Wireless Multimeia Keyboard by Dennis
I have a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard as part of a desktop package. This was working fine until Vista Update installed something and it stopped working. I have tried to roll back and un-install with no joy. I have also tried to Re-install the drivers for this also with no joy as all I get is the following error "Error # 1612". Please help
March 26th 09 02:18 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 201
How can I format a 1.5TO HD by Stephen Ellis
I have just added a 1.5 terra octet hard disk to my system and am unable to format it correctly. When I ask Vista Pro to do a straightforward format it blocks at 73% (roughly 1 terra). I have tried 3 times to get the same result so I thought that I would outsmart the system by making two partititions one of 976.56go and the second of 420.70go but although the first partition was accepted and...
March 26th 09 03:11 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
6 243
New RAM results in Blue screen by ludakris
hey, i decided to upgrade them ram in my computer to 2gb, instead of the 512mb it already had installed, so i did so... the computer worked fine for a few days, no problems at all. Now, a few days on, i loaded up my computer and after a couple of mins it will go to a blue screen which says something about dumping virtual waste... ive put the 512mb back in a computer works ok again.
March 27th 09 12:46 AM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
4 260
FAT 32 0r NTSF by user-1
I want to back up my music files to a flash drive. Is it better to convert the thumb drive to NTFS? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 09 09:36 AM
by Peter Go to last post
19 544
CD/DVD drive disappeared by technow09
I have a problem here that i have not been able to find an answer to but, in short, my computer can no longer find my CD/DVD drive, or as it once was, D drive. When i insert a CD/DVD and try to play it nothing happens. I have tried to set the comp to boot to the CD/DVD drive under boot options but, still nothing. I ran the Toshiba assistance application which checks all the main hardware for...
March 27th 09 10:24 AM
by technow09 Go to last post
3 260
PC stays on with usb hdd attached by txt3rob
Hi, I have a foxconn G31MX-K motherboard and currently using a USB hard drive. When i Shutdown Vista it shutsdown but the PC stays on and even when pressing the power button on the front of the PC for 10 seconds will not shut it down. This doesnt seem to happen when the pc doesnt have a usb hdd connected.
March 27th 09 01:08 PM
by txt3rob Go to last post
0 216
Vista Architecture by deconinckg
Hi all, I'm running a vbs script to find out my architecture. I use the followong code for this: strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Processor") For Each objItem in colItems Wscript.Echo "Architectu " & objItem.Architecture
March 27th 09 01:59 PM
by deconinckg Go to last post
0 217
PLEASE HELP! USB mouse wont work.. by Luke4MVP
I looked on this site and couldnt find an exact match on my problem..but sorry in advance if this problem keeps coming up.. My USB mouse wont work..so ill give you the details on it and what ive done. -sony vaio laptop with vista -all other USB devices work and are recognized -mouse works fine on my brothers computer -did a system restore -reinstalled the drivers
March 27th 09 02:28 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 220
nVidia nForce Realtek audio SPDIF is not detected or working by NerdBrick
I have a nForce4 GA-K8NF-9 motherboard with a built in Realtek audio. The trouble is it worked fine with MCE 2005, but when I moved to Vista the SPDIF is no longer functional. I have audio, but only 2 channel through the regular audio jack. I have looked all the settings in the Gigabyte UI that Vista installed, and the Speaker control panel, but nothing allows me to turn on the SPDIF jack....
March 27th 09 08:53 PM
by vulcanda Go to last post
6 209
nVidia 6200 and drivers by Hugh Fraser
I recently bought a 6200 for my computer but when I install the drivers from the supplied CD, It Blue Screens. When I download the drivers from the nVidia website, same thing, Blue Screen. Any Ideas?
