DI-624 Router- if I configure it - works in XP NOT in Vista by Peter
Since going to 5728 and updating the router's firmware, if I use the configuration wizard as I normally do then I can only connect to the internet using XP but not Vista. I have to keep clicking the factiry reset button to get Vista to connect! I have hi-speed cable - modem -DI624 - Intel Pro/100VE Lan adapter. I cannot for the life of me tell which setting(s) is causing it. If it's any use to...
October 3rd 06 01:55 PM
by Homer J. Simpson Go to last post
8 176
Hard drive capacity keeps dropping by Vince
Help...I just installed RC1 and I noticed when I check my hard drive capacity that it keeps dropping .1 gigabytes every so often. Any one else have this problem?
October 3rd 06 04:51 AM
by Vince Go to last post
0 143
Sound Blaster 24 bit Live success by CZ
FYI: I used the SB24_WEB64_LB_1_04_0055.exe dnload for Win XP to get two speaker sound for my Sound Blaster 24 bit Live in RC1 build 5728. Note that I installed it via the "Run as Administrator" option. URL for...
October 3rd 06 02:56 AM
by CZ Go to last post
0 178
Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working! by Willgart
Hi, the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1 but not under RC1 I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release. anyone as the same issue?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 06 02:33 AM
by super_canard Go to last post
12 645
DVD Drive will not work with Windows Vista RC1 by Steve
Hi, im having trouble with my dvd drive. when i try to load up a program that requires a CD to boot up, it asks me to insert the cd, even when the correct cd is in the drive. when i go to my computer, it has a big blue ? over my D: when i try to double click it, it gives me this error: D:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network....
October 3rd 06 12:13 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 204
HP Printer Still Can't Install in Pre-RC-1 by Boomer
Well, I hope HP gets on the ball and puts out updated drivers that work with Vista on their All in One Photosmart 2570.
October 3rd 06 12:05 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
3 408
Linksys Wireless-G Support RC1 5600 - Answers by Chris Darr
this comment was created for anyone having the same problem as me. If you are using a Linksys Wireless Adapter product (it does not matter which one), you Will NOT BE ABLE TO GO WIRELESS using the 64BIT OS, this is under no Circumstances! this is a LINKSYS problem, PLEASE do not be so NAIVE, and blame this on Microsoft, if microsoft does come out with a fix for this good for them. But...
October 2nd 06 11:43 PM
by Chris Darr Go to last post
2 201
Recognizing Full Capacity of 300GB HDD in Vista RC1 by Crazyjimmy123
Recently I purchased a 300GB ATA/100 internal hard drive, but when I installed the drive, the Vista RC1 only recognized 137GB of it, what can I do to get my full capacity of my hard drive? Does Windows Vista RC1 support 48-bit logical block addressing?
October 2nd 06 10:33 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
3 157
Computer beyond control by tom42
I loaded Vista Ultimate 64 bit as a clean installation on a new computer using a DVD. The installation seemed to go well. Immediately afterward, the computer was connected to the internet and all seemed fine. Then I put my monitor disc in the DVD drive to install its drivers, features and user’s guide. The computer did not recognize the new disc in the DVD drive automatically, and so I...
October 2nd 06 10:21 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
1 132
NOBODY having problems with ATI beta drivers? by Shonge
HIS Hightech X1600XT IceQ here, when I try to install the ATI RC1 drivers, they don't stick. The installation goes fine, everything says they worked, but when I reboot my comp, Vista defaults back to the WDDM drivers. With the WDDM drivers, I get strange random flickering (not the whole screen just a few random lines towards the top of the display) whenever I start a program that uses the...
October 2nd 06 10:15 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
2 145
asus a8r32 mvp-deluxe motherboard reboot every 5 minutes by [email protected]
(i copied this post i made on forums.microsoft.com, sorry for the unneeded verbiage) hi all. i am running the latest vista, built 5728 RC1, i believe, on my asus a8r32 mvp-deluxe motherboard. i am a fully supporting, registered vista user with a valid product key. I would like to try out lots of the new features in this build, but every 5 minutes or so, my system gets the blue screen error...
