RAID install on an existing array using RC1 (32+64) by tcpaulh
Here's an odd one. I've downloaded the latest RC1 nforce drivers and tried installing both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista RC1 (clean install) but they show the same problem on my 4*250GB SATA RAID0 array. Motherboard is a DFI SLI-D. Before and after using 'Load Driver' during setup it just shows only 3 of the 4 drives separately. The array currently has XP Pro on it as well as a data partition,...
September 3rd 06 10:02 PM
by B Go to last post
1 478
customizing keyboard buttons by tct
I would like to customize the buttons on the left of the keyboard (Help, Mail, Web, etc) but the process does not work. When I go to ConPanel and click on Keyboard and choose the buttons tab, none are listed nor do any appear when I hit default configuration. I cannot figure out how to turn on the feature. Only the Sleep button on the left is programmed to work. The speak on/off and...
May 27th 07 12:58 AM
by R. C. White [MVP] Go to last post
5 147
Can't burn anything in Vista RC1 (build 5600) by tc_mortensen
Hi. vista tells me that all my HW is working fine, but when i try to burn at disc, nothing happens. Tried to drag n' drop, but when i release the mousebutton, absolutely nothing happens... no matter if i try to burn "Mastered" or "Live File System" and no matter what kind of file i try to burn. My Drive is a NEC ND-2500A and have never let me down - until now. Looked for driver-updates, but...
September 24th 06 05:58 PM
by tc_mortensen Go to last post
0 158
At wits end, Cannot install USB card reader,video cam or digital c by tdamocles
Been searching this forum and have seen the same problem over and over...I've tried the deleting of the infcache, and tried replacing usbstor files without repair. I've tried installing a Sony dvd camcorder, a smartmedia reader and brand spanking new Kodak digital still camera without Vista Home finding any of the drivers. Vista shows the name of the device but in the end it says that it...
December 27th 07 09:57 PM
by Steve Wade Go to last post
9 231
Disk Defrag Doesnt work....... by tdawg
So, im trying to once again run disk defrag. It hasnt worked in a couple weeks. What happens is i start it up, it runs the "anailzing disk" part and i can see my HD run for a min or so. But then it stops and thats it, i left my computer alone for like 6hrs, and when i came back, it still said "anailzing disk". ANyone got any help on this. When i goto task mgr, i see it in there, but i cant...
January 20th 07 07:08 AM
by tdawg Go to last post
0 144
Dlink 624 & utorrent bittorrent slow downloads, no port open help! by tdawg
So, i have a d-link 624c router with verizon fios. Im connected to the net and stuff, but my downloads are like, wicked slow. Before vista, id download at 100-600kbps. Now im lucky if i get 5-10kbps. Im using Utorrent on port 32459. Yet i get the littel icon under neithe saying im not fully conencted and that port 32459 is not forwarded. I followed all the directions and everything to open...
December 16th 06 01:52 AM
by Sean Major Go to last post
1 170
Cant get Motorola USB modem to install by tdawg
So, i have a motorola razr v3 and mobile phone tools that came with the phone. Everything worked on XP. Im trying to install it to get it to work on vista. But when i connect to the computer, i get the following error.... "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Motorola USB modem
December 15th 06 04:29 AM
by Hong Go to last post
5 215
Error i get when installing dvd writer by Tdawgx
A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is teh first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates....
December 9th 06 03:11 PM
by Bcs4 Go to last post
1 203
What Writers working with Vista Final? by Tdawgx
So, ive gone threw a Pioneer710, sony and now a LG internal burner. The Pioneer one wouldnt even let me get into windows. Same wiht the Sony burner. I just got a LG one that atleast gets to the Windows logo, but then just stops. So anyone else have final and what burner are they using that works. Took my system over to bestbuy geeksquad and tehy couldnt figure out why none of htem worked.
December 9th 06 10:49 PM
by Chris Go to last post
4 228
Pioneer dvr710 not working wiht vsta, please help by Tdawgx
so, i have updated to wndows vista ultmate. Heres my problem, i have a brandnew pioneer dvr710. If its connected when windows boots up, i get the bluescreen of death. But if i disconnect it, everything runs find. So i cant even install the firmware cause i cant connect it. The drive is set at slave and my HD set as master. Its connected threw IDE. Please help p.s., how do i make the icons...
