Looking for an external usb drive enclosure by unclebuckle
I'm trying to find an external drive enclosure that is compatible with Windows Vista (either 32 or 64) that will accept either a 3.5 IDE or 3.5 SATA drive. Please reply with your recommendations. Thanks UB
October 19th 08 05:16 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 278
Asus P5E SupremeFX II Audio Card not recognized. by undisclosed
Not much help, I know, but this has just happened to me too. Spooky. Windows 7 x64 Q6700 8800GT Asus Maxmius Extreme 6GB DDR3 --
May 10th 10 05:52 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 402
BLUE SCREEN by UNKNOWN.!
HAVING A BLUE SCREEN ON VISTA ULTIMATE. COMPUTER RESTARTS RANDOMLY OR WHEN I TRY TO PLAY ANY OF MY GAMES. I COULD NOT FIND THE HELP I NEED ON THE INTERNET LOOKED EVERYWHERE. I think It WAS SOME HARWHERE ERROR OR SOMETHING BIOS AND CACHE SHAWODING OFF SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
July 29th 08 03:15 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
4 205
Problems with external hard drive. by unknown[_2_]
I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When you right click and select properties...
September 17th 08 01:29 AM
by bob[_12_] Go to last post
2 213
Drives wont read CD or DVD-ROM by Unphazable
Shortly after installing windows vista my computer stopped reading any dvd or game or music cd i put in... I recieve no error message or anything it simply acts as if I put nothing in, what could this be? and how do I fix it? I tried installing all updates still in-affective.
September 19th 07 05:08 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
5 154
Cannot read pictures on DVD by Unsavy
A DVD was made on a separate computer that used windows XP and the disc was formated using windows explorer and pictures were dragged and dropped onto the DVD. I cannot see the pictures on my DVD drive on my computer that is using Windows Vista. The pictures on the DVD can be seen on another computer that uses Windows XP and my computer works fine with other DATA DVD's or DVD movies or...
December 20th 07 04:10 PM
by Unsavy Go to last post
2 140
can i use bluetooth to listen to my comp by UnworldlyPsyco
im wanting to use a bluetooth headset to listen to music and videos from my computer and i want to know if i could before i bought one.
May 19th 08 08:10 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 148
Swapped monitors will not display by UoW tech
I changed my monitor from a NEC LCD 1700 V to a Digimate DGL2700 LCD TV and Vista now goes through the boot motions but does not display it says unsupported even if I switch to 640 X 480. However if I boot up using the NEC montor and then switch the cables I do get a display on the Digimate ... however when I reboot I am back to my original problem. My display card is a ATI All in Wonder...
October 30th 06 02:23 PM
by UoW tech Go to last post
2 159
Problems with Autoplay on iTunes by Upperninety8
When i plug my ipod into the USB i get an autoplay popup giving me options to open folder to view files or speed up my system. No matter how long i wait after that my ipod will not show up on iTunes. I've tried disabling autoplay, but that still wont work. Any ideas? '' (http://client.silabsoft.org/client.php) -- Upperninety8
June 4th 08 12:23 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 176
SCSI SAFE REMOVAL ? by UPRIGHTBASSER
WHY DO I GET A NOTIFICATION THAT IT IS SAFE TO REMOVE AN SCSI DISK DEVICE FOR DRIVES D: C:,, ? AND THEN CANT REMOVE,, ? OR MAYBE I SHOULDNT ?
November 15th 07 08:52 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 121
No Battery Detected by Upsidedown25
(My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 w/ Windows Vista Ultimate)Vista states that no battery was detected, yet i have one inserted. I've tried pulling it out and putting it back in, even the BIOS settings detect no battery. When I remove the power cable, it still runs off battery, but the battery light turns red. Also, I am trying to upgrade my BIOS and as a requirement, you must have your...
March 21st 08 03:29 PM
by DellCA[_24_] Go to last post
5 157
Printer through a shared printer is horribly slow. by Upstech
I am using Windows Vista Home and am having problems printing to a shared printer. The shared printer is connected to a Windows XP workstation. The printer is a sharp copier connected via USB. The network is two workstations in a workgroup connected via a wireless connection. It takes a very long time and even times out when printing from peachtree. I have never experienced an issue like...
August 21st 07 03:57 AM
by john Go to last post
8 181
DVD/CD-R rom not working by urbaneve
okay here's the thing -- i have a compaq presario f500 (f572 to be exact) running on vista with the latest updates, amd anthalon x2, 2 GB memory. simple little machine i know, but it gets the job done for work. the problem is that i need it to burn cd's and dvd's. it used to work just fine and now it doesnt. when i bring up my computer the drive is showing.
November 23rd 08 01:16 AM
by flyer[_2_] Go to last post
6 535
how long defrag work it??? by [email protected]
hello. i wonder me about defragment! why need to long for defragment my pc?? i have windows vista home basic. why need it long time! can somebody say and explain why it need long time defragment?? i hope i will get a help from somebody!! big great from urbani
January 16th 08 08:01 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 128
Monitor Acceleration by UrbanPioneer
My monitor has had issues for quite some time now. The only way I can keep it from EXTREME flickering is to set it to a low resolution, lower the refresh rate (I know it's supposed to be the opposite, but this is what I have to do), and turn off the monitor acceleration. On Vista, the troubleshoot page says that my driver won't allow changing acceleration settings. Huh? It's the same...
August 24th 07 12:55 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 117
Can't Install 1TB Hard Drives by urGirl
A work around that has worked for me was to format the brand new 1TB hdd on another computer running windows. I had to connect the brand new one as a secondary hard drive on a working system first, then open up disk management and format the new hdd using NTFS file system. After it had been formatted, I connected it back to the computer where I was setting it up as the primary hdd, and voila!...
December 21st 09 04:08 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
2 171
ZIP Drives and Vista by Uri 763
I recently installed a new ZIP 750 ATAPi Drive on the vacant IDE controller of my PC. It seemed to be working ok but sometimes after the drive spins down Windows can't access the files reporting no disc in drive, with the drive activity light flashing 1 per second, attempting to access the disc causes the light to flash at twice that rate. This seems to be an intermittant problem, if you...
August 17th 07 01:07 AM
by Uri 763 Go to last post
0 140
Wireless Keyboard help by urkT
Hi, Just purchased the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2000, and the I can't get the keyboard to work. When typing it just inputs random characters, or nothing at all. I have installed all the vista drivers, and have followed all the advice given on the support page (uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, checked old keyboard is uninstalled, confirmed with the mskey utility that it...
July 29th 07 01:39 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
5 149
dxdiag reporting 3G RAM instead of 4G by us3r
bought a new laptop and it came along with 1X2G of ram from the manufacturer-upgraded it to 2X2G at the store.my system report and bios shows me the correct number,though dxdiag only 3G.the question is-which report should i trust??:sarc: +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: dxdiag.jpg | |Download:...
November 22nd 08 11:54 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
9 513
Cannot Mirror Desktop in Vista Home Premium by usasma
Installed Vista Home Premium (Upgrade) on an XPPro system (clean install) with 2 displays. The desktop was extended to the 2nd display automatically when it setup. Unplugged 2nd display and uninstalled it in Device Manager. Rebooted - device not listed in Device Manager. Reconnected 2nd display and it reverted to the extended desktop. All the resources that I've read suggest that...
December 12th 08 03:02 AM
by Figgerer Go to last post

From The