USB card reader works in XP not in vista? by james
I have a SDHC usb card reader like this: http://www.meritline.com/card-reader-high-speed-black---p-18762.aspx It works fine under win XP, but in vista, it's flaky. The LED won't turn off when I "safely remove" it. Sometimes it froze when reading or writing. What could be the problem?
March 15th 09 01:58 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 291
IDE drive not recognized. by dbacs
I have an Ultra ATA 100 drive that will not install in BIOS or Vista 32 ultimate OS. I have support on my motherboard for 66/100/133 pata (as well as sata II). I have all updated drivers for the motherboard. I'm using VIA's Hyperion Pro drivers. I think my problem is setting jumpers in the drive. I've tried the drive on both primary master and slave, and secondary primary and slave buses. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 15th 09 05:01 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
21 571
Flashing Dlink DCM202 Modem by [email protected]
Has anyone been able to flash the firmware for the DLink DCM202 modem. The instructions on the website are worthless. Calling tech support for this problem is also worthless. I have downloaded the latest firmware but a BIN file is not executable and DLink does not provide an executable file for this task. I am hoping to get the firmware up from v1.03 to 2.00 and thereby eliminate all of the...
March 15th 09 05:25 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 205
Terratec Phase 88 Rack Firewire Audio device by Markus Eßmayr
Hello, I own a "Terratec Phase 88 Firewire" audio device which offers 8 simultanious in and out channels. I'd like to use this thing to create multichannel recordings using my notebook. But I have a problem. Every now and then the device is lost somehow. Especially the operating system is not able to use it any more (neither through the DirectX ASIO interface, nor through ASIO4ALL or the...
March 16th 09 11:28 AM
by Markus Eßmayr Go to last post
0 200
Unable to turn off readyboost by Meta
When I go to the readyboost tab on the properties page for my flash drive to turn off readyboost there is no button to turn it off, it only says that there isn't enough free space on the flash drive and doesn't give me the option of turning readyboost off (I have about 17 mb of free space left after devoting as much of the 2 gb as I could to readyboost).
March 17th 09 12:03 AM
by lennyl12 Go to last post
7 212
very slow ide DVD read in vista x64 by Dean Malencik
::I installed vista x64 ultimate RC1 on a Gigabyte E45-UD3R motherboard with 8 megs of RAM. Everything seems to be working fine except for the DVD read/write drive. Incidentally the hard drives are SATA but the DVDROM is an ide device. If I put in a blank disk and then burn some files to it everything is fine and responsive. However if I put this same disk in at a later time and try to view...
March 17th 09 10:25 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 208
Desktop Graphics v 3D gaming performance indexes seem at odds by Michael Ward
How is it that my Samsung M40+ laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 can score 2.0 for graphics, and 3.6 for gaming graphics? Why is there such a large discrepancy? Can anyone explain how the scoring system can produce such different score for seemingly related stats?
March 17th 09 11:38 AM
by stubby Go to last post
1 170
IEEE 1394/Firewire and Vista Ultimate by DaveW[_2_]
I'm out of ideas. I've got a new computer with Vista Ultimate installed and an ASUS motherboard with front and back 1394 connectors. I can't get my video camera (Sony DCR-TRV30) to be recognized by the computer. Here's what I've done so far. Checked the device manager no problems with the driver (no !) Purchased new firewire cables ( 2 new ones) = no change. Purchased a new firewire PCI card...
March 17th 09 07:34 PM
by cmahendra[_4_] Go to last post
3 201
Naming USB ports for ejecting by scott needs hel
For either, or ideally both, Vista and XP, is there a way I can name USB ports so that when I click on the eject icon in the task bar to safely eject the device, I don't have to remember what USB drive is in what port? Right now it says something like "*Safely remove mass storage device - drive X*", when I would like it to say something like "*Safely remove USBdrive2- Drive X*" or just simply...
March 18th 09 12:37 PM
by Uwe Sieber Go to last post
3 216
Syncing Card Reader with WMP11 by miked7928
I have a new machine with Vista 64, which has wmp11. I have a micro sd storage card in my smartphone where I keep all my music. WHen I attempt to sync with WMP11 something funny happens. If the card is installed in my phone and I am have the partnership connected in Mobile Device Manager, WMP11 will see the card and allow me to sync to it. However, the sync speed is slow. So I purchased a card...
