Vista5600 on an MSI K8? by BIGDADDY51
I have a MSI K8NGM2-FID and can"t get past setup no matter what I do. Has anyone been able to install Vista RC1 on this motherboard? I have been able to install it on an NF3 and a NF2 build ,so it's not the dvds or the hardware, as I used the same hardware except for the motherboard . Any help? K8 board, 1gb of ram an 80 gb WD harddrive and a Lite-on DVDRW AMD 3500 cpu. Any help...
October 1st 06 02:56 AM
by BIGDADDY51 Go to last post
6 154
Printer drivers in add hardware? by BIGDADDY51
Will the drivers for printers listed in add hardware, work for the printers listed? For example, If I buy a Canon MP160 printer thats in that list, shouldn't it work without a problem? I really want a 3 in one that will work with Vista, without spending a thousand dollars.
December 25th 08 11:01 PM
by Sentar Go to last post
1 174
Simple RAM and optical drive Q's by bigdave234
Hey, recently bought a HP pavillion elite m9351, advertised with 4gb of ram and the vista home premium 64bit OS. The base only contains 3x 1gb sticks, the system bios is recognising 3gb of ram... am i missing something? is there onboard ram in this model or have i been sent a dud? it has 752mb of dedicated graphics and 2.5gb allocated by the OS, which would possibly rule out the missing ram being...
November 29th 08 04:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 320
Syncing with XV6700 from verizon by Bigdumbdog
I have had an on and off issue with Windows mobile device center. Sometime when I connect my XV6700 pocket pc phone it will sync fine other times it wont. I have LiveOne Care software and changed the port settings as suggested but this on and off is making it difficult to keep my PC and my pocket PC up to date with each other. Any suggestions?? I have installed, re-installed updated and...
June 2nd 07 06:05 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 123
RAM/SLi mismatching? by BigEasy18[_2_]
I'm looking into upgrading my ram, and in the future my graphics card. I have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) right now and am wondering if adding in G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) will work with no problems. While on the subject i would like to put my MSI 8800 Ultra in SLi mode someday soon and since I can't seem to find anyone that...
April 24th 08 10:18 PM
by BigEasy18[_2_] Go to last post
9 128
USB Stick problems by biggi
I’ve installed a virtual machine with operating system windows vista business. Every time I connect a usb-stick at the usbport, I get the following message: This device can realize a better performance. This USB-Device will realize a better performance, if it will be plugged in into a high-speed usb 2.0-connector. Can somebody tell me what i've to do.
June 19th 09 02:43 PM
by biggi Go to last post
2 283
upgrading graphic card by BigJim
I am going to upgrade my graphics card from and Nvidia 6600gt 128meg to a 7600gt 256 meg card. Is this going to cause activation problems? Also under XP I would normally remove the drivers, shutdown the system, remove old card and install the new one and reboot. Then reinstall the new drivers does this sound like the right plan. TIA
April 21st 07 11:02 PM
by Rock Go to last post
8 136
check this out Vista MB by BigJim
Asus P5B PREMIUM VISTA EDITION So now they designed a board for Vista, wonder if it comes with drivers. They should have designed a board for ME it would probably still be around. So I guess the little bumps I am having are due to my MB. Yea right!
March 13th 07 02:37 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 142
No sound on Vista by BigMonsterGirl
New computer - Compaq Presario with factory installed Vista Home Basic. I'm using the speakers from my old HP Pavilion - Polk Audio. I can get sound through them, it's just very, very faint. Is this a driver issue? I've looked in my device manager and the installed driver is a Realtek HD driver. I've been to the audio manager and troubleshot it every which way - no solution there. Any help...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 15th 07 08:09 AM
by Jack K Go to last post
20 482
on VISTA, sony vaio smart network stop working by BigMountain
My vaio is having problems with the smart network, everytime the machine starts I get this message from windows in a dialog box: "Vaio smart network stopped working. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." This all started after I install the Sony Ericsson phone suite. This may be a Sony's problem, but its broken on...
February 16th 09 02:30 PM
by xjetx Go to last post
2 220
Microsoft Office Keyboard RT9450 by bigsherv
Barcode or anyone else. I just can't get it to work. I unzipped it. Switched it to windows 2k and I still get the notice saying it is not compatible. Any suggestions? -- bigsherv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bigsherv's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31453 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=529355
January 8th 10 03:58 AM
by Big Z Go to last post
5 241
External Monitor Disables Screen Saver and Power Plan by bigvee_nh[_2_]
I have replaced an HP Pavilion notebook running XP Pro with a new HP Pavilion notebook running Vista Ultimate. I had been using an external Acer LCD monitor with the old notebook. With the new notebook and Vista, the external monitor seems to disable both the screen saver and the power plan settings. The display simply stays on indefinitely. On a couple of rare occasions I was able to get it...
February 5th 08 09:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 110
stop codes by bigwacked
I keep recieving a stop code error when i listen to music and watch videos or tv. I have contacted dell and also have the newest bios and sound drivers.. problem is really getting me.. The stop code is 0x00000124 (0x00000000,0x85CB2B60,0xB2000000,0x00000175). Of course dell said it was a new issue, i have sent an email to sigma tel and they havent replied so i dont know what is going on. I...
April 17th 07 01:20 AM
by kevmann Go to last post
4 219
Monitor shut down. by BigWiL92
Hello, I'll make it short and sweet, my monitor keeps going black all on it's own. I suspect I may have a worm, Trojan, or spyware, but am unable to correct the problem, even after repeated system sweeps. Any assistance I can get with this will be greatly appreciated. Please reply to
March 3rd 08 07:34 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 122
Vista Home Premium 64 wont boot after new video card by BigZed
Hey guys, I upgraded my video card, now i have a Geforce 260 from a geforce 8800. I installed it with no problems but then when i turned my PC on my HDD wont boot and says there is a "boot failure load system disk and press enter" I did that and now I'm trying to repair my system (as ive read on this when you swap hardware with vista). Problem is my HDD with vista on it
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 08 04:22 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
11 487
USB Pen Drive Fails by Bikini Browser[_2_]
Hello After we did an upgrade from Windows Vista home to Windows Vista Business, our USB pen drive is not recognized anymore. What could cause this and how do I fix that? Bikini Browser
October 13th 07 09:11 PM
by John Bryntze Go to last post
5 140
Moving app window from one display to the other by Bill
I just installed vista ultimate and have a dual monitor setup. My main monitor is a 22"widescreen next to a 17"standard, both LCD. If I'm viewing a maximized window on my main screen(22") and try to drag it over to the other one, I can't until I minimize it. This is ridiculous. XP would allow this just fine, even resizing the window to fit the smaller screen perfectly maximized. Please...
January 6th 08 02:46 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 125
DVD Drives by bill
Seemingly lots of web traffic about vista not seeing dvd drives. I found a solution from microsoft. It was the regedit and change filters. This was for upper and lower. And was most often associated with a speciffic kodak program. So I did the change and found out the program using upper filters was dream scenes !! Seems I can modify the filters and use the dvd at the expense of dream...
May 26th 07 05:25 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 135
Video shows low resolution VGA by bill
I have a Sony PCG FX140 and I want to see my monitor in SVGA, but only says VGA, the video chipset is the old funky 82815 intel. Which they have archived. how can i get this in a respectable display?
February 5th 07 04:15 AM
by bill Go to last post
0 185
2 Hard drives by Bill
I have a new CQ desktop SR5113WM with Vista. I instaled my old XP hard drive WD400BB, it shows up in the Device manager but it has no letter and dosen't show in Coumpter. I wanted to get old files from it. Would like help. Thanks! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 18th 07 02:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post

From The