Poor Battery Life by VA
I did a fresh install of Vista Ultimate (RTM from MSDN) on my 1 year-old Asus Z70VA notebook. Overall, the process went pretty well and I'm generally pleased with the new OS. However, the one big issue I am having is with battery life which has essentially been halved by Vista compared to what I was used to with XP. I used to get upwards of 3 - 4 hours with XP but with Vista it’s no...
December 19th 06 06:47 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
9 561
Canon EOS Rebel XTi/EOS 400D digital by vadi
"The problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Window Vista an EOS 400D". I have a Gateway GT5464 Desktop Computer with Window Vista (32bit) which Canon Inc. tells me should have PTP Picture Transfer Protocol installed.I have downloaded the latest and recommended software from Canon and still the computer ignores the camera.-----Is there something else that I am missing and where...
March 1st 08 06:09 PM
by KevinP Go to last post
8 385
sidewinder wheel by vag
is there a driver for vista x64 for sidewinder wheel? becouse i'm placking the usb and the windows report it as an aknown device!!!!!!!!! and microsoft don't even mention something about this!!! if anyone knows something plz help
November 5th 07 12:45 PM
by Ken Koehler Go to last post
4 111
Driver Errors & Hot Fix Malfunction by Vague NYC[_2_]
hello, like several others i have been having problems getting Vista to acknowledge or install USB devices. i'm asked to locate the drivers for my devices and even when i do vista won't accept them. i've downloaded all the vista updates for my products from their respective websites and still vista won't recognize any of them. a Microsoft update pop up window directed me to their Hot Fix...
November 29th 07 04:36 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
2 169
Help with video card by vakama380
I recently moved my computer, before I moved it my add-in graphics card worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plug the monitor into the adapter cable that comes with it and turn on my computer nothing happens. I have resorted to using my built-in graphics chip ( an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family but the problem is it dosen't work for many of my games (which is why i got...
May 21st 08 11:37 PM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
3 134
Main memory (RAM) usage by Val
Hi! I have a question. My computer has 4 GB of main memory (4 sticks of 1 GB each) . However, Windows Vista recognizes only about 3.3 GB (3327 MB, to be more exact). Or, at least, that is what I read when I go to -Control Panel-System-View RAM and Processor speed. So, about 700 MB is missing. What's going on? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks! -- Val
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 11:00 PM
by CB Go to last post
13 216
Serious Errors with Graphics Card by Valengos
I am running on Windows Vista Enterprise Build 6000. I'm having problems working my Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256mb although it was meant to be supported. I've used all possible drivers , official or unofficial but still there is no solution. I try to apply Aero , the screen goes black , No Input Signal is shown , cursor appears , freezes and then a blue screen for 1 second before Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 07 10:50 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
10 283
hard drive problems by valhalla
ok heres my problem ive just got a new machine running ultimate x64, the main hard drive is a sata drive no problems with this . ive also got a samsung hd400ld ata (400 gb) ive put this in the machine and reformatted it (ntfs) its done this ok but now its showing one partition and its saying that its only 31.50 gb, i would epect to lose some space but not 360gb, can someone plz point me in...
March 1st 08 05:54 PM
by valhalla[_3_] Go to last post
3 184
Accessing windows based mobile device in windows vista by Valkyris
I have a HP Pocket PC hooked up to a Windows Vista machine. The device is recognized, the device password is accepted and the device shows up in windows explorer. However when trying to expand the entry to view the contents of my Pocket PC nothing is diplayed in widows explorer and no error is received. Anyone know what might be the issue here? I might point out that it has worked in the...
May 27th 08 09:34 PM
by Valkyris Go to last post
0 161
keyboard disable select all key by valley101
My father has an emachine keyboard and the select all key is located on the right hand side of the keyboard under the shift key and to the left of the control key. When typing one can accidently hit the select all key while hitting the shift key and then the next key stroke brings up the option menu with the undo option highlighted, the next key stroke highlights all that you've written,...
January 23rd 08 05:05 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 180
4Gb Micro SDHC by Val[_4_]
When I put my SDHC card into the removeable drive it does not recognize it. I have gone to my Devices - Disk Management everywhere and it says all drivers are up to date. Can anyone help me with this?
February 13th 09 11:36 AM
by ewastudent Go to last post
2 139
Vista Audio to specfic device by application? by [email protected]
I have two playback devices in my Volume Mixer, Speakers and Headphones. When I want to play games, I always want the sound to go through the headphones, but otherwise I want the audio to go through the Speakers. Is this possible? Most of my games do not allow me to change the playback device.
January 2nd 08 04:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive by vampchick21
Here's the situation. We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10. Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did a recovery and everything was dandy. Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once again I go through exactly the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 09 04:05 PM
by gareth3 Go to last post
43 1,295
Vista Ultimate x64 and sleep by Vampir
I use sleep function daily and the most annoying part is that it disables my usb stick Kingston Secure Privacy Edition 4GB after being woken up. In order to re-enable the device I have to phsically unplug and plug it. I use this device to store important data daily and its not ment to be removed. Is there an option to disable automatic disable of the device? Or re-enable it without physically...
September 15th 08 10:35 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 154
Ok, no sound, says no driver, please HELP! by Vampyfan
Well, this CD came with my new Windows Vista computer, it says "Upgrade your Windows Vista Experience". I put it into my Windows XP computer and i installed Home Premium, since i put in my Vista code and it said Home Premium. So, it went in fine,installed fine, everything loaded up and everything. But, i have no sound. My speakers are plugged in and are on, at the bottom it has an x on the...
April 24th 07 02:29 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 148
HELP! by Vanessa
I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and I have only been using it for a few months when it started telling me that my 33 GB are all used up! My programs only add up to ONE GB and I have no idea where it is getting that my other GB are full. Does anybody have any way I can get rid of all that? Don't suggest deleting programs and disk cleanup please, Ive tried.
February 23rd 08 12:53 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 302
Vista won't let me Safely Remove Hardware! by vanguardmellophone
Whenever I use any USB memory stick with a computer running Windows Vista and I'm finished, I click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon to stop using it. I get a message saying that Windows cannot stop because the device is still in use, and to clase all applications. But all applications are already closed. The Task Manager shows no applications are open. I tried running a small program...
July 28th 07 08:23 AM
by koze Go to last post
3 117
TV Tuner in build 5536 (saa7134) by Vanja Lolz
I previously ran vista public beta 2 and managed to get my TV Tuner card (Compro DVB-T300, phillips saa7134) working in media center. It took alot of trial and error with various different drivers found on the internet. Now I have upgraded to build 5536, and no matter which driver I try I haven't been able to get Media Center to detect my tuner card. The best result I've had is to have the...
September 2nd 06 03:06 AM
by Vanja Lolz Go to last post
0 525
sound problem by Vanokat
I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I open anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I have updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or watch any videos on Youtube...HELP!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 08 10:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
13 228
Problems running any game on Vista Business x64 by Varant
Hello there, Any game I run on Vista Business x64 gives me some problems. I can play games for anywhere between 4 minutes and 4 hours. But after a certain amount of time, my computer completly locks up (not even a BSOD). The game just freezes and my sound goes berzerk (it's sounds like a weird repeating sound kind of virus like). I have run all virus scans, disk defrag and updated all...
August 13th 08 06:53 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post

From The