LCD Monitor by Thierry Dymon
I have two computers with LCD monitor with nVidia 6600 GT card. I have some problems during installation because vista (and XP) using CRT settings instead of LCL, and i have out of sync monitor problems. With XP, this problem vanish when logon screen appear, but with vista, the monitor stay dissynchronized... My current vista version is RC1
October 10th 06 11:56 AM
by Michael Go to last post
3 133
Bluetooth between Vista and iPaq by Thierry
Hi, I've just bought a new laptop (ASUS F3JC) with integrated bluetooth and running Vista to use with my 'old' iPaq 5450 that has too, a bluetooth connection. The aim is to synchronize my iPaq with the laptop, as I used to do it with XP. Also, I've downloaded the final version of Mobile Device Center. The iPaq detects the laptop and vice-versa using bluetooth.
March 2nd 07 11:38 AM
by Thierry Go to last post
2 217
hard drive problem by thi
im haven a problem with my second hard drive the problem is it dont show up on vista. i had window min, both drive was working fine. i format both drive only one work but the other dont any suggestions?
January 3rd 08 09:23 AM
by thi Go to last post
5 158
What could be wrong? by the_retro_fox
I have tried everything to get this to work!!! Windows Vista 32bit RC1 works fine and installed. My monitor is connected to my PCI-E nvidia 7900gt and windows vista shows up fine. Then I noticed I didn't have aero glass- just basic Aero. So I investgated and looked into my display properties- There was no video card- everything was blank. I clicked properties and it said"vgaSave". I...
November 29th 07 03:40 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
5 174
Cd Drives Mulfunctioning by The_power99[_2_]
At our house we have 4 HP Compaq nx6325 laptops, they came with Win xp on them but have the windows vista capable logo on them. We have upgraded two of them with windows vista home basic which has been working fine in most cases. But their seems to be something wrong with the cd drives. Sometimes when the computers are turned on the CD drives are missing in the "computer" location and when...
July 2nd 08 03:19 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 244
sound problem by they dont listing my voice
i hear everything from my computer music ,music videos ,i can see film and i listining everything but when i am calling they dont hear my voice and also when i am online and calling to them i hear their voice but they dont hear my voice.
September 28th 07 04:56 PM
by Rojo Habe Go to last post
4 109
MS IntelliPoint mouse software inefficiency by theultramage
Using Sysinternals Process Monitor, I noticed that the MS IntelliPoint software (which I installed to customize mouse buttons) performs numerous registry accesses _every time I switch windows (alt+tab)_! Basically it just looks up the key mappings over and over again. This is very inefficient - why doesn't it just look up the values at startup and store them in memory? I wish this gets...
May 19th 07 10:17 PM
by theultramage Go to last post
0 125
my dvd drive is missing by thetrent
its missing from: 1. My Computer 2. Device Manager it seems as if my dvd drive was never even made. there are no drivers for it. not even reference to is as ever being thought of by pioneer. it is a pioneer DVR-K16RS. i have searched everywhere for a fix to this problem and i'm at the point of pulling out my hair. theres no such thing as an upper or lower filters in vista so please don't...
October 15th 07 07:05 PM
by Rob[_2_] Go to last post
8 136
dvd problem by thetrent
i recently upgraded to vista ultimate from xp and now it wont recognize that i have a dvd drive. it says that i dont even have one in there. what happened?
August 27th 07 02:38 PM
by thetrent Go to last post
2 99
USB can't access by Thet
Hi, I am using Vista business, I get access is denied on dvd player SD/ MMS and all usb devices, red circles around the DVD and USB icons in explorer . When DVD is isnserted it gives error message : "Access violation at address 0049DA05 in module ‘ awtray.exe’. read of address 00000000"
October 6th 07 02:33 PM
by Thet Go to last post
2 134
DiInstallDevice with DIIDFLAG_INSTALLNULLDRIVER fails for Modem de by [email protected]
Hi, installation of a NULL-driver for a device of class "Modem" fails with error code 0xE0000203 (ERROR_NO_DRIVER_SELECTED). DiInstallDevice is called as follows: BOOL NeedReboot = FALSE; if (!DiInstallDevice( NULL, //HWND hwndParent OPTIONAL, mHandle, //HDEVINFO DeviceInfoSet, mDeviceInfoData ...