October 2nd 06 10:13 PM
by DaleMail Go to last post
9 152
Winfast Dtv1000 video in missing by Mark Morgan
After installing vista I went to media center to set up my tv card winfast dtv1000 everything looked ok but it dosnt seem to pick up the video capture or video in, Is there anything I can do ie. regedit to correct this problem? Thanks for your help Mark Morgan
October 2nd 06 08:50 PM
by Mark Morgan Go to last post
0 139
Stuck at 640 x 480 and 4 bit color by JohnL
I have a brand new system that I have just put together, here are the basic specs: Shuttle SN27P2 XPC with NForce 570 AMD X2 3800+ Brisbane 2 x Corsair CM2X1024-6400PRO 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB NEC DVD Burner EVGA GeForce 7900GS 256M PCI Expressx16
October 2nd 06 08:17 PM
by JohnL Go to last post
1 137
nvidea display driver question by Trev
Hi. I've just installed RC1 on my pc, everything seems to be fine but i cannot seem to install the Nvidea display driver, ive tried a few times but nothing seems to work, it gets so far then I GET THE MESSAGE 'CANNOT CONTINUE INSTALL, THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT OPERATING SYSTEM, AND I AM DOWNLOADING THE VISTA RC1 DRIVERS FROM NVIDEA'S WEBSITE. also, my usb wireless network card seems to havbe...
October 2nd 06 08:00 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
4 139
Internet Connection Disconnects after 10 seconds by pressler
I installed a couple of different dial-up modems which appear to install properly, but the problem is, when I connect to the internet, it will connect only for a bout 10 seconds, then disconnect. When I look at Network Connections, it says that I'm still connected, which when I try my phone, I have a dial tone. I try to disconnect it, it says it cannot disconnect it. So, I reboot, try the...
October 2nd 06 07:58 PM
by pressler Go to last post
0 133
Sound volume adjustments by terrigenous
I like windows vista rc1 build 5600, it's very nice. But one issue I do have is, When you visit a webpage with macromedia videos such as your local weather station. The volume is always set at low in volume mixer. You can turn up the volume on the website, which does help a little put if you want to hear what the video is saying. You have to open volume mixer control and turn up the volume...
October 2nd 06 07:51 PM
by Gene Fitz Go to last post
1 146
Drivers for EIDE controler by J6
Hello fiolks:Anybody know where I can get drivers for a "PDC 20268 Ultra 100 TX2 Eide controller"?. I need them so that Vista will recoginize two physical harddrives on my system. Thanks -- J6
October 2nd 06 07:45 PM
by J6 Go to last post
6 200
impossible to use the microphone on a AMILO siemens by felix from france
Since 2 days, i try to fix the sound of the microphone on this computers. Impossible to use the mic (Windows messenger, skype and dragon dictate..) It's a real problem because i'm working with those program daily. Even the sound work properly, i can boost the mic, but it not working anymore when i try to make it on. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft...
October 2nd 06 06:50 PM
by felix from france Go to last post
0 147
USB keyboard did not work on wakeup of Vista b2 by fishphone
Yes my system did exactly the same when I inadvertently used the sleep function, and it took me ages to get it rebooted successfully (I had to connect a PS2 keyboard to get back in as boot screen and bios options could not be accessed using the USB keyboard). I think the sleep button in the start menu is awfully misleading. I have actually created shortcuts for shut down and restart direct...
October 2nd 06 04:50 PM
by fishphone Go to last post
0 138
Multimon with two video cards in Vista by Dan
Actually I have the same problem with 2 'supported' cards. Don't know that 2 cards work at all in vista, only the primary from the BIOS works and the other Code 43's out... need to go find a single card that will drive 3 monitors I guess :-) "ryuujin" wrote: i have the same problem. it seems like the video drivers from nvidia (beta for vista) doesn't even support my nvidia video card....
October 2nd 06 02:37 PM
by ryuujin Go to last post

From The