  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
High Definition Audio Driver by Clayton
I've installed Vista Basic on a ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard everything installed fine except for the Video Drivers which I downloaded from VIA and it works fine, the only problem I have now is with the High Definition Audio Controller, it shows in device manager with a yellow ! and says something about can not find enough free resources. I removed the driver and restarted the system, it found...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 13 04:18 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
23 3,198
Ready Boost Flash Drive 4 gb from 8 gb Drive by Joel
Hello, I am using Vista 64 Home Premium with 8 gb ddr2 ram. I use an 8 gb flash drive formatted NTSF. The Readyboost cash is limitted to 4090 bytes. Why? Should I be able to use the full 8 gb? -- Joel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 10th 09 08:41 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
23 1,034
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 10th 09 11:59 PM
by dmj120 Go to last post
22 571
Vista 64 doesn't see 8 gigs of ram. Just 4 by Zombie[_2_]
Motherboard combo EVGA nforce 780i SLl w/ Intel quadcore 2 Q6700 2.66ghz Case= Apevia MX-ALIEN-BK/500 Hard drive=Western Digital Caviar Greenpower 500gb 7200, 16mb sata-300 oem x 2 http://asr.smakugames.com/e107_images/emotes/default/smile.png] Power supply= UltraX3 ULT40064 1000 watt w/memory sticks! Corsair TWINX 4096mb pc6400 ddr2 x 4 Vid Card=BFG Geforce GTX 280 video card 1gb, gddr3, PCIe...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 20th 09 09:47 AM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
22 486
Vista 64 recognizes 4Gb but only uses 3Gb!! by nadrm
hi to all and tnx in advance for support, i've installed 4Gb RAM on my Notebook Toshiba with Intel T5500, Northbridge Intel i945PM rev. 03 and Southbridge Intel 82801GHM (ICH7-M DH) rev. 02. After memory update i've installed *Vista x64 Ultimate SP1* and System Info under Control Panel says 4,00Gb Ram Memory but *Task Manager says only 3069Mb Physical Memory*. Moreover i ran msconfig and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 30th 09 05:06 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
22 437
Any chance my monitor will work with Vista? by pdsnickles
I have a Dell 1901FP Flat Panel Color Monitor. I just bought a new HP computer using Vista Premium 64bit but am debating whether or not to keep it now that I see so many issues with 64bit Vista. I went to the Driver Download page at Dell for my monitor and it has a driver listed for download for XP but none for Vista. I guess that means they have no driver for Vista so it won't work, right? So...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 28th 09 07:29 AM
by pdsnickles[_2_] Go to last post
22 550
external hard drive by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have several external hard drives and to remove them from usb port your suppose to double click remove hardware icon in task bar near clock. I have ruined 2 of them by accidentally unplugging them. If the computer is turned off is it a different story. Can you go ahead and unplug it without clicking remove hardware icon without harming device? Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 19th 09 01:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
22 727
DVD RW Drive Problem by JamesJ[_4_]
What would cause Vista x32 sp2 to all of a sudden not see my DVD RW Drive. I went to open it today and nothing happened. I checked 'Computer' and the device wasn't there. I checked BIOS and it showed as 'None'. The only option in the BIOS other than 'None' was 'Disabled' I opened my computer and checked the ribbon which seemed to be connected ok. After jiggling the ribbon and checking the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 14th 09 02:41 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
22 575
computer makes loud noise and lags. by nooger
Sorry if this is the wrong section but, sometimes when im just on the computer my computer will make a noise. I really dont know how to describe the noise but its like when the fan in your room is turned to like extra fast. Whenever the noise comes my computer just starts to lag. Anyone know whats causing this?? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 09 09:31 PM
by ashvin Go to last post
22 794
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) by Cal Bear '66
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 08 03:15 AM
by Superluminal Go to last post
22 470
Vista x64 and Gigabyte MB 4G RAM Issue - help by tommiy[_9_]
I have a GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 MB, GS7900, 2x320G Seagate sata drives and 4G of RAM. My issue is that vista x64 will reboot indefinitely at times and then not at others. At present it will not start with 4G in it at all. I'm running at whits end trying to figure out what is wrong here. I've discovered that turning on boot logging doesn't actually log the boot failure at all....just the subsequent...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 07 08:49 AM
by John_T[_14_] Go to last post
22 440
Problems with sleep by BuzzLightyear
To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore LAN settings
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 08 07:19 AM
by JKK Go to last post
22 586
Lightscribe DVD SATA drive by Lang Murphy
I'm looking at a Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 DVD SATA drive with Lightscribe... since I already have two internal SATA hard drives, I guess I'd have to buy another SATA card to utilize the SATA DVD drive. The drive specs only list SATA as the interface. I'd guess that probably means it's SATA gen 1 with 1.5Gb/s throughput. Is that a safe assumption to make or might Lightscribe technology require...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 19th 07 05:42 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post
22 357
Heres a cracker of a problem - Nvidia Drivers by DABhand
Lets see how many others have this problem. Yesterday I noticed my gaming was slow, and today I get fed up and checked the device manager and lo and behold Vista was using the WDM drivers. I thought hmmmm how strange is that. So went to install the Nvidia drivers (158.24) and during install it hits me with
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 20th 07 05:24 AM
by DABhand Go to last post
22 725
New nVidia Drivers (158.24) and new LightScribe software by Cal Bear '66
nVidia ver. 158.24 (June 1, 2007) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html Light Scribe (June 1, 2007) http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx?id=810 -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 07 01:16 AM
by Tomislav Go to last post
22 572
vista sound driver problem by russ_will
every time i shut down vista the sound drivers are changed , i then reinstall the latest realtech drivers but when i shut down my system they revert to ones that do not work . any way to stop vista changing the drivers ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 10 05:56 AM
by GG[_5_] Go to last post
22 1,238
Hauppauge HVR-1600 by Catbed
I recently bought a HVR-1600 and it does not work in Vista Home Premium Media Center. I try to set up TV and it says "Tuner not found". i have tried "To All With Vista TV Tuner Card Problems" and that didn't work. Please help! -thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 8th 07 02:12 PM
by Catbed Go to last post
22 456
No Audio Device after Computer Resumes from Sleep State by George
When my computer resumes from its sleep state (STR), the Sound Device is gone. I have to reboot the computer to get it back. I have a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev 2) mother board with a Realtek ALC888 HD codec chip. I used the latest Realtek HD software which is version 1.56. This is a newly built computer with a clean install of Vista Home Premium. I reverted back to the drivers Vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 20th 07 12:50 AM
by slartibartphast Go to last post
22 472
LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM by PaulP
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems to work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application (LifeCam.exe), I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working" I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera unplugged, installed with it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 16th 09 02:38 PM
by magitekarmour Go to last post
22 2,347
RC2 Keeps Loading Internal Graphics Drivers by cmcarthy
Hi all, I seem to be in an endless loop with RC2 and my internal graphics card. Unfortunately, my eMachines doesn't have an true "Disable Internal Graphics" command in the BIOS. I'm currently using a dedicated graphics card for Vista. However, Vista keeps finding the internal graphics and keeps loading the drivers which turn aero off and reverts me to Vista basic (ughh). Rebooting usually...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 09:22 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The