July 21st 08 01:51 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 211
Trouble with headphones and wireless card by TheRusty
Hi all, Recently I purchased a new system for myself (hurrah for tax returns) and so far, it's a pretty nice system. It runs Vista, obviously, and I've encountered a pair of problems. One major, one minor. First, the major problem is that it doesn't seem to want to install my wireless card. I'm using a ZoNet 802.11g Wireless LAN PCI adapter, and I swear, I've tried everything. The...
May 15th 09 07:10 AM
by TheRusty[_2_] Go to last post
1 279
Class Not Registered Error Prevents Device Manager from Opening by TheRogersinUSA
I have been running Vista Ultimate for 4-5 months. I just recently started to receive the pop-up error message 'Class Not Registered' when trying to open the Vista Device Manager. When I close the panel, nothing else happens -- i.e., Device Manager doesn't launch. I see from a few other posts (not on this site) that others have experienced this problem, but no resolution was provided. ...
October 15th 07 11:42 PM
by TheRogersinUSA Go to last post
4 160
Help! Mouse Wheel Scrolling Resizes Screens by therock[_9_]
Got a weird one. Maybe a Ctrl button stuck but need to ask. When I scroll the mouse wheel text size changes like the Ctrl key is pressed. In word, webb browsers, and so on. Any one? Any way to disable the Ctrl press and scroll text or screen zoom? --
April 5th 08 04:55 AM
by therock[_10_] Go to last post
2 228
Thinking Of Going To x64, My Setup........ by therock[_3_]
Hi folks, First post here. ( I think) So if I'm in the wrong place or you have links to help please toss em over. I'm gonna put a list of devices and software and if you see something that will not run please tell me. The OS * Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM.
March 10th 08 11:05 PM
by therock[_6_] Go to last post
7 178
1st Raid Card Install, Need jump Start... by therock[_11_]
Hi Folks, My System config will be listed below. I have ran on board RAID and need advise or pointers to get me going with the Areca-1200 and two WD RE3 750GB hard drives. My humble skill level: I built my vista 64bit system myself from the ground up. A very nice smooth experience. Scary smooth.
November 14th 08 04:03 AM
by therock[_11_] Go to last post
0 328
Getting A New HDD And Need To XFR To It by therock[_11_]
I'm running a single 750GB WD Green hard drive. I'm going to a RAID 1 setup onto 2 750GB WD RE3 HDDs'. I need to clone or ghost to one of the new hard drives. Can I just do a show hidden files, un-hide protected operating system files and do a drag and drop onto the new drive? It would be a shame to have to buy a program for a one time deal.
November 13th 08 05:49 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 321
Removable Storage Managment? by therock[_11_]
In control panel/programs and features/Turn Windows features on or off/ In the list is "Removable Storage Managment". What is this? It's deselected by default. I ask because I have an eSATA external HDD box I want to have spin down after inactivity and wonder if this will help.
August 20th 09 11:58 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
1 160
entering bios screen by therock511
I just built my new computer gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R mother board, IntelE6850 CPU, 4gigs OCZ 2G8002GK memory, 2 Western Digital 74 gig Raptor hard drives, Microsoft wireless desktop 6000 keyboard and mouse, Vista Ultimate. My problem is that at boot up I can't get to the bios screen. It seems like my keyboard dosen't work until I get to the password screen on windows. Can someone please help...
October 17th 07 05:36 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
5 102
Hardware devices problem in vista home by thermoblasto
i bought a HP pavilion with Windows vista Home Premium. But for the last 2 months i am facing a serious driver problem. My windows dont recognize any hardware. Not even any USB flash drive or any bluetooth device or even any SD card... plz help...
August 15th 07 02:04 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post

From The