March 18th 09 12:58 PM
by miked7928 Go to last post
0 212
WD Passport External HD not showing up in My Computer by MaeghenLeigh
I am trying to use my External HD (WD Passport), I have used it with this computer before (Vista) and it worked fine. It takes a couple minutes to install teh driver files and then it says its working fine, but does not show up in My Computer. The safely remove hardware icon is still there. I checked device manager and it is there, saying it is working properly. How do I access my files? ...
March 18th 09 03:41 PM
by MaeghenLeigh Go to last post
0 195
USB Media Reader "Unknown Device" by Jakeman97
Hi, Have a 6 in 1 USB 2.0 Internal Media Card Reader on an old eMachine (D2266) that ran and worked on Win XP Pro x32. There is no Manufacturer's ID Tag anywhere on this unit. I installed this card reader into my Vista Home Premium x64 machine. Then plugged into an available motherboard USB port and turned on computer. The power light on the media reader lit indicating power, and Vista claimed...
March 18th 09 04:00 PM
by Jakeman97 Go to last post
7 177
Laptop display problem by Captain C
Hi folks, I've got an Sony VGN-BX197XP laptop that I've upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate. Since then I've encountered some strange display-related issues: 1) I could only boot into Aero about 50% of the time. The rest of the time I forced onto the Standard theme with no Aero option. Since installing Vista SP1 I can't get Aero at all. 2) When not running in Aero mode I can't get the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 09 04:50 PM
by philto34 Go to last post
13 389
How To Reassign a Key w/Wireless 6k Keyboard by Saidas[_9_]
I want to reassign the Log-Off key on my Wireless 6000 keyboard and it can't be done with the Keyboard option in Control Panel. I found this tip but have a question and the thread has been closed and thought I would try he I used an utility called WIXMO ('GRC*|*WIZMO - Steve's Windows Gizmo**' (http://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm)). I reassigned the logoff button to sleep using this...
March 18th 09 05:48 PM
by Saidas[_9_] Go to last post
0 230
choosing which monitor displays a program at startup by Jeff[_18_]
On a dual monitor system, is it possible to choose which monitor displays a program at startup? If I put a shortcut to Internet Explorer in the startup folder, can I tell it to start the program on monitor 1 or monitor 2? Jeff
March 18th 09 05:58 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 148
slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device Stopped Reading disks by Aaron Dorner
Hi everyone! Maybe somone will be able to help me out! I have a aspire 5610z notebook with Vista on it! About a year ago i had to do a complete reboot on it! Well when i did my slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device quit reading cds or dvds! Now when i check the device manger it tells me the drive is working properly! What I really wanted to know is if my drive is DEAD!!!!!!!!!! When I put a...
March 18th 09 06:43 PM
by no1 Go to last post
1 655
sudden bluescreen by Ravi gautam
I got a bluescreen a while ago, I troubleshoot according to Wireless networking problem section on Problems Report and Solutions, but I'm not sure if the problem will be fixed. 1. I already checked for drivers updates... there are none that I dont have already. 2. The Diagnose and Repair tool from Network and Sharing Center didnt find any problem. 3. I have the following parameters in my notebook...
March 18th 09 07:16 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 174
VX-3000/Home build not working by Fitz
I have been trying to connect a MS VX-3000 webcam to a homebuilt machine running Vista64 Premium. Downloaded the latest software/drivers from the MS website. The software installs and the webcam connects. I get good video feed and can hear audio just fine. Transmitting/recording audio is so weak as to be unusable. The "audio\video settings" tab in the Lifecam software is grayed out and cannot be...
March 19th 09 02:34 AM
by Fitz Go to last post
0 149
Drive partition by tradewins
I have an Acer aspire 5715z series which as its hard drive partitioned into two 30gig partitions. I would like to know, if I was to delete one of the partitions which is empty would the remaining partition take up the empty space on the hard drive. Thanks tradewins -- tradewins
March 19th 09 07:30 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 119
flash player 10 by dbrogan70
Hi I am a newbie and also a rookie senior on the pc I just recently bought a new Dell xps intel core 2quad cpu q6600 2.4ghz 64bit 4gig m 500g hd and for some reason I cant get flash drive to open I know I have it as it shows in my control panel at 2.98mb .If I get a file that has to have flash player I cant open it it keeps telling me to install it which I attempted to do numerous times and it...
March 19th 09 02:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The