green dots by Tyler
My video card is acting strange, can anyone tell me what to do? For some reason when I game my screen blanks to black. It can only be fixed by opening and closing the task manager, and even then it blanks again after only a few minutes. When I quit the game, it says my video card has encountered an error, but recovered. Outside of games, there are green dots all over my screen that move...
January 6th 08 08:17 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 115
How to remove duplicate device drivers? by Tyler Cobb
At some point unknown to me, possibly after a BIOS flash, I ended up losing my network device object in Device Manager and in its place I now have a "Network Device #2". The whole #2 designation alone was enough to drive me nuts, but now the original Network Connection icon of "BellSouth.net" (my ISP) is also gone and in its place is "Local Area Network 3". When I try to rename LAN3 back to...
April 14th 07 03:24 PM
by Tyler Cobb Go to last post
2 145
Microphone by Tyler Prorok
Hello. I recently purchased Windows Vista, and have had an error with my microphone. I have my microhone setup through a push-to-talk button, as if I was to program a key on my keybored and my microphone would turn of for all to hear. Programs that Vista recconize's, or are commonly used like Internet Explorer, MSN, TeamSpeak, my microphone will work. But, programs like Xfire, Call of Duty,...
March 8th 07 09:03 PM
by Tyler Prorok Go to last post
0 128
BSOD: usbohci.sys on RC1 by Tyler Rosolowski
Hello Everyone, I have been using Vista RC1 on a ThinkPad R52 (Model 1858-6MM) and when resuming from hibernation I sometimes get a bugcheck 0x000000d1 (0x00000080, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xbaed0b6c) Anyone else experiencing this? I have the post RC1 but can't be bothered to upgrade to this, as it takes around 6 hours to get all my apps reinstalled. Does anyone know if the version of...
October 4th 06 05:01 AM
by Tyler Rosolowski Go to last post
0 204
BSOD on usbohci.sys RC1 by Tyler Rosolowski
Hello Everyone, I have been using Vista RC1 on a ThinkPad R52 (Model 1858-6MM) and when resuming from hibernation I sometimes get a bugcheck 0x000000d1 (0x00000080, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xbaed0b6c) Anyone else experiencing this? I have the post RC1 but can't be bothered to upgrade to this, as it takes around 6 hours to get all my apps reinstalled. Does anyone know if the version of...
October 4th 06 05:03 AM
by Tyler Rosolowski Go to last post
0 205
Is there a way to uninitialize a just initialized drive without formatting? by Typhoon859
I initialized the HDD I was using for my PS3 with Disc Management so that Windows can read it when I right away realized that it wasn't such a great idea. Is there any way whatsoever that I can undo that so the PS3 can read it again? -- Typhoon859
December 21st 08 05:37 PM
by Typhoon859 Go to last post
1 173
USB Devices Not Recognized by Typicalgirl
Vista stopped recognizing my installed USB devices yesterday. System restore, Last Known Good Config and reinstalling the device drivers have not corrected the problem. Also did a registry clean and repair. Tried renaming INFCACHE.1 to INFCACHE.1.bak Tried the hotfix mentioned in a similar post. Ran a registry scan and repair. Devices include memory stick, webcam, printer, wireless KB and...
December 31st 07 01:50 PM
by AlexB[_2_] Go to last post
7 184
seagate barracuda / vista compatability by tyrram
ok this is really complicated but here goes. I have 2 systems an xp sp1 with an elite board and a vista x64 with an evge 750i now i got this sea gate barracuda 500gb to use as another drive in the vista machine and it worked fine for awhile then it started not being recognized after shutting down so i would have to unplug it and plug it back in and restart sometime a few times before the vista...
August 12th 08 05:32 AM
by Titancom Go to last post
3 228
PnP Driver Not Found. Cannot use USB ports. Help please. by TZac
Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 which was until recently quite happily running Vista. I recently installed MagicDisc which is a freeware app that can be installed with magicIso. MagicDisc is a virtual drive emulation app. On the download site it said it was Vista compatible but when you install, Vista pops up with a known compatibility issues error. Anyway I went ahead. Now none of my USB...
