  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Post SP1 AHCI Trouble by narcan[_2_]
After installing vista service pack 1 on my pc, it started hanging occasionally. This doesn't happen when I disable AHCI in the bios. Anyone any ideas as how I could fix this? (I'm running Vista Ultimate)
April 27th 08 04:19 PM
by narcan[_2_] Go to last post
2 107
External Monitor Disables Screen Saver and Power Plan by bigvee_nh[_2_]
I have replaced an HP Pavilion notebook running XP Pro with a new HP Pavilion notebook running Vista Ultimate. I had been using an external Acer LCD monitor with the old notebook. With the new notebook and Vista, the external monitor seems to disable both the screen saver and the power plan settings. The display simply stays on indefinitely. On a couple of rare occasions I was able to get it...
February 5th 08 10:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 107
Question about Windows Vista when upgrading CPU by Kin
Dear All, Previously I upgraded my Windows XP to Windows Vista under AMD Athlon 64 system, now I would like to upgrade my CPU to 64x2 under the same motherbroad. I want to ask if this will affect the Windows? Do I need to buy another Windows Vista License to make this CPU upgrade? Thanks in advance. Best Regards,
February 2nd 08 07:52 PM
by A Go to last post
4 107
PCI Device Unplugged by roan
I have an Acer 4310 laptop running Vista Ultimate 32bit, out of nowhere it tries to install PCI Device but cannot find it and says "PCI Device Unplugged". When i check the Device Manager, my DVD and Wi-fi is missing. How can i prevent this from happening? and it also always go on a bluescreen. Please Help! -- roan
February 13th 08 05:45 AM
by roan Go to last post
0 107
problem in cd/dvd drive detection by avadh2112
Hi . i am windows vista user and i am using a laptop in which since 2 days i m having a problem where the computer is not showing the f drive that is the cd/dvd drive......it only shows "C" and "D" drive and not the 3rd drive which it should show....in the device manager as well its not showing the 3rd drive.So i cant use any cd or dvd as its not showing the device on my pc. help me regarding...
February 17th 08 12:06 AM
by avadh2112 Go to last post
0 107
NEW Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 4.87 19 February 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
NEW Realtek HD Audio Driver (ver. 4.87 19 February 2008): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs 1. Fix recording issue for ALC269. 2. Customizations I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
February 23rd 08 09:08 PM
by Ryka[_3_] Go to last post
2 107
Microsoft Comfort keyboard problem by Charlie42[_2_]
Hi, I have got a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000v.1.0 keyboard that causes a peculiar problem. The keyboard is connected to an Acer Aspire 5102 by USB. The box says 'Works with Vista'. Funnily enough, the problem occurs when I unplug it (there is no Safe Ejection option): The right side of the laptop's own keyboard then goes haywire, displaying 1 for j's, 3 for l's, minus for p's and so on....
February 24th 08 10:55 PM
by Charlie42[_2_] Go to last post
2 107
in hibernation-- turning off usb device connected via USB hub-- by Robert J. Lafayette
Vista Home Premium, Desktop, several USB ports. Issue related to Hibernation, not sleep. Have a 7 port USB hub, to which a device (external HDD) is connected. The device is a 120Gb external non a/c powered HDD. I wish to have device turned 'off' when the computer hibernates (that is no green light on device, no lights at all on the computer either).
February 24th 08 11:30 PM
by Robert J. Lafayette Go to last post
0 107
Serial RS232 Adapter for Windows Vista by Yorgy
Hello, We have a gadge device that uses an RS232 serial adapter that we would like to connect it to our Windows Vista computer. We are trying to import data from the gadge into an excel spreadsheet. When I try to use the Hardware Wizard to install the device, Windows does not detect anything connected to any serial ports... Does anyone have any ideas?
April 16th 08 01:12 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 107
Sound to 2 playback devices by ra6787[_3_]
Is it possible to set Vista to output sound to 2 different playback devices? I would like to output to speakers and to bluetooth heaphones at the same time. The reason being that when I switch from one to the other, the program I'm using doesn't switch sound to the new device. Be it WMP or iTunes, neither will automatically switch to the headphones when I turn them on, or to the speakers when I...
