartlettjr
For some reason, Vista RC2 will not recognize my new 2GB Iriver T10. It is not supposed to need a driver, and it is recognized just fine in XP SP2. However, when I attach it in Vista RC2, it asks for driver software. There is no driver on the Iriver site or the CD that came with the T10, and I can't find anything in these forums that helps with this problem. Any ideas?
October 29th 06 05:41 PM
by JBartlettjr Go to last post
0 150
NVidia Ge Force 5200: by Mewstone
Installed Vista RC1 and every now and again I get the Blue Screen which dissapears before I can read it. Sometimes during reboot the Blue Screen will appear again, as many as twice. Finally when it does bootup I get a dialog box telling me that a driver is causing the problem, a thread hanging up. Have checked for newer drivers for the Nvidia Ge Force 5200 display adaptor but there are none....
October 29th 06 05:45 PM
by dev Go to last post
8 184
Windows Mobile Device Center by אמה׆
Some applications need ActiveSync to be installed to communicate with a mobile device. It would be useful if Windows Mobile Device Center could make these applications avoid the "Couldn't find ActiveSync" error. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...
October 29th 06 07:06 PM
by אמה׆ Go to last post
0 143
USB Secure Digital memory card reader by Nick
Need to get a little PNY SD/MMC reader working. Vista hunts online, can't find driver and suggests contacting manufacturer who says (for XP) that no driver needs to be installed. Thanks a LOT for any advice...
October 29th 06 07:31 PM
by Nick Go to last post
0 136
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio ! by P5GL-MX
mobo: Asus P5GL-MX audio: ADI AD1986A SoundMAX 6-channel audio detected by WinVista RC1(64-bit): High Definition Audio Device prob.: no sound Need Help! thx!
October 29th 06 07:34 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 153
Sound Card Problems by Smoke286
Hi, I'm have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 that worked with Vista Beta 2, however since installing RC 1 I have no sound, I've tried all the solutions I could find online, does anyone have any other suggestions. Barring that I would like to know if anyone can tell me a reasonably inexpensive sound card that works trouble free with Vista
October 29th 06 07:45 PM
by Jo Go to last post
4 148
Screen Problems by motosanders
Whenever I start my Sony all-in-one PC with Vista, Vista starts up, but I cannot see anything on the Screen. The only way I can see things is if I boot up in Safe Mode or in Low Resolution Mode (600x480). If I try to change the resolution in Low Resolution Mode, the screen shuts off, but Vista is still running in the background. Anyone have any suggestions whatsoever?
October 29th 06 09:04 PM
by motosanders Go to last post
0 132
[Drivers] Sierra wireless Aircard 775 (AC775) by Cyril
I've tried to install Sierra wireless Aircard 775 (AC775), but there's no drivers. I've try all can, but none of what I do make this card functionning !!! Without this card, I can't connect to internet. Is there any divers under development ??? Thanks for answers
October 29th 06 09:23 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 325
soundblaster Live! gameport by Gini Arentshorst
Hi,I have the same problem whit Vista RC1,Creative Game Port,I have a SB Live 1024,everyting alse is working fine. I downloaded al lot of drivers,but it's still not working,still keep looking for it! "Phil Tesone" wrote: anyone got a soundblaster Live! gameport to work in Vista yet? I do alot of MIDI thru it. . .I've installed XP drivers so I can use the soundfonts but no gameport...
October 30th 06 01:04 AM
by Jo Go to last post
5 422
Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter by Chris Hilton
Does anyone have drivers for the Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter under Vista (RC1), or know how to get this card working? -- Chris
October 30th 06 03:22 AM
by DP Go to last post
6 198
Difficulty connecting to home network and printer with Vista RC-1 by MarkC
Printer is connected to an XP Home desktop. I am running Vista RC-1 on Laptop connected to home network via router. I can access the desktop but folders show as empty (when I know they are full). The same story with the printer, I can see it on the shared drive but when I try to connect to the printer - or add a printer to the laptop I get the message "access denied." I don't know if this...
October 30th 06 06:55 AM
by Mike Go to last post
1 122
Linksys WDT11 (PCI PCMCIA adapter) by DDS
On my desktop, I have a been using a PCI to PCMCIA adapter with a 54Mbps PCMCIA card on a XP for a while, works fine. I tried installing the same driver under RC2 and it will not work, any idea ? Best regards, DS
October 30th 06 11:02 AM
by DDS Go to last post
0 165
ATI Radeon x1600 Pro 512M by Sergio
I had RC1 installed when i had my Radeon 9200 128MB video card and everything was working fine. Now i purchased the X1600 512MB and when it boots up i get the Blue Screen of Death with a Stop error 0xEA. I even tried to reinstall it. But still got the BSOD. I tried to install RC2, and the same thing. Any ideas?
October 30th 06 11:44 AM
by dfeifer Go to last post
2 131
Vista RC2 32 shows Amd X2 4200+ as single core by Gary S
I have a AMD X2 4200 machine that only shows 1 core & 1 logical processor in system information. Under Device Manager it lists AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ twice. Under task manager in performance tab only shows as one CPU, under view - cpu history I only have one option "one graph per CPU" , CPU-Z shows as dual core 4200+ but will not let me select 2nd processor. This leads...
October 30th 06 02:10 PM
by Mario Go to last post

From The