Linksys WAG54G S router problem with Vista by Neil
Hi When I start Vista, I get a message saying 'no or limited network connectivity' I try all of the options to repair the connection, but nothing works. If I then turn off my Linksys WAG54G S router, and restart, it miraculously finds it and joins the network, and then connects to the internet. I'm using a wired connection to the router rather than wireless. I've checked the firmware for the...
November 22nd 06 11:23 PM
by Gene Go to last post
2 169
Compatible MP3 players w/Vista RC1 by jim_from_il
Is ANY MP3 player recognized and supported by Vista RC-1? Both my Sandisk Sansa, and my wife's Creative Zen are NOT found (no drivers - yet). Do I have to wait for the retail product?
November 22nd 06 11:16 PM
by Gene Go to last post
1 138
Error Message by Adrian
OK everyone thinking caps on. I am currently posting this message from Vista in "safe mode". I am getting the dreaded blue screen of death from windows in "normal" mode. I am getting an error message which reads "Stop 0x000000EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER (Q293078)" As anyone had this come up as anyone recovered from this error? I have no idea which device driver it's on about as I cannot...
November 22nd 06 05:55 PM
by Kristan Kenney Go to last post
1 154
Driver for Hawkings Hi-Gain™ USB Wireless-G Dish Adapter by CW_CPH_DK
Hi all, i just bought the device as i need some extra strength on my HTPC to reach the network. http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=60&ProdID=280 (of course) there are no Vista drivers on the cd, but on the Hawkings website there are none either.
November 22nd 06 03:29 PM
by CW_CPH_DK Go to last post
2 147
3 screens problem (1x 9200 SE PCI & 1x 9800 Pro AGP) by lozzd
Hi, I've had a fun night trying to figure out how they've broken multi-adapter mutli-screen support in Vista. In XP, just installing the drivers is enough for all 4 screens to appear in the display properties ready to be enabled. From the start, the 9800 (the VGA card) was picked up fine, and the 9200 could not start thanks to Code 43 (very useful!)
November 22nd 06 03:28 PM
by lozzd Go to last post
1 140
Tablet Notbook Acer C300 - drivers by Matthias Marx
Hello NG, does any one know some information for the drivers from Acer about C300. There are some key - like switch wlan on/off or BT on/of - theirs doesn't work. regards. Matthias
November 22nd 06 09:05 AM
by Matthias Marx Go to last post
0 141
does EVGA GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP 8X support Window Vista Ae by GT
does EVGA GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP 8X support Window Vista?
November 21st 06 11:54 PM
by Gene Go to last post
4 150
Snappy/Cracky/Poppy Audio Issues by Barret Newman
Well the title basically sums up the problem; my sound is extremely cracky and is making all this snapping and popping noises while playing music in Windows Media Player 11. This issue is occuring to me right now in RC1; I do realize RC1 came out a long time ago but I was never able to test Vista on this computer upto now due to I had no extra HDs around my house and my HDs were all full/in...
November 21st 06 10:28 PM
by Barret Newman Go to last post
5 198
Nvidia GO 7900 GS by Thom_Lloyd
I have a new Toshiba p100 laptop that came with windows media center, I just upgraded to the MSDN Rel of WIndows Vista Everything is good except the system BSOD on any media related activty including remote desktop The offending driver is nv4_mini.sys, I have made sure I have the lastest NVidia drivers that are posted 8.4.0.0
November 21st 06 09:44 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 136
ATI x1800xl black screens by Daniel Lapointe
K, got a question, still experiencing constant black random screens of death for no apparent reason. I look in control panel..problem reports....see problems to check...and see 42 "video hardware errors" listed..all the same with this info..I'm guessing this is the cause of my probs, but dont know why on vista rtm..tried both built in and ati rtm drivers, still the same probs..any ideas?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 09:19 PM
by DblFun Go to last post
10 211
Major Problem - VISTA RTM / P5WD2-Premium / ICH7R SATA RAID by ftlee
I have tried loading the x32 RTM version of Vista on my P5WD2-Premium with absolutely no luck. I have tried many different ICH7R SATA RAID drivers including the one that comes on the OS DVD. The OS installs but, upon first reboot, the RAID array becomes corrupt and will no longer boot (solid HD light). I have tried RAID0 and 1. Both have the same results. Anyone else seen this issue? ...
