laptop keyboard by tigger1024
something has caused my keyboard to start typing numbers when i am trying to type letters. Its only happening on the rightside of my keyboard.
January 27th 08 12:56 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 218
SanDisk Sansa e200R Rhapsody by tiger_attack14
My MP3 Player works great on Windows XP, but everytime I attempt to load the software onto my Vista Laptop, it refuses to load. The initial screen shows up, but after I click "Install Program" it simply stops. The screen goes back to normal and the cd stops rotating in the drive. Any advice to being able to upload my software? Rose Balzer
August 25th 07 08:26 PM
by tiger_attack14 Go to last post
0 172
Windows Mobile will not start by Tigerlady
I have tried multple times to get the Windows Mobile center to work properly and I have tried many times to get the following update to install and it will not finish. Installation Failu Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800705b4: Microsoft Corporation driver update for HTC USB Sync. I have already checked the HTC site and they do have an update for the phone...
December 29th 07 08:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
1 87
Logitech Headset + Vista by tigereye
Okay, I have a Logitech headset / mic that I've been using for a while, and it's been fine. Got a new notebook with Vista on it, and started using the microphone with the notebook, and it worked fine. However, every time I plugged in my mic, I'd get a pop-up box asking me what the newly-plugged in device was . Eventually, I checked a box that said "do not ask me again," and then selected...
June 9th 07 09:02 AM
by freddy Go to last post
3 143
hard drive filling up by itself by tigeress357
My hard drive all of a sudden has decided to show its self as full and filling more every minute. I have a new 3 month old HP laptop with a 140 GB drive. I don't have anything that is taking up any amount of space and have done everything possible to free up more space. I have deleted the old system restore and shadow files , cleaned up the drive and deleted cookies and temp files along with...
April 14th 08 04:32 PM
by DL Go to last post
4 150
no sound? 82801db/dbm ac 97 by tigar30
PLEASE HELP! I just installed vista home premium and vista detects the sound card and the driver is up to date but no matter what I do I cannot get any sound Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You
March 15th 07 04:52 PM
by millie Go to last post
1 112
Windows Failed to Start! Confused out of my mind! by Tiffany87
Hello, trying to find a a place to get help with vista. Heres the situation on my laptop. I did something you shouldn't do earlier today. I was in a hurry and held the Power Button until the pc shut off. Instead of shutting down properly, i know. Now hours later i tried to boot up and now i get this error. I have windows vista home premium 32bit. "WINDOWS FAILED TO START. A RECENT...
November 10th 07 05:11 PM
by FigN64 Go to last post
1 96
cannot see my external hard drsk in my computer by Tiffany
Hi, I have an external hard disk and recently try to plug into my USB port to transfer a file from my laptop to the external hard disk. Unfortunately, i could not find the hard disk in my computer, neither it opens automatically. Could anyone tell me what is the problem? Thank you.
March 6th 09 12:19 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 213
Screen freeze after Startup with installed new ram added by Tiff
I'm having pbm with two ram PC5300, 200-Pin SODIMM (512MB Samsung and 1GB Kingston) after installed it on my laptop which the screen just freeze after Vista startup. The BIOS could detect the total ram size as well as on the Vista welcome center display. There's no issue on XP MCE before i upgrade to Vista Home Premium (32bit). Below was the pbm...
June 21st 07 06:46 AM
by Tiff Go to last post
3 228
Bose Companion 5 USB Audio stuttering on Vista by tido
Using Bose Companion 5 USB speakers on Vista-SP1 32bit edition i have a problem that is best described as intermittent stuttering, from mostly minor but always present, to sometimes strong 'dropouts', a few times loosing the USB connection alltogether. Sounds a bit like my tapedeck sounded many years ago with a dirty tape. I tried to find any offending driver or anything that could...
January 28th 09 09:03 PM
by aard Go to last post
8 202
Laptop Display Doesn't Power On After Closing Lid by tidalwav1
Whenever I close the lid of my laptop, the display does not power on when it is reopened--even when I move the mouse or press a key--despite the fact that in all power profiles, the computer is set to do nothing when the lid is closed, and is set to never sleep/power off. When I close the lid while the computer is running and open it again, the computer continues running (it doesnt sleep,)...