March 28th 09 05:39 AM
by chrisbimmermd Go to last post
9 171
Any chance my monitor will work with Vista? by pdsnickles
I have a Dell 1901FP Flat Panel Color Monitor. I just bought a new HP computer using Vista Premium 64bit but am debating whether or not to keep it now that I see so many issues with 64bit Vista. I went to the Driver Download page at Dell for my monitor and it has a driver listed for download for XP but none for Vista. I guess that means they have no driver for Vista so it won't work, right? So...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 28th 09 06:29 AM
by pdsnickles[_2_] Go to last post
22 558
Dvd Drive Not Reading Purchaded Dvd Movie by chicke
I have a Compaq Presario F600 My dvd drive tells me that there is no disk in the drive when there is. I was trying to place a movie in to watch and it would not pick it up. It made all the sounds as if it was trying to read it but it could not. when i try to press on the drive to open it a window pops up telling the drive is empty when it is not. Every once in a while a small disk thing on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 09 06:42 AM
by THE C. [MS MVP] Go to last post
10 478
Intellipoint & Vista by Keith[_7_]
I just bought a new PC with vista home premium, I have installed the latest version of intellipoint (6.3) for my wireless laser mouse 5000, however it will not scroll in some programs e.g. Microsoft Access 2007, this used to work fine on XP and if I connect my old wired mouse I can scroll OK, has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Thanks Keith
March 28th 09 04:57 PM
by John Go to last post
8 212
USB flash disk and USB WiFi weird issue by TheCROW163
Hi All, I recently noticed a strange problem on my new PC (i7-4GB DDR3-DX58SO-Vista 32 Ultimate): I have a USB Wifi dongle attached to the USB on the back of the PC. It's A D-Link DWA-120 and it's connected to Wifi connection. The weird thing is that I connect a USB 2.5" HD or any USB flash disk on the USB port on the front of the case, so far so good, but when I select it and click safely...
March 28th 09 05:40 PM
by John Go to last post
1 184
IDE Drive in Enclosure by Brent Rogers
I just replaced my 80GB drive in my laptop with a 160GB Drive. Most of the software I am re-installing from the installation media. However I still want access to my files and other s/w on my old drive. As such I purchased an IDE HDD USB enlcosure for my old drive. However when I plug it in the drive just makes a regular light buzzing sound. Any Ideas on what I can do to be able to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 29th 09 07:07 AM
by David Vair Go to last post
28 551
Livekernal blue screen error, Please Help! by Balanced64
Ok, I built my pc a few months back, and recently upgraded my GPU, Now when I'm playing CoD5 or WoW, My screen with go blank and go into the power saving mode, after about 10 seconds it turns into the blue screen. After the blue screen appears, the pc restarts, reloads windows. I then get a report saying I have a Video Hardware Error. It says there is no fix, but reccomends downloading new...
March 29th 09 04:34 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 199
wireless mouse warning by Paul[_21_]
Vista Ultimate: Do you know how to get rid of the annoying "wireless mouse battery level is critically low" popup? This is a ms wireless laser mouse 5000. It just started doing this about 6 weeks ago, before that it was fine. Did an update install new driver software or something? I just want to get rid of the popup, the mouse works okay. Thanks for helping. (If you are at all tempted to post...
March 29th 09 04:41 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
6 211
Vista external usb drive issue by cugamer
Greetings all I just build my first home built system, and I didn't screw it up :). I've installed Windows Vista Business 64 bit which I got for free since I'm a student which is a plus and it's been mostly smooth sailing except for one issue which is driving me insane. I have a WD 640gig external HD and every time I connect it Vista searches for the drivers, and then tells me it can't find...
March 29th 09 05:08 PM
by maya Go to last post
9 270
usb drv hangs hibernation by hikarisun
the vista pc will not go into hibernation until i turn off the usb external drive. which settings control this? -- hikarisun
March 30th 09 01:58 PM
by hikarisun Go to last post
0 178
VISTA on boot ignores all optical drives by charliko
I am wondering if my BIOS would keep the boot up from recognizing the optical drives and allowing the optical drive to boot up. Needless to say, installing anything gets tough with this problem. I am hoping someone will have some ideas...I want to install unbuntu as a dual boot with VISTA. Thanks in advance, Charlie Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
March 30th 09 06:06 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post

From The