January 4th 08 07:30 PM
by ra6787[_3_] Go to last post
0 107
Vista won't delete folders unless empty (Maxtor Shared Storage) by [email protected]
I have an MSS 200 Gb that works fine with all Windows XP SP2 computers. My new Vista Ultimate PC recognizes, reads, writes, copies, deletes files in the MSS no problem, except I cannot delete any folders in the drive unless they are empty first. What gives? Also, this is a public folder (not password protected--never has been-- even under XP). Reading through Maxtor Knowledgebase, I see...
February 18th 08 10:41 PM
by CMShepard Go to last post
2 107
Blu-Ray by Craig008
i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine, but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason when nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd party. so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they are in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated -- grapes
January 5th 08 01:32 AM
by Grae Go to last post
2 107
update installation failed by igal
Here is report: Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - HP Photosmart C3100 Series (DOT4USB) Installation date: ‎11/‎13/‎2007 3:00 AM Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 80070103
January 13th 08 11:12 AM
by philpeat Go to last post
1 107
Scroll Wheel Desktop Icon Size Problem by Shadowman
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. You know how you can resize the desktop icons by holding down control and using the scroll wheel? I'm experiencing an issue whe 1. I leave the computer idle for at least 20 minutes or longer, until the monitor turns off. During this time I may or may not have browser or other windows open --...
January 3rd 08 06:01 PM
by blynn1 Go to last post
1 107
Dual monitor support on Intel 82852/82855? by William Albert
Has anyone gotten dual-monitor support to work properly? Mine is stuck in cloned display mode, and attempting to extend the desktop onto the second monitor doesn't seem to have any effect. I've tried using the XP drivers, and while the drivers installed, Vista didn't load them, any any further attempts at loading the driver fails with a message saying that a file couldn't be found.
January 20th 07 01:41 PM
by P Cause Go to last post
3 106
Kodak C603 Camera driver grrrrr! by Judy
Vista can't find the driver. The driver's in the software that came with the camera and I've also downloaded it from Kodak's sight. Vista is not finding it...this is pretty frustrating as now I have no way to send any pictures to anyone! Vista recognizes the hardware, just not the driver. Any suggestions?
January 20th 07 03:20 AM
by Tom Go to last post
5 106
Vista RC1 + new Radeon = molasses. by Roadstergal
RC1 ran fine on my built machine - Jetway P4M890 motherboard, Pentium 4 775 CPU, 512MB RAM. I installed a Radeon X550 (PCI Exp. 16, 128bit, 256meg), and the machine now... runs... very... slowly. It could teach things to slugs. It is at a level of slowness that is basically unusable. When I look at device manager (with great patience as it slowly opens), I see only one adapter (the...
November 12th 06 06:38 AM
by Roadstergal Go to last post
0 106
x1800xt drivers problem by TheMafioso
Hi, I have a big problem with the drivers for my x1800xt. I use the last drivers downloaded in ati webpage and when i try install it the program look for my display card and say me he do not find my video hardware... The install is aborted and i cannot install drivers... And i cannot install drivers manually because my display adapter is not
November 24th 06 10:51 PM
by TheMafioso Go to last post
0 106
USB Pen drive by ian uk
Can't use any (and ive tried a few makes) usb flash drives in vista. I ve upgraded my xp install with the visa business upgrade that comes in the action pack. whenever i try a usb flash drive , it searches for a driver then says error installed software for disk drive "parameter in incorrect" . tried a clean install on another pc and all the usb sticks work. help !! don't really want to...
January 29th 07 04:52 PM
by ian uk Go to last post
0 106
Issues with linksys systems by Andrew
I think there might be an issue with the linksys hardware and Vista. I was running Beta 2 for a few months without any issues with my wireless card but now that I have installed RC1 5600 I get dropped from my home network every few seconds. I know I am getting a good IP address, dns, etc., and I have tried uninstalling the drivers but to no avail. I am currently at work and have not had an...
September 17th 06 08:29 PM
by Jamie Go to last post

From The