Vista won't detect network adapter. by The Frederick
I'm using two PCI Realtek 8139D cards and neither work. I don't think it's the cards, I've tried both. Vista doesn't seem to detect them. Couldn't find any Vista drivers for that card. Should I get a newer card (they're a few years old)?
June 29th 07 05:22 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 168
Hard Drive Swap by The Fuzz 53
I just purchased a new PC running Windows Vista Home Premium. On my old PC running Windows XP, I have a secondary hard drive set-up as a slave drive that I used solely for storage purposes, such as documents and media files. The drive uses NTFS file structure. Should I be able to just take this drive out of my old PC and put it in my new one without losing any data and not have to format...
March 13th 07 05:30 PM
by Warren Go to last post
3 152
No Sound by The Learner
While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to...
March 25th 10 11:40 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
0 256
Need info on using a web cam by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 22nd 10 02:21 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
0 270
No Sound by The Learner
While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to...
March 26th 10 04:29 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
8 479
Need info on using a web cam by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 23rd 10 02:00 AM
by The Learner Go to last post
6 457
Firewire devices not recognised after Vista upgrade by The Living Legend
My firewire Lexar card reader and Sony DCR-50E camcorder worked fine with XP Home. i would see the card under Removable Disks in My computer and I could capture video footage when the camcorder was switched to VCR. With Vista Ultimate clean install, I get nothing when I plug the devices in. Device manager shows that the 1394 device is working properly. Mobo is ABIT IC7-G with up to date...
May 6th 07 04:37 PM
by The Living Legend Go to last post
0 120
Flash Drive Question by The Magnet
Hi, I have a program on CD. I need to boot from it. The clients notebook is one of these tiny things with no CD drive and 2 USB ports. I'm trying to see how to make an ISO of the CD I need to boot from, put it onto the flash drive, and then boot from that. Can anyone help me? How do I burn the ISO onto the flash drive so it will boot INTO the program, as it would if it was on CD?
September 1st 09 08:32 PM
by jeh_it[_2_] Go to last post
5 152
Vista compatibility w/ASUS motherboard P4R800-VM by The Pianist
I've used Vista (home basic) for a while now and there wasn't any serious compatibility issues with the motherboard. I reinstalled it a couple of weeks back, and ever since then, there's been an issue with shutting down the computer. Usually, if I select SHUT DOWN from the start menu, the computer doesn't shut down completely, but enters a sleepish/suspended mode.The red (busy/status) light...
March 22nd 08 09:49 PM
by The Pianist Go to last post
4 198
Slimline CD/DVD drive Error by The Pope
While I was searching the device management console for info on my Printer installation I noticed that my CD drive had the message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" Can anyone help me as this is a laptop and I cannot install a new drive!?!
July 9th 07 11:10 AM
by The Pope Go to last post
4 117
aspi layer by The Puma
The following programs did't work anymore Cdrwin 3.9 DVDinfo DVDInspector I thing the aspi layer is the problem How can i get this to work with vista?
December 30th 06 05:45 PM
by Robert Pendell Go to last post
3 165
Flash voyager usb stick and vista by The Puma
Hallo, I have the follewing problems I have this usb stick on a revoltec usb hub Sometimes the stich will initialize correct and after booting vista the the drive letter wil show. But sometimes the stick will not initialize and after booting the stick is not showing in the windows explorer
August 13th 07 05:06 PM
by The Puma Go to last post
0 129
Is there CD/DVD burning program that works with VISTA already by The Puma
What is a good working CD/DVD authoring program that works with VISTA?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 07 08:08 PM
by Brian Go to last post
12 380
gaming controller by The Shadow[_2_]
I have a Saitek P990 controller which includes profile editor software that is necessary to its use. I cannot enter my profile editor. Every time I try to, the computer says that I need to input an applicable device (like my controller that is already in a USB port). I believe that the software recognizes my controller when I install the software, but not after installation. If it is of any...
June 4th 08 07:10 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 157
waves on extended desktop, and when only using CRT monitor by The Shadow[_2_]
I have a new Toshiba Satellite 210. When I use the LCD+CRT extended desktop mode, or just use the CRT monitor (Samsung - SyncMaster 17GLi) I get waves that move down the screen. It makes my display look like a flag. When I only use the CRT - in that mode the waves move faster. The actual display on the screen moves and the display gets darker in areas, giving it a distance effect. This...
June 9th 08 07:47 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
3 167
Reg Inability to Use My Sony DVD Writer by The Survivor
I am running Vista Business OS and recently I installed a brand new DVD Writer (SONY DVD RW AW-G170 ATA) and Installed it using Nero Essentials 7. It worked perfectly afterwards. Later I tried a Web upgrade to Nero Essentials 8 but then started the problem where INCD could not be started. Eventually I uninstalled NE8 but am unable to use the DVD after that and I am unable to install the NE7...
January 9th 08 12:18 AM
by The Survivor[_2_] Go to last post
2 198
Vista Business - Fax & Scan doesn't see scanner? by The Traveler
I am using a Samsung SCX-4100 MFM device which is connected to my system via a USB port. Although Samsung's application sees the scanner and is able to use it, MS Vista's Fax & Scan application doesn't see this device. When I try to install the scanner using Vista, it comes up as a Xerox Network scanner... which it is not. (doesn't work either). I am using the current Samsung drivers (Vista...
March 5th 07 10:03 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 242
SPeakers by the-lazya
I have Vista Premium, DFI INFINITY NFII ULTRA with Realtek ALC650 onboard sound. Since installing Vista I have lost my 5.1 speakers Creative. I just have the option for stereo, and that only comes out one speaker. Any way of setting up my speakers I have missed?
March 7th 07 03:25 PM
by ionixuk Go to last post
1 219
Can't access primary drive by the1[_2_]
My laptop hdd failed. Last time that happened, i connected the hdd to my other computer, ran scandisk and started working. this time, i ran scandisk but i still can't access my hdd. here is the scenario- -my secondary partition can be accessed, so hdd is not bad. -on computer management's disk management, i can see that hdd is healthy and can show property of the partition. -if i use windows...
November 8th 09 09:08 PM
by the1[_2_] Go to last post
0 139
Can't access primary drive by the1[_2_]
My laptop hdd failed. Last time that happened, i connected the hdd to my other computer, ran scandisk and started working. this time, i ran scandisk but i still can't access my hdd. here is the scenario- -my secondary partition can be accessed, so hdd is not bad. -on computer management's disk management, i can see that hdd is healthy and can show property of the partition. -if i use windows...
November 9th 09 02:55 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post

From The