Sleeping mode to save energy only works once by Udo
When I start VISTA, everything works fine and I can use the stand by function. When I do this a second time, systems goes into stand by mode, but then starts immediatly again for no reason. powercfg -Lastwake doesn't give any information. BIOS is correct. Can anyone help? -- Udo Nitsche
May 19th 07 04:09 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 152
MS sidewinder Strategic commander driver by Udo Arz
playing wow with the strategic commander (from microsoft) unter xp was no problem, but the driver doesn´t work under vista. need Help. greetings Pfurz
August 7th 07 01:40 PM
by turbotoes Go to last post
3 141
Not able to power down? by UGA Dawgs
We have a Gateway MA3 with Turion 64 and originally equipped with XP bought Nov. '06. We received the Gateway Vista Express upgrade, 32-bit and installed it. Everything works fine except: 1.) Does not completely power down. If I choose the shut off, goes through all the correct steps then screen goes black/blank but the power button stays on and the lap top cannot be restarted unless...
April 7th 07 08:39 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 140
Vista running slowly and making odd noise. by uhluhtc
Hello everybody. I need some help with an odd tech problem. I'm working with a Windows Vista HP Pavillion PC. No hardware has been modified. I'm not sure which version I have, I think I have all but the most recent update. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or not, but here goes. Anyway, about 4 months ago, my computer started acting odd. It would make an odd ticking, or...
February 15th 08 04:41 PM
by uhluhtc Go to last post
5 125
Flash Drive Not Getting Sensed By Vista by Uh_Oh
I have a flash drive by verbatim and it has previously worked on my Windows XP computer and it says that it is also able to be used on Vista but when I plug the device into my USB port it doesn't show up in my computer but it says in the bottom right the safely remove symbol. I don't know what to do any help is greatly appreciated.
December 29th 07 03:04 PM
by Doc[_3_] Go to last post
2 125
V652 CyberPhone K by ukguy
Windows upgrage advisor stated this device should work. Vista installs the driver, but comes back with message the driver did not install correctly. I tried to update driver, but vista states this driver is uptodate. anybody have any suggestions? many thanks Chris
April 27th 07 09:04 PM
by B Hope Go to last post
5 140
Cant connect Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Controller by Ukulele_ninja
I just bought a wireless 360 guitar hero controller to use with GH3 for pc. I was told by microsoft earlier that my Wireless Optical Desktop Receiver 3.0A that I use for my wireless desktop would work to connect my controller, but I dont know how to do it. I held down the button on the receiver and pressed the connect button on the controller but they wont sync up. I also downloaded the Xbox...
January 5th 08 04:45 AM
by Ukulele_ninja Go to last post
0 102
2,3 ide drives disappear by [email protected]
i have 3 physical IDE drives (the primary , and a slave , plus another as master on second channel + my DVD as the 4th ide device on installing Vista ultimate , runs - but , but every so often , (maybe every couple of days) , wil be 1/2 way thru doing something , and all the drives (physical , and partition) , will all dissapear , except the c (windows) drive , this doesnt seem to...
June 6th 07 08:22 AM
by joker Go to last post
3 166
Driver Problem with Canon LBP2900 Printer by [email protected]
Hi Folks, Unfortunately, I encounter a problem with my brand new laser printer Canon LBP2900. It is connected to my computer (Windows Vista) via an USB cable and works properly as long as I am offline. But once I go online, data transfer from the computer to the printer will take several minutes. This phenomenon seems not to depend on the size of the file to be printed. Pages are not printed...
December 2nd 07 05:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 111
Possible to detect prohibited graphics hardware acceleration by UlrichK
I read in a lot of places that disabling the graphics hardware acceleration might be forbidden with Windows Vista. I also have a computer/graphics card like this: the slider/option in "Troubleshooting" is missing and it says changing this setting is forbidden by the driver. My question: How can I detect programmatically that disabling the hardware acceleration is prohibited? This is useful...
