ZyDAS ZD1211 WiFi dongle not working by ThureB
Hi, Under the Beta of Vista I had no problem with my ZD1211 USB WiFi dongle from ZyDAS, but since I upgrated to Home Premium the dongle hasn't worked. When Vista tries to install the driver for the WiFi dongle it says there is a syntax error in the INF file and it can't proceed. I have tried to update the driver over Windows Update, but there wasn't any help and I tried to find a driver on...
August 21st 07 08:40 AM
by Wim Go to last post
4 194
Monitor Calibration by thunnus
I am trying to calibrate my home laptop LCD monitor using an X-Rite Eye One Display 2 for digital photography purposes. After the calibration process, the X-Rite creates a custom monitor profile and sets it as default. This works fine until the computer is powered down. Thereafter, the old monitor settings are displayed even though the display settings show that the calibrated monitor...
January 23rd 08 01:44 AM
by thunnus Go to last post
0 133
Monitor Calibration Issues by thunnus
I am trying to calibrate my home laptop LCD monitor using an X-Rite Eye One Display 2 unit for digital photography purposes. After calibration, the X-Rite unit creates a custom monitor profile and sets it as default. But the laptop reverts to the original monitor settings once the computer is rebooted. I can't get the corrected monitor profile to display even though the display settings...
April 15th 09 08:06 PM
by irecom Go to last post
6 250
mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista by thunderthighs76
hi, out there!!! i can't seem to find a solution to this problem here is the exact error message that it says in the device manager scrn (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). i tried to flash the bios and also tried to use the sys recovery option that restores the sys to factory default w/ out...
July 11th 08 10:50 AM
by pikkujuha80 Go to last post
4 264
Video Card requirements question by [email protected]
I have a 64 mb video card (shared), and the vista website, under te Vista Premium requirements, it says it needs 128mb, then there's a footnote: If the GPU uses shared memory, then no additional graphics memory is required beyond the 1 GB system memory requirement; If the GPU uses dedicated memory then 128MB is required.... does this mean that my video card is going to be FIne for aero? If...
November 26th 06 05:04 AM
by betanews.microsoft.com Go to last post
7 154
computer hardware and network setup by [email protected]
With vista, if I a to have a home network wiht three computers, file charing and internet sharing, which setup would you recomend based on the hardware styles: a) an older desktop, 900mhz amd athlon with less than 512mb of RAM as the main "hub" of the network, with 2 laptops that BLOW IT AWAY in everything (memory, speed, size), but still have the desktop as the main "family computer ...
December 1st 06 10:02 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
6 225
hard drive transplant question by [email protected]
I have a 100GB h/d in my laptop. It is IDE/ATA, but Gateway says they have hard drives htat are compatble with my laptop at 160GB capacities. But I have a differnet option. I will be coming into a 160GB, HP Personal Media drive in a short while. I was wondering if I could, perhaps, transplant the hard drive from the hp personal media drive, into my laptop and move the 100GB out to the...
December 2nd 06 05:44 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 124
DirectX 10 question by [email protected]
I am looking into a new computer now, and I've found a monster over at futureshop and I'm loking at buying it, but I'm interested, first of all, in finding out if I should be waiting until vista comes out... One thing I have a question about is graphics cards. People are telling me that graphics cards will not be able to support directx 10 untl vista comes out, yet I see all these vista...
November 26th 06 09:47 PM
by Chris Holmes [Chris123NT] Go to last post
3 114
modem problem by thumper380
was wondering if anyone knows which modem works with vista. asking cause i livein the boonies and only have dial up LOL,,,i havea us robotics modem but vista shuts it down shortly after setup....so would like to know what modem will work with vista Thanks
February 6th 07 04:51 AM
by dev Go to last post
1 193
Sony Mavica CD400 dig cam connecting to Vista machine by Thumper
I have 2 Windows Vista Premium machine that I am trying to connect my Sony Mavica CD400 dig up to. The camera is detected and it says the driver is pulled but after 4 hours I can only see 4 pics. It is basically useless. It acts the exact same way on both Vista machines.
February 16th 08 05:37 AM
by Thumper Go to last post
1 131
Wireless Mouse Scrolling by Thrifty1
I have an HP m8425f new with Vista SP1 and have just purchased a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 8000 which works fine with one exception. When I use Quicken I can only get the mouse to scroll in one direction vertically. When I turn the scroll wheel in either direction the Quicken screen will only scroll backwards and I cannot get it to scroll forwards. Any suggestions please?
June 3rd 08 07:44 PM
by Thrifty1 Go to last post
0 143
No COM or LPT1 ports by Thrasher
I am trying to install an internal PCI dialup modem using the Hardware Installation Wizard. I get as far as selecting the driver and the next step is to select a port. However there are no ports to select from(Using Xp for example, the selection would have included COM1, COM2, LPT1, ...etc) What do I do now ?, Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
May 29th 08 06:45 AM
by Mengedal Go to last post
1 160
Printer prints upside down by Thorsten Dreiner
Hi there, I have the problem, that all printouts are upside down. (Vista RC2) Every Workstation with no vista on prints correct. Does anyone know this problem? My Printer is a Ricoh 2022D. Thank you. --
October 13th 06 10:01 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 155
NetDragon modem by Thor
Has anyone gotten this to work in RC2?
October 16th 06 07:31 AM
by Thor Go to last post
0 180
Video Memory using system on Vista64 by Thor
I have 2 GForce 8800 GTS card each with 640mb of memory on them. I have 4gb of physical memory. But when I goto my display settings I get this. GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTS ForceWare version: 169.25 Total available graphics memory: 2431 MB Dedicated video memory: 640 MB System video memory: 0 MB Shared system memory: 1791 MB Video BIOS version: 60.80.20.00.02
January 25th 08 07:42 AM
by Patrick Go to last post
2 184
NetDragon 56k Modem by Thor
This modem worked in Beta2 - but doesn't work in RC1. In RC1, it forces a blue screen reboot when activated. So I connected a US Robtobics USB modem from my wife's computer and no problem. But here is the weird part: While I was on the Internet, Microsoft upgraded my NetDragon as a Smartlink 56k. When I query the modem, everything is fine (it was assigned COM3). But when I attempt tyo use...
October 6th 06 06:31 AM
by Thor Go to last post
0 173
Nvidia GO 7900 GS by Thom_Lloyd
I have a new Toshiba p100 laptop that came with windows media center, I just upgraded to the MSDN Rel of WIndows Vista Everything is good except the system BSOD on any media related activty including remote desktop The offending driver is nv4_mini.sys, I have made sure I have the lastest NVidia drivers that are posted 8.4.0.0
November 21st 06 09:44 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 136
Recover data from USB drive by Thompson Tuckworth
Hi, I have a problem trying to restore data from a 750 GB WD drive installed in a USB/SATA enclosure. The drive worked fine in my previous notebook (which died) running Vista Business, but didn't appear in another XP machine. I don't know why. However, when I connected it to my new notebook running Vista Home Plus, under Disk Management it appeared as Invalid (not foreign or any other
February 25th 08 02:50 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 176
does anyone know? by Thomas[_6_]
HI. i m looking for a news group for general hardware stuff, does anyone know which is the best news group?
March 5th 08 07:19 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
5 137
Memmory timing with "Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5" by Thomas[_6_]
hi, i have a "Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit w/two matched CM2X1024A-6400 Dimm's " and i wounder if some one know some good timings for this ram or shuld i use the standard timings which is " 5-5-5-18" the MHz of the ram is current : 848 MHz
March 29th 08 08:45 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post

From The