November 21st 06 07:31 PM
by ftlee Go to last post
0 103
Hard Drive temperature in Vista??? by cebess
I lost my main hard drive and so I "had" to switch over to Vista over the weekend. In the process I thought I'd write a quick gadget to monitor drive temperatures. Getting a console application working to get at where the data should be was easy (see attached). But it looks like each manufacturer puts their drive temperature informamtion in a different location within the vendor specific data of...
November 21st 06 04:30 PM
by cebess Go to last post
0 132
Windows explorer by docredbeard
I am having a heck of a time trying to view any files with my Lite-on dvd-rw.Everytime I try to view (explore) a dvd or cd disk my computer hangs and windows exployer stops. I have update all available firmware and software. My cd-rom (reader) works fine. Is there any known issues with lite-on or windows explorer in vista?I have the most recent release of vista. thanks
November 21st 06 07:34 AM
by docredbeard Go to last post
0 107
Mixer devices???? by Court
I keep getting that i need to install mixer devices too. My sound card or whatever is realtex AC`97 audio i think..... it says its not working properly and may need to be installed but i never installed it in th first place... i dont have a disk or anything. I havent had volume for like 3 yrs! And im getting tired of it. I tried to get speakers to plug in too but they didnt work because i...
November 21st 06 03:25 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 128
Vista Does Dot Detect all Harddrives by Alex Bremer
Hi, I installed Vista 32 Bit today. The mainboard i use is an asus P5GDC-V Deluxe. I have three harddrives installed but only two get dissplayed. The missing one is a 232 gig HDD. I had the same problem get the disc detected as I conected it to Windows XP. With The mainboard i got a support CD from asus providing mass storage drivers which solved my problem Now under Viats I can not even...
November 20th 06 07:09 PM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
6 115
Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM by Aran M
i am trying to get the above card to work with windows vista windows update has said that it has found the updates for that file and the company says that it is compatible with vista, but when i do the updates from windows update it throughs and error code at me #80070002 so i click help and it tells me to go and do all thease things which i have done 4 times and still the same results, so i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 06:27 PM
by JW Go to last post
10 246
speedtouch330 and vista driver by jones8430
after a long time working on it i have now managed to use the internet using my speed touch 330 and vista 5600 ultimate what i done was download the intall from speedtouch for the xp 64bit(r4.0.0.5),using dual boot,then try to install speed touch saying 0-38 for britain but then it hangs and fails when searching for speedtouch 330 modem,then i cancelled installation,then goto c: program...
November 20th 06 05:11 PM
by Drone69 Go to last post
2 140
HP 5100 Scanjet Scanner by ldone
No drivers for this old parallel port scanner, guess it is time to upgrade or stay with xp
November 20th 06 05:03 PM
by GuessWho Go to last post
1 150
ATI Radeon 9700 Problem with Vista RTM by Prince
I have LG-LP60 Notebook (3 Gig HT P4 CPU, 1 gig of RAM, dedicated 128 Meg AGP ATI 9700). i downloaded Vista RTM (MSDN) on different partion than my windowsxp reside on, the installation was successfull. i faced some problems after installation: 1- Vista logo on startup not appearing. 2- On normal startup of vista (not Safe Mode) it was very slow, i investigate about the reason of slowness,...
November 20th 06 03:07 PM
by ldone Go to last post
1 138
Vista Moving Backward? by Tom Lake
My ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 worked great under RC2 but now with RTM, Media Center says it can't find a compatible TV tuner. I even got an NTSC update from Microsoft for it but no luck. Tom Lake
November 20th 06 01:31 PM
by Keith Dorken Go to last post

From The