May 19th 07 01:58 AM
by tidalwav1 Go to last post
0 162
scaner canon lide 70 by tick123
i have instaled the drivers for vista . but it will not let me select as the twain sorce the box is blued out. i use this on my lappy ok any idears thanks -- tick 123
September 5th 07 02:24 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 173
Device Cannot Start (Code 10) by Tibelian
The subject line has been my life's misery for the past 3 days trying to get my Lenovo T60 to recognize the Zune Music Player. I have tried - reinstalling the software, uninstalling the USB Hubs, spent hours on the phone being a tennis ball in a grand slam between Zune Helpline, Microsoft Helpline and the Lenovo/ IBM helpline with each passing the buck/ blame to the other. The device and...
July 29th 07 03:18 AM
by Tibelian Go to last post
4 115
Wireless Adapter Shuts Itself Off by Tibelian
I have Windows Vista Business on a Lenovo T60, Core 2 Duo T7700, 2GB RAM and Intel PRO Wireless 3945abg network adapter. Everything runs fine, until I step away from the computer. I have noticed that after a certain time of no network activity, the network drops out & the computer refuses to connect to any Wireless Network and just pops out a "Could not connect to this Wireless Network"...
August 29th 07 05:08 PM
by meemster Go to last post
4 101
something wrong with soundcard and videocard by tianxin
I DID TRY 5384/5744/5840,I FOUND MY CREATIVE SOUNDCARD NOT WORKING GOOD. I HAVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM PRO,AFTER I INSTALL THE BETA DRIVER I DOWNLOAD FROM CREAITVE WEBSITE DEVELOPOED FOR VISTA X86,I TRY TO SETUP MY SOUNDCARD,BUT,FIRST,I CAN HEAR MY SOUND THROUGH THE SPEAKER,WHEN I OPEN THE SOUND SETTING FUNCTION FROM SYSTEM TRAY,I DIDN'T FIND MIC HAS MUTE FUNCTION-IN XP YOU WILL...
November 1st 06 03:02 PM
by dev Go to last post
2 158
Moive Maker by Tia Rivera
I am trying to download my video from my camera. It appears to be downloading. I can see the picture from the camera on the screen and when I click on 'finish' an error appears and reads: "The video was not imported correctly. Verify that the digital video tape is not blank, and then try again." I try again and the message appears again. The tape is definitely not blank. I am able to see...
March 15th 09 02:16 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 198
ATI ALL IN WONDER ISSUES by thxheynow
I was able to get the video driver but no ALL IN WONDEr tv tuners work on vista. According to ati its a microsoft issue....anyone have any clue when this will be corrected? that part of the card sits with a question mark on my deivce manager. thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 12:53 PM
by thxheynow Go to last post
12 364
vista not recognising external hdd by thwartedthong
I have just purchased a new notebook Asus X70sr. My old hp zd7000 pavilion notebook died last week so not only have i had to put up with the stress of not being able to access all my files and data on a dead computer its 5 days on and i still am unable to access the 60 gig hardrive which is now in a vi power enclosure usb2.0 to ide interface. Running Xp on the old laptop i used previously this...
July 16th 08 04:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 198
Logitech joystick by Thwackum
Can someone please share their experience using Logitech joysticks on Vista? In particular, I have Extreme 3D Pro in mind. I believe Logitech site says Vista drivers won't be out until summer. Will the joystick run on native Vista drivers?
March 15th 07 07:23 PM
by Thwackum Go to last post
3 104
7600GS 512MB vs 7600GT 256MB video card by Thwackum
Hi! I'm trying to select a video card for my DIY built-for-Vista PC. I'm not a gamer, I just want Aero GUI to run nice and smooth and my DVDs to look good. Would you recommend a card with higher clock speed or more video RAM? Like, 7600GS 512MB or 7600GT 256MB? The system is C2D E6600, Asus P5B-E, 2x1GB 533MHz Corsair. Thanks!
January 12th 07 04:43 PM
by Carlos Go to last post

From The