  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Sitecom WL 133 wireless usb adapter by bindybandy
Really frustrated with this- Have XP home and a wirless network working fine for a year. If I install the sitecom wl 133 driver (version 1 I think it is) on Vista RC 1, it seems to install fine but cannot detect any wireless networks in range. If I reboot and select XP to load rather than Vista it detects the network fine and connects every time. It just can't seem to "see" any networks in...
November 1st 06 08:18 PM
by Jesse Go to last post
1 151
USB Device not recognized. by Mewstone
Loaded files from XP machine to install on Vista machine. When I insert the device (1GB GXT) machine says that a removeable drive is present but does not recognise the device or the contents. When I try to open it seems to be working to that end but then I get a message saying the drive needs formatting. Tried many times to open but get the same results. Any suggestions. ADH
November 1st 06 03:31 PM
by Mewstone Go to last post
2 176
Dell all-in-one photo 964 printer by Danny Lee
I have got all but the driver's to install. I cannot get the driver's to switch to window's xp sp2. What can I do? please Help.
November 1st 06 05:21 PM
by Danny Lee Go to last post
1 163
broadcom 2045 - widcomm driver 5.1.0.3100 by km
Hi, just wanted to let know those of you still in search for a vista working widcomm bt stack , that there is the above driver out. at least for me it is working well in vista (mouse and headset). you might find the package at the acer's eu ftp server, look for travelmate_6410_6460 (BTW.zip). just run and install, just be aware that the drivers are not digitally signed. this is certainly...
October 31st 06 10:53 PM
by km Go to last post
0 161
something wrong with soundcard and videocard by tianxin
I DID TRY 5384/5744/5840,I FOUND MY CREATIVE SOUNDCARD NOT WORKING GOOD. I HAVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM PRO,AFTER I INSTALL THE BETA DRIVER I DOWNLOAD FROM CREAITVE WEBSITE DEVELOPOED FOR VISTA X86,I TRY TO SETUP MY SOUNDCARD,BUT,FIRST,I CAN HEAR MY SOUND THROUGH THE SPEAKER,WHEN I OPEN THE SOUND SETTING FUNCTION FROM SYSTEM TRAY,I DIDN'T FIND MIC HAS MUTE FUNCTION-IN XP YOU WILL...
November 1st 06 03:02 PM
by dev Go to last post
2 158
Bluetooth stack unavailable by perisse
I had a problem with the BT stack and deviced to apply DELL's R11564 (Latitude 610) Bluetooth drivers. The driver install removed vista's original drivers and DFU threw out an "cannot access device" or such error. So, I ended up with no BT at all. How can I reinstall Vista's original BT stack?
November 1st 06 01:41 PM
by perisse Go to last post
0 152
SMC / D-LINK NIC cards not recognized by Vista by Geoff
My frustration with Vista has already begun. It doesn't recognize my NIC card - I have tried two different ones. First I tried a D-Link card and then I tried an SMC (I don't know the model number of either). Both were recognized with XP and had onboard drivers. Because I can't get online, I can't run the vista compatability test, or windows update etc. I'm running Build 5600 RC1. PS I have a...
November 3rd 06 01:36 AM
by Frank Fallon. Go to last post
2 152
Logitech Quickcam's installation fails (MSN, V-UAS14) by Heikki Simperi
When I plug my Logitech Quickcam MSN (V-UAS14) to USB port, the Windows starts looking for drivers. After it has downloaded, it trys to install driver. Installation will fail at the begin (=quickly). The error message is Logitech USB Camera (Messenger) "The System cannot find the file specified". How I can use my camera? Any solutions will be appreciated.