February 7th 07 10:48 PM
by TZac Go to last post
1 250
Wireless Networking Problem by U1
I keep getting this message and have no idea how to fix it: Wireless networking problem You received this message because hardware or software in your computer caused Windows to shut down unexpectedly and restart. This is a serious problem, commonly referred to as a stop error or blue screen. Although the specific cause of this problem is not known, it appears to be related to wireless...
December 1st 08 04:41 PM
by Scott Go to last post
2 275
Tremendous Display Issues, BSOD/etc by u4ea
Hello, Ever since roughly 2 weeks after I bought my Gateway FX laptop, I've been getting several different FRUSTRATING display issues. I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit, I have a 9800M GTS, 4GB of DDR3, and a 2.26GHZ DuoCore. Where to begin, lets see... I constantly get the BSOD blaming nvlddmkm.sys, my computer constantly freezes up on games, we're talking full-blown freeze, not just a CTD, I...
May 22nd 09 06:11 AM
by Steve McGarrett Go to last post
4 353
DVD Drivers by Ualaa
Windows recently did an update, for the Defender definitions. Prior to that my system was running fine. After that update, the dvd-rom will not read dvd's, audio cd's, games etc. In control panel, it says the device driver is missing or corrupted. When I go to the device in device manager and try to update the device, it says it is using the best driver already. I tried removing the...
November 26th 07 03:12 PM
by cardog Go to last post
4 103
iPod and other USB devices not working with Vista by UAN
John of course that the problem is Vista, I do not know if you are using IpOD, Sony digital cameras, Blackberry phones or simple kingston usb, everyone at my company and may people that I know have the same trouble. How is possible that with windows xp everythiing is working fine but within vista everything fails... "John Boy" wrote: Mithun wrote: Hey, I justed installed my copy of...
January 22nd 07 03:03 AM
by krypticide Go to last post
1 186
USB device appears on boot always? by uanmi
I put a memory stick in my computer and it worked. I did a safe remove on the memory stick, yet now everytime I reboot I get four drives appearing. I do a safe remove again and they go away. This happens everytime I restart and it is getting annoying. I would appreciate ideas. -- regards, Mark
November 25th 06 04:41 AM
by uanmi Go to last post
0 123
HP Laserjet 3380 by uanmi
I have a 3380 connected to an XP computer using the PCL6 driver. When I try to connect to it using Vista I get an error saying the monitor is not supported. I loaded the printer drivers in Vista using the lpt1: just to see what is available and I find that only the PCL5 driver is available with Vista. Does anyone have any ideas about what to do to get my printer connected? -- regards, Mark
November 23rd 06 09:01 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 147
After installing Vista RC1 I cant access BIOS and select boot devi by uba
Afert installind i tryed to access bios but i cant, in system startup i press F2, message is showed that going to bios but windows starts, witout goint to bios. How to i can go to bios????
October 7th 06 10:54 PM
by Pasquale Spagnuolo Go to last post
2 125
Is there a graphics driver for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV for Vis by ubuntu
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a driver for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller that will work on Vista, I went to intel.ca and downloaded the newest version on the driver but it doesnt work on vista.
May 7th 07 12:54 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 136
After wring CD appears blank by Uday Sahgal
I recently installed SP1 for vista home basic 32 bit. I find that when I burn CD on my laptop with Pioneer DVD-RW, the burn processs completes but the CD's appear blank. I tried with Live system and Mastered but same result. I cannot play /open the CD's burned on my Laptop. Appreciate help in resolving this issue. -- Uday
July 28th 08 10:40 AM
by usafxai Go to last post
1 172
Reinstalling driver on connecting HP L7580 AIO by Uday Sahgal
I find that every time I reconnect my HP L7580 All in One thru USB cable, the drivers get reinstalled. This typically takes about 15 minutes. I can see the icon in task bar showing all the drivers being installed. HP help line is on help as they say this problem is with Windowns Vista. I use Win Vista Home Basic 32 bit. Appreciate any help -- Regards Uday
December 6th 07 02:04 PM
by Gaza Go to last post
5 146
creative sound blaster 5.1 by udey rishi
i have a creative sound blaster 5.1...i removed d windows xp that i earlier had n installed a fresh copy of windows vista......d drivers that i gt in d CD with the sound card worked very well with xp....i tried 2 install d drivers from d cd that i got.....d setup said that d drivers are not made for this version of windows...but i tried to install d drivers using the compatibility wizard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 09 12:31 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post

From The