Sata disk doesnt work in vista, Need help fast! by Thomas[_6_]
hi. just changed motherboard to k8n sli platinum but now i cannot use my sata HDD , vista just wont boot when the disk is connected. it just keep on going forever in the boot up screen. but in linux , bart pe and other free dos program, it works just fine. i tried to formate it in all of these OS but still no way to boot in vista, i even cant boot from the vista disk with the HDD...
March 11th 08 10:05 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 181
can i use pci-e 2.0 on a pci-e 1.0 mobo by Thomas[_6_]
hi i m going to buy a asus hd 3870x2 grapich card but i wounder if it would work with my k9n sli platinum? i think it is 1.0 pci e on that mobo and does any one know if you get less or more power on hd 3870x2 asuse , because there is two different version one with
March 13th 08 07:03 PM
by Thomas[_6_] Go to last post
6 205
Hello by thomasz[_2_]
Hi everyone. How’s everyone doing? Good day! -- thomasz Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
May 13th 08 12:12 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 192
PCIE and Windows Vista by Thomas Withnell
Operating System: Windows VistaT Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.070627-1500) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: americanfuture System Model: AWRDACPI BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz Memory: 2046MB RAM Page...
October 18th 07 01:24 AM
by Thomas Withnell Go to last post
1 239
Vista Business by Thomas Smith
I have 2 vista ready TV cards and after installing in the pci slot and restarting vista does not see them. I have tried to manually install but then I get an error saying the device cannot start(code 10). I have never had this problem unless the card was bad but they are not. 1 is the adstech instant hdtv and the other is the v-stream studio TV terminator with vista drivers. They both work in...
April 22nd 07 09:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 149
Can not use Sil0680 RAID 1 set by Thomas Oppenhoff
Hy, I'm using the recent Silicon Image x64 drivers for my Sil 0680 controller. Under XP I was working on a mirrored set (RAID 1) with 2 Samsung 120 GB drives. After installing Vista RC1 I can not access the RAID. Vista finds the two physical discs that it can not access, but it should find the one logical disc (the RAID set). Is there any known workaround to get my RAID 1 working?
September 28th 06 06:08 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
1 354
Dolby Digital and DTS by Thomas K.H. Bittner
.... has anybody experiences which current hardware will be supported to get Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS under Windows Vista RTM? Regards, Thomas
January 19th 07 07:41 AM
by Thomas K.H. Bittner Go to last post
3 202
Compaq Aero by Thomas Goodson
Does anybody here know of a way to get a Compaq Aero 1530 to sync to Outlook 2007 under Vista? I suspect that it will require a driver of some sort since it connects via a serial port. ** Tom **
February 15th 07 06:06 AM
by Thomas Goodson Go to last post
0 163
External USB DAC - Silverstone EB01 - Sound breaks randomly... by Thomas Edström
Hello! Just installed Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. Got one quite large problem. My external DAC, a Silverstone EB01, does not work that good. The internal soundcard on the motherboard works OK.... but with the DAC I get only noise after playing a MP3/Video for a while. The noise can dissappear after maybe 10-60 seconds. But it will come back after a few minutes.
March 17th 07 09:07 PM
by Thomas Edström Go to last post
0 114
Adjusting Mouse scroll speed by Thomas Cruse
Having an issue with adjusting the scroll speed on my Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000 on a vista laptop. When i do this by going to - Control Panel - Mouse Properties and then adjust the vertical scroll speed to fastest, i click apply and then OK to close the window. However, the scroll speed immediately reverts back to slowest, a fact made clear by both the actual slow scroll speed and by...
March 3rd 09 06:47 PM
by hammerdown Go to last post
4 182
Deleted Registry Entry by Thomas
CCleaner registry utility deleted the registry keys for cd optical drivenow vista does not reister my cd and dvd drives.CCleaner does not have a backup facility so cannot restore.The key 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 is missing.It is not in the registry.How can i get it back and get my drives working again? Thaanks Thomas
March 20th 08 03:36 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
4 191
USB device not installed by Thomas
Hi out there, I wanted to attach a TomTom Go 720T to my Windows Vista Home Premium notebook. Unfortunately Vista does not install the necessary USB mass storage driver and for that does not recognize the device. In device manager this is shown as "unknown device". I'm not able to use it and TomTom support told me that only the basic USB mass storage driver is needed and that is produced by...
December 31st 07 07:45 AM
by Thomas Go to last post
4 103
Dell Bluetooth 350 problems on Vista by Thomas
I have a Dell laptop, with a Dell 350 Bluetooth adapter. It works most of the time, but sometimes it stops working, and when this happens, the only way to fix it is to force the machine off and on. Even if I click 'shutdown', it closes the desktop and starts to shutdown, but never leaves the 'shutting down' state, so I have to force the power off. I've waited a few hours, to see if it would ever...
November 15th 07 05:58 PM
by DellCA Go to last post
2 133
SLI and Vista RC1 by Thomas
Is SLI supported in Vista yet? I've downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia (which seem to have installed correctly with some quirks) and I don't see the enable/disable feature in the Nvidia control panel that I saw with XP. Plus, Media center doesn't display at all if I have the 2nd card enabled. What's the scoop? Thanks!
September 16th 06 08:48 PM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
1 113
audio problem by Thomas
i never had audio problems. recently, i have a problem with the sound of my pc: i hear everything but the balance of the different sounds is incorrect. when i play music, the volume of the voice is too low. the overall sound is a bit metallic. when I play a movie, the sound of the voices is too low compared to the surround noise. I already tried to adapt the volume, but it did not work out.
July 19th 07 08:57 PM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 108
Upgrading hardware by Thomas
To get more out of vista ultimate i am upgrading my mobo and cpu.Will i have to re-install vista and what happens to the current mobo and cpu settings on my hard drive ?
March 17th 07 12:55 AM
by pete Go to last post
1 151
ECS KN1 motherboard and ATI RAdeon 1600 Pro Installation by Thomas
I have now tried several builds of Vista including the 5744 (?) as the latest on my ECS KN1, AMD 4400+ with ATI RAdeon 1600 graphics card. I get thru the file copy phase but when the system does the first reboot I get a blue screen at the point when it switches from the initial boot screen to something else. The codes usually found are kernel mode exception or IRQ.... or NTFS... The same code...
October 25th 06 07:41 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
0 157
dvd/cd-rom drivers not recognized by thom31
I recently replaced a dvd/cd-rom and now my pc tells me that it doesn't recognize the drivers for it.... I'm lost and need help.
February 3rd 08 03:46 PM
by halwizardoflittle Go to last post
2 118
Vista BSOD unusual dump by thisCoder
Greetings to all I have a pc I am recovering which has Vista Home Premium x64 SP1 installed. The computer has a BSOD just before it gets into the login screen (after windows loading) where the video goes out of sync and I cannot read the message. and also bsod happens in safemode (which I can read). I took out the hard drive and loaded it onto my winxp x64 machine and found no minidumps, just...
January 9th 10 11:23 AM
by Pavel A.[_2_] Go to last post
2 224
Unkown deviced bugging computer?!?! Need driver?!?! HELP! by This is so annoying.....
I run Vista Ultimate 32bit. My computer keeps nagging me that I have devices for which I don't have drivers. I ran a system health check and it says I have 2 plug and play devices that don't have drivers. The problem is, both of them are called, "#UNKOWN#". I can't get drivers for a device that I don't know what it is. How do I get the drivers? No help on Windows Update. HELP!!!
April 28th 07 11:35 PM
by Mike Byrns Go to last post

From The