After installing Vista RC1 I cant access BIOS and select boot devi by uba
Afert installind i tryed to access bios but i cant, in system startup i press F2, message is showed that going to bios but windows starts, witout goint to bios. How to i can go to bios????
October 7th 06 10:54 PM
by Pasquale Spagnuolo Go to last post
2 125
Since install Vista RC1 I cannot see or access my DVD-ROM type dev by ghill0463.software1
Since I installed RC1 I cannot access my DVD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD-RW drives. When I check the properties of the drives in Device Manager, this is the error message that I get: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a...
October 7th 06 09:21 PM
by VR6CH Go to last post
2 134
Two drives show up as "RAW" by Rune Moberg
I have three SCSI drives and a SATA drive. Longhorn is installed on the SATA drive, the first SCSI drive is the boot drive. Those drives show up OK, but the other two are marked as RAW and only accessible from my old Windows installation... I'm using an Adaptec 29160 controller. Ideas?
October 7th 06 08:02 PM
by Rune Moberg Go to last post
0 144
Tom Lakes' Response by VeronJonz
Tom your donation was not helpful, it's MOOT! If "VISTA" has a remedy, then why isn't it "POSTED" all of the current data is diseminated, however it is non functional, it's not allowing MS Office 12, it says it does not recognize the program. When I tried to update it it told me that it is not installed on my system.....What I'm trying to convey is "VISTA" is currently for my E-Mail. The...
October 7th 06 07:47 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
4 146
Microphone not working on Sony Vaio by Danny Miller
I have a Sony Vaio SZ120P laptop. Under audio in device manager, it lists SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec . I have a Intel 945GM Chipset motherboard. My microhpone fails to work though for some reason. Everything else seems to work ok. Someone posted a link to a Sigmatel driver on Dell's site R99254, but when I tried installing the setup,exe, i get a "Device object not present , please...
October 7th 06 06:41 PM
by Danny Miller Go to last post
1 131
H/W probs by weeman5872
hey all, i was running Windows Vista RC1, but i needed to get a driver for my graphics card cas The Sims 2 wasn't displaying itself correctly (i think it forced itself in to DX7 support :P) i got the new graphics card driver and installed it, but when i rebooted, i got the following error "I/O disk error" but that was cas i had a flash drive plugged in, so i rebooted again, without the...
October 7th 06 04:31 PM
by weeman5872 Go to last post
0 129
USR5410 pcmcia wireless drivers? by Xman
The instalation advisor said I could get the driver from Windows Update but nothing could be found there. The XOP driver does not work. Any ideas?
October 7th 06 03:29 PM
by Xman Go to last post
0 133
No sound !! grr. by Fuzion
Hello. I got a creative SB 2 ZS sound card it works fine for xp. and when i goes to vista it works for 15 sec then there is no sound and then i cant use the vista full performence with no sound !! help
October 7th 06 02:09 PM
by Mick Go to last post
3 156
Mice and touchpads by Gene Fitz
I have an HP 7030us notebook. It has a touchpad mouse built in. I don't use it, I bought a wireless notebook mouse. My issue is this, in XP, I could disable my touchpad, and just use my regular mouse. However in Vista I haven't found out how to do that. My mouse settings will allow me to disable my wireless mouse, but not the touchpad. Is there any way around that?
October 7th 06 11:56 AM
by Photubias Go to last post
1 121
Network adapter will not work after Vista install by Andy Green
I have the same problem too, I have a ic Plus IP100 10/100, I tried to load drivers from my motherboard CD but it will not load anything. I also tried loading my talktalk modem with the CD it came with it, so I have no way of connecting to the net what so ever "Jerry Truong" wrote: I have the same problem too. Vista x64 won't recognize my IC Plus 10/100 Fast Ethernet adapter and the...
October 7th 06 09:32 AM
by Andy Green Go to last post
0 133
ATI resolution by José António Silva
Hi . I have a question regarding my ATI Radeon X800XT resolution: In WinXP I can get 1920 X 1200 @ 32 bits, but in Win Vista RC1 5728 ( as it was in previuos builts) I can only reach 1920 X 1080. This is the maximum resolution I got either with the built-in drivers or with the ATI Vista RC1 drivers. My monitor is a BenQ 23" FP231W, and it's drivers are properly installed and the monitor...
October 7th 06 08:39 AM
by D. Lee Go to last post
4 119
GeForce Go Problems by Sapaca
I just installed Vista on my laptop and it did not detect my Video Card as the GeForce Go 7200 that it is. I don't know what drivers to go for or anything, and a lot of features are disabled because Vista thinks I have a lousy card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Sapaca
October 7th 06 06:28 AM
by Sapaca Go to last post
5 111
Cingular Novatel U730 card not working on build 5600 by AtlantaX
Build 5600 Cingular Novatel U730 Most recent versions of drivers, firmware, and using MOBILINK connection manager. Attempt to connect, it says "READY", "CONNECTING", "AUTHENTICATING" then ERROR 628: Something about remote sire disconnecting. MODEM DIAGNOSTIC LOG SAYS:
October 7th 06 03:41 AM
by AtlantaX Go to last post
0 139
Cingular Novatel U730 card not working on build 5600 by AtlantaX
Build 5600 Cingular Novatel U730 Most recent versions of drivers, firmware, and using MOBILINK connection manager. Attempt to connect, it says "READY", "CONNECTING", "AUTHENTICATING" then ERROR 628: Something about remote sire disconnecting. MODEM DIAGNOSTIC LOG SAYS:
October 7th 06 03:40 AM
by AtlantaX Go to last post
0 126
The strangest thing happened on my way to get sound out of Vista by voowe2
I hope someone out in the forum can help me understand this: I can't figure out for the life of me, why after installing the previous version of Windows Vista Beta 2 that I got sound out it with my current sound card: Soundblaster Live! gamer. But now with this new version: Windows Vista (RC1), I can't get sound out it. Using the same sound card. I can't believe Microsoft would release a...
October 7th 06 02:02 AM
by Leadfoot Go to last post
7 237
Cannot create a bootable DOS floppy in Vista by Spirefm
For reasons beyond me, Vista will not create a bootable DOS floppy. Is this a bug, or deliberate? I f so, why? Colin
October 7th 06 12:53 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
3 123
RC1 5600, Segate 120GB SATA and Kingiston DataTraveler 512MB USB F by DiDo FRGT/10
Ok.. I started noticing this bug two days ago.. First of all, files are desappering from my pc!! At first I thought tht I deleted them or some1 else did, but I copied 3 files yesterday and today I can't find neither on the location I copied them 2 or anywhere else!! 2nd, I don't have a DSL connecting at home, so what I do is tht I go to the net cafe near my house download the files I want,...
October 7th 06 12:50 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 156
RC2 by Theo
Where is the link to RC2? Supposedly it was released within the last couple of hours.
October 6th 06 11:55 PM
by HDRDTD Go to last post
2 360
Dialup Modem driver needed Please! by Lsdmeasap
I am using RC1. I have 2 modems I have been trying to use. One is a Best Data/smartlink 56k which will not load, althouhg I have seen users here say it will. I also have a Intel 536ep which I have seen many more users here say it works as well, I can get neither to work. I have spent 2 days trying and looking. I have no way to use the update site to check for a update there as My only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 06 10:37 PM
by Lsdmeasap Go to last post
10 271
Brightness option missing by GraveKing
The brightness option is missing from the windows mobility center Can somone help me?
October 6th 06 04:08 PM
by GraveKing Go to last post

From The