  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
2 desktop computers in 2 locations. 1 USB bootable drive. Possib by lairdwh
I want to have 2 desktop computers, one in the city, one in the country, and carry one bootable USB drive between them. (And I would backup to a cloned, serial SATA drive, internal). I heard that from a HP support person that microsoft is planning to create this possibility in the future. What do you know about this. (And what searchable phrases might reveal their plans).
May 11th 08 03:31 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 185
2 External USB HD for XP and ME by New Orleans Novice[_3_]
Hi, I have 2 PC's. 1 with XP with an External USB HD. The 2nd PC has Win ME. Is there such a thing as an External USB HD that will work with Win ME? Where, when and how can I purchase it and install it? Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
May 28th 08 11:39 PM
by Norman[_4_] Go to last post
3 191
2 GB dual channel vs 3 GB single channel by FrozenEclipse
I bought a 1 GB stick of RAM for my comp today, but I made the rookie mistake of not realizing that having an odd number of sticks of RAM in my comp (3x1GB) would make me lose the dual channel. So my question is, do I lose performance by not having the dual channel? Would I actually gain some by having additional memory? Or is it really a crapshoot with no real gain or loss of performance either...
July 30th 08 02:52 AM
by GTS Go to last post
3 203
2 gb sd card by Greg
2 GB sd cards do not work with vista Home premium. Windows requires that the card be formatted, and then it formats the card to 969 MB instead of 2 GB. My suggestion to microsoft: Fix it! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
September 9th 07 08:32 PM
by Greg Go to last post
3 130
2 GB sd card problem by Greg
I have noticed several others with this same problem, but there doesnt seem to be a well defined solution that I have found yet. Here is my problem: I have a 2GB sd card (San Disk). The card works fine in my Palm TX as well as on Windows XP machines and shows up as having 2GB of storage. However, the card does not show up when I try to use it with my Laptop which runs Vista Home Premium. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 09 08:55 AM
by SciteachUK Go to last post
17 510
2 Gig SD card issue resolved? by Mark C
Greetings. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, SP1, and my multi SD card reader can't read 2 gig cards. It can read other cards with less than 2 gig. With the 2 gig card it just sits and tries to read it, doing nothing at all, no offer to format or even open a window to view. I've seen many others that have this issue. Has this been fixed to anyone's knowledge? Thanks in advance. -Mark
August 11th 08 03:42 PM
by Jiggs Go to last post
4 245
2 gigs worth of memory frustration by thedraphter
I built a computer, and it is running along fine. I started out with 2 gigs of ram, knowing that i would buy 2 more later when I could afford it. I bought the second 2 gigs, and installed them. Befo I had 2 gig, and it showed 2 gig.....no problem Now: (with memory remap feature OFF) Bios shows 4 gig, but windows jumps sputters and reboots itself quite often.
April 24th 07 06:35 AM
by motarola2 Go to last post
5 152
2 Hard drives by Bill
I have a new CQ desktop SR5113WM with Vista. I instaled my old XP hard drive WD400BB, it shows up in the Device manager but it has no letter and dosen't show in Coumpter. I wanted to get old files from it. Would like help. Thanks! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 18th 07 02:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
11 197
2 hard drives not recognized in RC1 5600 by J6
I'm using a dual-boot XP and RC1 5600 system. When I'm on XP all the physical drives ARE recognized. When I'm on RC1 vista 2 physical drives ARE NOT recognized. My thinking is that is because there are no vista drivers for the IDE controller for those two drives. According to device manager, the controller for those two unrecoginized drives is a "via bus master IDE controller -0571". I have...
November 1st 06 04:30 PM
by John R. L. Bell Go to last post
2 167
2 Mice? by Al
I have an HP wireless optical mouse on my Vista Home Premium system, and when I look in Device Manager, I have two (apparently identical). I can delete one, but it always seems to reappear. I am having the universal problems of the mouse freezing on wakeup from sleep also; these two mice have anything to do with that? Any way to kill one mouse? Mousetrap?
December 15th 07 02:59 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
3 222
2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load by GT
2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software installed. This happen everytime and it's very annoying.