September 26th 08 06:24 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
1 270
Find out active graphics device programmatically (registry key) by UlrichK
Hello all. I am trying to control graphics hardware acceleration programmatically. My question is: How can I find the GUID of the active display device? What I already found out: The registry key for controlling this hardware acceleration is HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\\0000\Acceleration.Level
September 24th 08 10:20 AM
by UlrichK Go to last post
1 235
ups battery systems-- by ultimate d rich
in vista ultimate, when system boots, and i look at taskmanager, i see that mainserve (the battery software) is using 60% of cpu cycles and 30 %of memory can't figure out why i find myself shutting off the connection between the battery and the system to reduce cpu load ..running vista ultimate, 1.6 ghz athalon, 1.5 gig memory (help) -- dandy richardson
November 14th 07 09:06 AM
by Peter Lawton[_2_] Go to last post
4 124
vista ultimate 64bit with DiNovo Mini ? by ultimatex64bit
Hello,i was wondering if any one knows if the DiNovo Mini works with vista ultimate 64bit ? as i just bought one and was googling about it and have read a few people saying it dosent,im so upset as ive paid for it now and cant return it. Please advice,:confused: -- ultimatex64bit
March 13th 10 02:12 AM
by Natéag[_3_] Go to last post
6 447
vista ultimate 64bit with DiNovo Mini ? by ultimatex64bit
Hello,i was wondering if any one knows if the DiNovo Mini works with vista ultimate 64bit ? as i just bought one and was googling about it and have read a few people saying it dosent,im so upset as ive paid for it now and cant return it. Please advice,:confused: -- ultimatex64bit
March 12th 10 10:15 PM
by ultimatex64bit Go to last post
0 276
Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G Card by Ultra Rebel
I'm working @ Vodafone Solutions Support New Zealand. We are still investigating this issue but I advise to keep trying and playing with the card on Win Vista, as Vista is still changing some releases might work and others not. I will try to post when we have a reliable test ourself. Ultra Rebel "Bigsib" wrote: I have all ready contacted Vodafone about this issue, in the curt email
October 11th 06 07:19 PM
by Ultra Rebel Go to last post
0 120
Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G Card by Ultra Rebel
I'm working @ Vodafone Solutions Support New Zealand. We are still investigating this issue but I advise to keep trying and playing with the card on Win Vista, as Vista is still changing some releases might work and others not. I will try to post when we have a reliable test ourself. Ultra Rebel "Bigsib" wrote: I have all ready contacted Vodafone about this issue, in the curt email
October 11th 06 09:37 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 203
Monitor's Speakers by Unabletowhistle
My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor, don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for this purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still work on the computer. Any ideas what to do?
December 25th 07 05:08 AM
by JW Go to last post
4 126
Speakers on Monitor by Unabletowhistle
My sister muted her speakers, which happen to be built onto the monitor, don't work. In the volume control it says no devices are installed for this purpose and its not the computer itself because the usb speakers still work on the computer. Any ideas what to do?
December 23rd 07 01:48 AM
by Unabletowhistle Go to last post
0 98
USB Mouse not working! ( showing up as unidentifed device) by Unchained
Every time I plug my mouse (Micro-Innovations, Model #PD902P) into my laptop I get the option of installing the mouse. I click on locate and install mouse (recommended)and it starts the Windows Auto install thing. It shows Unidentifed Device and says Downloading update then goes to failed. Then another box pops up and tells me that the USB Browser Mouse failed to install because the driver...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 09 09:08 AM
by Mr Rududu Go to last post
13 577
Why VISTA can't see my iPod through HUB by Uncle Scotty
Hi, I am running VISTA home premium. On my previous machine, I was running XP Home and connecting my iPod to the computer thru a powered HUB. It worked fine, and iTunes recognized my iPod. When I migrated to this new machine with VISTA, iTunes no longer sees my iPod when it's connected, and I have to precariously connect it through one of the USB ports on the face of the tower (since all...
January 24th 09 03:44 PM
by Uncle Scotty Go to last post

From The