when is the drive volumes populate bug going to get fixed? by Techno Mage
For those that don't know about it bring up properties for a drive change to the Hardware tab select a drive and press properties button change to the volumes tab press the populate button on 64bit vista the window closes on 32bit the tab goes back to the fist one
May 9th 07 02:26 AM
by Techno Mage Go to last post
5 115
Asus Termanitor TR-2 DLX by Techno-Crat
Its a no go on this barebones box, I managed to get all but the lan working ..... now a wait n see thing The box uses a ATI RS3000 chipset and has intergrated LAN by 3COM.
September 4th 06 11:22 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
0 477
ATI users getting low windows experience index; look here by TechnoHic
Dont know if anyone else has discovered it but I was getting an Aero rating and gaming graphic rating of 1 with an AGP 8x 512mb X1950 pro. Not that its a whole lot but I installed the last XP driver for the card and ran setup in XP sp2 compatability mode and am now getting a 1.9 for Aero. Again, thats not much but it tells me ATIs drivers are not working right. I tried every Vista release...
February 14th 07 05:45 PM
by TechnoHic Go to last post
1 193
AGP 8x showing up as on PCI bus? by TechnoHic
Been having problems with my video card and Vista. I have an ATI radeon X1950 Pro 512 MB ram AGP 8x video card. When I run the performance index, I have been getting a 1 for graphics and Aero. Seems like it doesnt even test the card. Well, I finally noticed that in the device manager, if I right click on the vid card and go to properties, it says my video card is on a PCI bus. Anyone...
March 23rd 07 07:53 PM
by TechnoHic Go to last post
5 156
Vista Will NOT Recognize 2nd SATA Hard Drive! by technomann
Just installed a Seagate 250 GB SATA hard drive in bay 2 of my HP Compac dv9000 series laptop. However, no matter what I do, VIsta Home Premium will not recognize the 2nd drive. It does NOT show up in Disk Manager in the Computer Management console or in Explorer. If I go into Setup the BIOS says that the drive is there. However it does'nt exist in Windows Vista. Does anyone have a clue as to why...
January 17th 09 08:01 PM
by technomann Go to last post
8 223
DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista by technomann
HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a 2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure, but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has happened? Any advice would be GREATLY...
February 20th 09 08:53 PM
by technomann Go to last post
4 253
Kingston DataTraveler USB Key by Technot
HI I'm getting an error using a Kingston DataTraveler usb key using a Dell 9150 820D processor 1 gig ram complete with floppy , a combo dvd drive and a memory reader 9in1. I'm running vista RTM 32bit .The usb key needs 2 drive letter, 1 for software and 1 for data. When i first connected the key i got the message saying that the drive letter L:/ was assign but it couldn't assign the next...
January 8th 07 05:23 PM
by Theo Go to last post
4 235
CD/DVD drive disappeared by technow09
I have a problem here that i have not been able to find an answer to but, in short, my computer can no longer find my CD/DVD drive, or as it once was, D drive. When i insert a CD/DVD and try to play it nothing happens. I have tried to set the comp to boot to the CD/DVD drive under boot options but, still nothing. I ran the Toshiba assistance application which checks all the main hardware for...
March 27th 09 10:24 AM
by technow09 Go to last post
3 260
Loud beep even when mute is on. by Tech_vs_Life
On 32-bit Vista ultimate, I have an audio problem--and I'm not sure if it's hardware related or driver-related. With a Dell Latitude D820 laptop (Intel 945P chipset), I get an extremely loud beep (and volume or mute has no effect on it), every time I move from one item to another item but only on a few specific types of lists: for example, the list of drives under: Programs, Administrative...
June 2nd 07 03:04 AM
by Chris P. Go to last post
6 106
A disk read error has occurred; press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart by teclive
hi everyone, how we all doing? better than myself i hope :( I am running an HP Compaq Presario V6000 Notebook with a Windows Vista Home edition i belive When i try to turn my computer on i am getting teh A disk read error has occurred; press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart error.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 09 04:50 AM
by hamaradesh Go to last post
11 581
I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 05:37 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 442
I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 01:47 PM
by Ted Go to last post
0 321
Why OH! Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media player for Vista anymore?? by Ted F
As the subject line says : Why OH! Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media Player for Vista anymore?? This is what I have installed as for the Windows Media Player for Vista. Look at ALL the listed under "MPEG/DVD Filters" I have. So why in the hell I can't play simple retail movie DVD's anymore.
January 27th 08 11:31 AM
by HU RU Go to last post
2 144
A quick movie for Vista users! So funny! by Ted Landry
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with... http://snipurl.com/19r0y If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier place! http://www.apple.com/hardware/ http://www.apple.com/software/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 17th 07 12:37 PM
by Diamontina Cocktail Go to last post
119 3,180
canon camera drivers by ted medin
Anyone have trouble with vista installing canon camera drivers? Specifically i have an a530 camera & unable to download the pictures to the pc. TIA
October 21st 09 05:54 PM
by Bill W Go to last post
2 170
SOLVED - No DVD sound. DVD Decoder or... ? by Teddy
"Teddy" wrote in message news:... Well, I fixed it and I hope this helps anyone else out! I should have gone with my gut instinct: Vista sets digital out to default! So I went to control panel - hardware & sound - sound. On my system, two things appeared: "Speakers" and "Digital Audio Interface." The latter was set to default, so I simply highlighted...
November 5th 07 03:51 AM
by Teddy Go to last post
0 136
No DVD sound. DVD Decoder or... ? by Teddy
So finally Windows has a built-in DVD decoder! Sadly, I'm not sure it works... So since installing Ultimate, I haven't been able to watch a DVD. With Media Player or Media Center, the DVD has no sound. In WMP, the screen also goes black for a second or two every ten seconds or so. Very annoying. At least Media Center doesn't have the black screens. But it would be nice to hear the audio....
June 4th 07 11:36 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
7 231
MS Natural Keyboard 4000 F keys... by Teddy
I had this problem with the Vista beta, but I was sure it'd be fixed in the final release. Perhaps I really just have a bad piece of hardware!!! My keyboard worked perfectly in XP, and I always buy MS keyboards - I love them! MS hardware in general has always pretty good - I miss the sidewinder line. ANYway... the Vista Beta, for some reason, had issues with my keyboard - I had NO "F" keys!...
April 12th 07 12:56 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
7 141
Changes Hard Drives, now System Restore crashes by TedT
I upgraded my laptop hard drive by making a clone using Trueinmage. But I did do a quick format first and did give it a volume name. It works fine in my laptop but I went to set a Restore point and I get this error... Thee was an unexpected error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (0x8007007B) System Restore will now close
May 17th 08 02:03 AM
by TedT Go to last post
0 157
Plugged In, Not Charging Battery by Ted[_7_]
I have HP NW8000 laptop running Vista Ultimate. I installed SP1 a few days ago. After the upgrade, the battery is not charging anymore. Right now it is completely drained out and it says 0% available plugged in, not charging. I uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers (there were two) from the Device Manager and install them again with scan for hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 09 07:19 AM
by supersilverfox Go to last post

From The