February 22nd 07 02:36 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 233
2 Os's by rewindurmind
Hey. I have 4 HDD's 2 SATA and 2 IDE. 1: Primary which is running Vista Ultimate x64 - 500gb 2: Holds important work info 3: Blank (IDE) 4: Back up (IDE) I'm thinking about installing Win XP SP 2 on the 3rd drive. I know how to install an OS, but what would I have to boot that drive as primary? Mess around with the jumpers everytime? Or would there be an option to
October 27th 08 06:46 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
3 719
2 Sata DVD-Rs that are very slow by crazykooter[_2_]
Like title says I have 2 sata burners that just wont work right in vista 64. I have tried every thing I know yet that read and write very slow. My system is a Asus P5K-E wifi board. 4 gigs of ram and 2 sata 2 250 gig hdds. Ive tried resetting bios to stock. Heck ive searched google for hrs trying to find an answer to this. One of the burners is a brand new Samsung and the other is a...
November 15th 07 12:57 AM
by crazykooter[_3_] Go to last post
2 159
2 vista installation on 2 devices by Juleke
Hi, Like I did with Win 2000 and XP, I'm trying to have 2 installations of Vista on 2 different devices. I choosing on which device I'm booting via the BIOS disc order. But on Vista, from the time that machine is starting on device 1 and device 2 is connected (My c drive of device 2 is renamed to eg H) On the next reboot where I'm choosing use device 2, windows is not able to
November 29th 08 12:38 PM
by Juleke Go to last post
0 281
2,3 ide drives disappear by [email protected]
i have 3 physical IDE drives (the primary , and a slave , plus another as master on second channel + my DVD as the 4th ide device on installing Vista ultimate , runs - but , but every so often , (maybe every couple of days) , wil be 1/2 way thru doing something , and all the drives (physical , and partition) , will all dissapear , except the c (windows) drive , this doesnt seem to...
June 6th 07 08:22 AM
by joker Go to last post
3 165
2.5 Hard Drive Enclosure Driver CD FOR XP NOT VISTA by [email protected]
Hi this is gonna sound very stupid but I ran over my laptop but managed to save the hard drive and put it into a Hard drive enclosure which came with a cd. I used the cd on xp/2000 and it worked fine (except I couldn't see any of my much needed files for some reason) any way I tried to install the cd on to my new laptop (vista) and it said THIS PROGRAM JUST CAN RUN ON WINDOWS 98/WINDOWS 2000...
April 7th 08 07:10 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 190
200 Gb Firewire Hard Drive only showing 127 Gb by Rico
So here is the issue. I have a Seagate HD and Windows Vista Premium. I wanted to reformat it is a 200Gb drive. When I formatted it I lost some of it's size. It is formatted and it is only showing 127 Gb and seems to work but I lost over a quarter of the drive space. Anybody have any indes? I even tried a USB enclosure same problem.
November 25th 07 02:00 AM
by amarillo Go to last post
3 137
22 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 07330 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos Uix^sgFG(*mXJN*+Z?NvzD#C
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 206
22" max res of only 1440x900 problem (Radeon HD3850) by RexHam
Hi all.... I've just gone and upgraded to Vista 64bit to maximize the 4gb RAM I have (with more planned) but have a problem with my Cibox 22" WS monitor only reporting a max resoltion of 1440x900 by the Ati Catalyst CC (v8.11) but it's native res is 1680x1050! On 32bit Vista - it was fine and had it at 1680x1050 no problem! My Radeon HD3850 has dual DVI connectors - the monitor has only D-sub...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 5th 08 07:57 PM
by RexHam Go to last post
10 499
221KB/s throughput from external drive (firewire) by pcmxa
I know there are any number of posts about transfer speeds but I haven't seen to many solutions so I thought I would put this out there. I am getting transfer speeds in the range of 221KB/s from Lacie Porsche external firewire to internal SATA. That's around 3-4 hours for a 4 gig file. Funny thing is I can open that file into photoshop in around 4-10 minutes. I was wondering if any further...
April 15th 08 05:58 AM
by pcmxa[_2_] Go to last post

From The