December 8th 06 08:19 PM
by DCR Go to last post
1 175
Medion TV-Tunercard doesn't work with Media Center by tdba
"deeppurple1998" wrote: My Medion TV-Tunercard ( Medion TV-Tuner 7134 MK2/3 + Medion (7134) WDM Video Capture ) doesn't work with Media Center. Thanks in advance for a solution ! deeppurple1998
December 7th 06 07:10 PM
by tdba Go to last post
0 187
USB drives and mapped drive letter conflicts by TechDesign
Happy to report back on my own post...THIS IS FIXED! Build 5536 fixes this issue. Now, USB drives, and I assume any removeable media, finds the next "available" drive letter, avoiding mapped drives. Thank you Microsoft for fixing this headache! "TechDesign" wrote: In Windows XP, I always had problems with clients who wanted to use USB
September 3rd 06 05:42 AM
by TechDesign Go to last post
0 519
PCI-E ATI 1300 still works horribly! by TechGuyatwork
Any 1300 users out there with some tips?
February 11th 07 02:03 PM
by TechGuyatwork Go to last post
0 143
64 bit Processor? by TechGuyatwork
If your CPU is AMD then it is 32 and 64...... "JamesJ" wrote: How does one determine if the processor is 32 or 64 bit. Thank, James
February 10th 07 02:26 AM
by Doverguy Go to last post
7 188
SATA & Recycle Bin Icon by TechieZero
My set-up currently has 2 SATA drives that are striped (one logical image) and one PATA drive in Vista 32 Home Premium. When I delete a file in the PATA drive, the recycle bin Icon changes to the proper bloated image. When I delete a file in the Striped SATA drives, the recycle bin Icon DOES NOT CHANGE to the proper bloated image. If you open the Bin for both occurances, you will see the...
July 18th 07 08:48 PM
by TechieZero Go to last post
1 145
360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows by Techman20
I can Not Get My Wireless Mic model 1380 For the Game lips for 360 To work on my pc my controller works fine but the mic keeps comming up as a Wireless Headset anyone have any ideas thanks... -- Techman20
December 12th 09 04:38 AM
by latinstyle97 Go to last post
3 211
Unknown Device Showing Up... by TechMarc
After unsuccessfully trying to install Windows Mobile Device Center, and it did not find my AT&T 8525 pda...I now have 2 Unknown Devices showing up in my Device Manager, along with pop-ups looking to install drivers, which are never found. How can I remove these Unknown Devices and related pop-up messages? Thank you, Marc
January 17th 08 09:04 AM
by roy69[_153_] Go to last post
2 137
using the Recovery Discs by TECHNICALLYanIDIOT!!!
i totally wiped out my hard drive INCLUDING THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!! do the discs have the necessary tools and programs to get EVERYTHING back?!?!?!?!? HOW????????? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 08 01:21 PM
by tomitzaurus Go to last post
10 332
Computer Not Shutting Down by technician06[_2_]
We come across this situation when we try to shut down the notebook even after clicking the shutdown button in windows Vista environment. Vista is one of the highly secured operating System. It has several restrictions to send or receive the Information from the Computer. Here is the weblink which help you to resolve this issue. 'notebooktechnician - Notebook is not shutting down--vista...
May 23rd 08 03:10 AM
by technician06[_4_] Go to last post
3 170
Troubleshooting Blue screen of death by technician06[_3_]
A BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (ALSO KNOWN AS A STOP ERROR, BSOD OR BLUE SCREEN) IS AN ERROR SCREEN DISPLAYED BY CERTAIN OPERATING SYSTEMS, MOST NOTABLY MICROSOFT WINDOWS *Issue: Notebook may show blue screen and restart. Or Notebook may not restart but it shows blues screen quite often.* HERE IS THE WEBLINK WHICH HAS INSTRUCTIONS TO RESOLVE THE BLUE SCRREN ERRORS ISSUES 'notebooktechnician -...
May 22nd 08 01:10 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The