November 2nd 06 04:24 PM
by John Barnett MVP Go to last post
1 153
WARNING: For Those Dual Booting XP and Vista -- O N L Y by DCR
If you are one of the sensible people who have kept your XP installation while testing a BETA version of Vista: nVidia has released new XP drivers today
November 2nd 06 08:21 PM
by DCR Go to last post
0 147
Device Center and Win Mobile 2003 Phone Edition by rbueno
Hi everyone...I have an HP ipaq 6365 pocket PC Phone, with Win Mob 2003 Phone Edition. I´m actually have Windows Vista rc2 with Mobile Device Center Beta 3 (updated) so, when I connect my ipaq, Device Center does not recognize the device. So, is device center beta 3 compatible with Mobile 2003 Phone Edition?, Somebody did try like me with another results? Thanks
October 31st 06 03:27 PM
by rbueno Go to last post
0 140
Hauppauge Win TV 150 won't work... except in slot 1 by Gary Mount
I bought a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150, Media Center Kit a few hours ago, and when I installed the drivers, Vista crashed. To make a long story short, after trying it out in another box, running XP, I plugged it back into my Vista box, and I used the first slot of the PCI slots, and after booting up, the hardware was recognized, drivers installed, and shortly after I was up and running with Media...
October 31st 06 02:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 137
ATI XPRESS 200M - display 'settings' window keeps popping up by achristo
Hi All, Anyone know why the display settings window would keep popping up? It pops up everytime I reboot or boot. Fix? Thanks, Alan
November 2nd 06 10:33 PM
by Dean-Dean Go to last post
3 235
UMTS Card T-Mobile by Markus Klein
Hi everybody, any ideas how to run a T-Mobile UMTS PCMCIA Card with Vista RC1? Thanks. Regards Markus
October 31st 06 05:36 PM
by Markus Klein Go to last post
3 176
2 hard drives not recognized in RC1 5600 by J6
I'm using a dual-boot XP and RC1 5600 system. When I'm on XP all the physical drives ARE recognized. When I'm on RC1 vista 2 physical drives ARE NOT recognized. My thinking is that is because there are no vista drivers for the IDE controller for those two drives. According to device manager, the controller for those two unrecoginized drives is a "via bus master IDE controller -0571". I have...
November 1st 06 05:30 PM
by John R. L. Bell Go to last post
2 162
WD Caviar 7200 RPM Hard Drive by xcelatit
RC-1 wont install because it cant find the driver for my main hard drive.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 06 04:06 PM
by Arny Krueger Go to last post
12 282
USB Problem - All devices by Deiota
Hello! I've installed Windows Vista RC2 5744 x86 on my laptop but I'm having problems with USB ports! On device manager, all ports are installed and drivers are up to date an working correctly but the main thing is Vista won't detect any of my USB devices! Neither 3 Pen drives, neither Pocket PC and neither optical mouses!
October 31st 06 04:13 PM
by rogerlebo Go to last post
3 151
Freeze and soundloop with onboard Realtek High Definition Audio by Rasmus Bertelsen
I have a serious problem. The Realtek Sound Control cannot load, and if i play MP3 files for more than approx. 30 minutes the computer freezes and goes into a sound loop, which i only can stop by turning of the computer on the switch on the back of the computer. Im using Windows Vista RC 1 Build 5600. Regards, Rasmus Bertelsen
November 1st 06 10:56 PM
by Rasmus Bertelsen Go to last post
5 192
Is it a bug in windows vista 64 that 2gb sd cards don't work by jpgring23
Is this a bug or is it just my machine? I am using a emachines laptop M6805 with athlon 64 3000 It has a built in card reader. When I insert my Corsair 133x 2GB SD card it says you need to format the disk in drive G: before you can use it. When I plug in an external memory card reader it says the same thing. when I pluy in the external mermory card reader into an windows 2000 or xp machine...
October 31st 06 05:38 PM
by jpgring23 Go to last post
3 175
Just FYI: Creative XP Drivers for X-Fi by DCR
Creative posted new XP drivers for the X-Fi sound cards (sorry o n l y for XP)
November 1st 06 04:39 PM
by DCR Go to last post
4 142
adsl driver by chainsaw_bike
i cant find a driver for my itex adsl modemthat will work in vista(5600) when i try to install it it says it cant find a file but i have downloadad the driver from different places and ditfferent versions
November 3rd 06 01:01 AM
by chainsaw_bike Go to last post

From The